Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 18th 2014 Wicklow thunderstorm

• 17-04-2018 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Does anybody remember that morning? (It might have been a day or two before the date in the title, working off a date posted in instagram my sister took of a lightning strike) but my story behind that was quiet fascinating.

I had abruptly woken up in my sleep, but it was all quiet. However, I knew something was wrong, and then I heard the thunder roll, I wasn't really scared of thunder, however I was quiet scared this time around since I was in a caravan park on my holidays in Wicklow, (I'm a city boy.) So I got out of bed and went into my mothers room, she was awake and knew it was a thunderstorm outside too, for about 20 minutes we sat in her bed waiting the storm out, until eventually we realised that we were in a tin caravan, with huge trees right behind us that could fall and crush the back of the caravan easily, so we decided to move up to the front, and I will say, what I saw was spectacular, flashes of lightning up in the air everywhere. My mother told me that the Strom would eventually drift away like all thunderstorms, however... this one was different, it kept going away and then rushing back again, as if it was circling the area, it lasted from at least 4:50am to about 6:30 or 7am, it was so scary to the point where the Parents in the caravan park started texting about possibly evacuating the site if it didn't stop, I'll link a photo my sister took later on Twitter of the lightning strike she recorded, but it was sure one heck of a night (or morning). Does anybody else remember this thunderstorm? I was in the Brittas Bay Area. Only 11 at the time.

Comments

Advertisement