Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reviewing the sticky

• 13-09-2011 8:53pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

It’s been over two years since I first wrote the sticky on tracing our Irish ancestors and things have moved on. After consulting with the mods, I’ve revised the sticky to include newer innovations. It will be stickied and locked. I’d like to avoid a mini megathread from developing, because I think it puts people off from reading!

Please post your queries in a separate thread.

There’ll also be a separate stickied thread for links which I think we should leave open for anyone to add to, as long as you check the link is not already mentioned.

Thanks,
    Pinky

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

Is there any way of tracing ancestors who went abroad?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Hi Mari,

Can you please start a new thread for this?
    Also post where they went.
    If they went to the UK, there won't be any passenger records because we were all one country.

PP.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement