Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Adams of Killashee

• 06-08-2014 7:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi. I'm trying to find a bit of family history and planning on visiting Killashee Co. Longford in the next week or so. I'll be based in Cork but planning to travel up. My grandfather James Adams was born there in 1899 before moving to Wales later in his life. One of seven kids. Son of Ralph and Mary Adams who lived at Clonmore Farm. That's the info I have from family anyway. In 1901 and 1911 census it describes them living in a house in Cloonmore. Born into Church of Ireland. Anyone know of any Adamses in Killashee today? Or any info/advice for me on who I might talk to or visit? Or where Cloonmore/ Clonmore Farm is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

just replied to a very similar post, yours?, on IrelandXO

• Registered Users Posts: 4 antadams

yep - thanks. Just tried a couple of different forums. Your answers are helpful. Are you getting these records online? Am thinking now though about to get back the next stage from Ralph and Mary. No Adamses are listed in Longford in the 1851 census so their parents appear not to have been there. Perhaps a marriage record would have info on their birthplace/hometown?

birthdates
    Ralph 22/6/1862
    Mary 25/10/1869

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

the marriage cert is the next step... this will show current residences for the bride and groom, and names and occupations of their fathers. I'll stick to the other thread... no point trying to keep track of two

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Templeton

Hi. I live in Killashee, Co. Longford. I knew a Ralph Adams and a Ned Adams both lived in Killashee. Ralph lived in Clonmore, Killashee and Ned lived in Reppareehill, Killashee. To my knowledge neither were married. They were both farmers and their farms were sold. Neds house is still standing but in poor condition.

• Advertisement

hi Templeton - sorry haven't checked this forum for a long time. Just saw your message. So you're in Killashee? We managed to visit in the summer for a day, and really enjoyed ourselves. Grabbed a quick drink in the local pub. Ralph and Eddie/Ned? Yes, they were our family. It's true they never married.
    You knew them? Love to hear anything you remember about them.
    We saw Ralph's old place at Clonmore which was in a poor state. But didn't see Ned's. How would I find that place on a future visit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Templeton

Hi. Antadams. Good to hear from you. I live in Killashee quite near the old house of Ned and about a mile from Ralph's. I knew both men. Ned used to take the horns off cattle for my father. His house can be found quite easily as it is just along the road from Killashee to Lanesboro on the left hand side.

Advertisement