Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Feedback

• 30-01-2018 7:47pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭

If you have any constructive feedback towards the improvement of the Researcher forum, please post it here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I think we have a good community here, but perhaps lacking in the discussion front.

As in, nobody posts nothin'

I'm not sure how we would stimulate discussion. Maybe a thread on what our research areas are? And what's going on in those areas? I dunno.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

If I recall, you have an interesting research agenda Tom. Do you wish to open a thread to discuss yours, while at the same time asking others to follow you up with theirs? Something like "What's Your Current Research?" or perhaps a more appealing OP title?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Perhaps there might be scope for an AMA (about my research) thread or series of threads? I know of at least one thread featuring a researcher in the AMA forum that got an excellent response.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Kurtosis wrote: »
    Perhaps there might be scope for an AMA (about my research) thread or series of threads? I know of at least one thread featuring a researcher in the AMA forum that got an excellent response.
    Sounds grand Kurtosis. Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭rgossip30

I cannot edit or delete a post with the edit button .Jam using a tablet

• Advertisement

rgossip30 wrote: »
    I cannot edit or delete a post with the edit button .Jam using a tablet
    Please consider asking your question by opening a thread in the Help forum.

Black Swan wrote: »
    Please consider asking your question by opening a thread in the Help forum.
    Help forum link.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭RoamingDoc

We could start a virtual journal club?

Find an open access article, post the DOI, give a few days notice, and then critique it?

Could even do themes! :cool:

RoamingDoc wrote: »
    We could start a virtual journal club?

Find an open access article, post the DOI, give a few days notice, and then critique it?

Could even do themes! :cool:
    Hi RoamingDoc,
    Interesting idea. Would it be a virtual journal for our Science, Health & Environment category, or only for the Researcher forum domain, or for a few of the category forums but not all, or what? Our Researcher forum could host it for starters.

Consider opening a new thread that discusses how this virtual journal club may operate. Perhaps it could have its own charter, etc.? It could evolve over time as it grows. The first step would be to open a new thread here and discuss it with other members. Once the discussion has begun, I could invite mods and members to consider joining in the discussions from all our Science, Health & Environment category forums. If it continues to evolve and show promise, I could request site and other social media announcements.

But we are getting ahead of ourselves. First the new Researcher forum discussion thread should be opened, if you are still interested; and then we will see if your idea appeals to others.

Advertisement