Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭ Kameron Petite Balance

Jameson Black Barrell down to 40. Good saving on a great whiskey
    https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=272228286

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone know with those 10 off 50 Dunnes Vouchers if tesco will take them after the end date of use, say they are valid until 20th oct, tesco take them after that? Need booze !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone know with those 10 off 50 Dunnes Vouchers if tesco will take them after the end date of use, say they are valid until 20th oct, tesco take them after that? Need booze !!

Not if they're expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Just back from Dunnes, the 25% back in club card points is back on until November 4th.

When you buy 6 or more bottles of wine and champagne, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Not if they're expired.

Weird that as they accept them before they become “live” I’ve used them where have been in Dunnes, got voucher that was valid from the next day for a week, and then went to tesco and they took it:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Just back from Dunnes, the 25% back in club card points is back on until November 4th.

When you buy 6 or more bottles of wine and champagne, that is.

Also have the 3-for-50 on selected spirits (not sure when this ends).

• Registered Users Posts: 27,388 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Havana Club Anejo Especial rum down to 24 euros in Supervalu until 1st November.

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/spirits-liqueurs-rum-havana-club-anejo-especial/p-1071511000

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Dunnes Stores have 2x12 500ml Guinness for €30 while the 24 x500ml can 'slab' is €33.
    €8 off voucher when you spend €40 means you get 24 cans for €22.
    92 cents per can.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Are they doing €8 off per €40 spend in certain Dunnes? Our local is 10 off per 50

Stephen's Green is €5 off per €25 but the average spend in there is probably smaller, mostly people on their lunchbreak picking up a few things I suppose.

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Are they doing €8 off per €40 spend in certain Dunnes? Our local is 10 off per 50

Stephen's Green is €5 off per €25 but the average spend in there is probably smaller, mostly people on their lunchbreak picking up a few things I suppose.

The €8 off €40 vouchers are issued randomly at the tills to certain customers, presumably to encourage them to spend more. I've never come across them myself.

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    The €8 off €40 vouchers are issued randomly at the tills to certain customers, presumably to encourage them to spend more. I've never come across them myself.

Are you sure? They were posted out there at the going back to school time I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭Invincible

Are you sure? They were posted out there at the going back to school time I thought.

Quackstar is correct, have received them on consecutive days in different stores for something small 12 & 13€ spends.

Invincible wrote: »
    Quackstar is correct, have received them on consecutive days in different stores for something small 12 & 13€ spends.

I didn't know that. I never got any :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Also have the 3-for-50 on selected spirits (not sure when this ends).

This ended monday even though they were closed monday

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

LIDL
    12x500ml Heineken €15

This ended monday even though they were closed monday

It was available Tue and Wed in Cornelscourt- though the manager implied it was over this week (on Tue). I think it was extended until Wednesday (a lot of their offers were this week- including vouchers due to expire on the Mon and Tue).

Anyhow- its historic now.........

If anyone is looking for Prosecco Rosé - they have it @ 8.50 a bottle.
    25% back when you buy 6.
    So- 51 for 6, 12.75 back in clubcard points, a tenner off when you spend 50- bringing it to 41, less the 12.75 = 28.25 divided by 6 = 4.70 a bottle..........

It was available Tue and Wed in Cornelscourt- though the manager implied it was over this week (on Tue). I think it was extended until Wednesday (a lot of their offers were this week- including vouchers due to expire on the Mon and Tue).

Anyhow- its historic now.........

If anyone is looking for Prosecco Rosé - they have it @ 8.50 a bottle.
    25% back when you buy 6.
    So- 51 for 6, 12.75 back in clubcard points, a tenner off when you spend 50- bringing it to 41, less the 12.75 = 28.25 divided by 6 = 4.70 a bottle..........

I asked in my local Dunnes in Ashleaf on Monday and they said it was over. There were no signs for the offer. The feckers

I asked in my local Dunnes in Ashleaf on Monday and they said it was over. There were no signs for the offer. The feckers

No signs in Cornelscourt either- however, the Manager said it was still on (and gave us a run down on what his new layout is going to be like- as we felt compelled to ask for a map after we got lost in there).

Tesco
    Carling/Molson 24x500ml €20 (you can mix and match)
    Budweiser 24x500ml €25
    Heineken/Guinness/Bulmers/Bulmers Light/Coors 24x500ml €30 (you can mix and match)

Is Molson any good? Great price for a crate, might be worth sampling.

SuperValu
    Guinness/Heineken/Budweiser/Carlsberg 12x500ml €12 (Not sure if this is running or not, site says €12 but also has €16 on the top so not 100% on the offer)

Ad in Sunday World confirms deal is on, Orchard Thieves also included.

• Advertisement

Tesco
    Budweiser 24x500ml €25
    Heineken/Guinness/Bulmers/Bulmers Light/Coors 24x500ml €30 (you can mix and match)

Molsons easy to drink, probably similar to coors light, not very strong tasting

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah if you like Bud or coors light or any of those watery beers you'll like Molson. Most people will tell you it's awful though and I agree....

Supervalu are doing 3 for €9 on McGargle's Fracis' Big Bangin IPA. It's tasty and 7.9% so pretty good value for money too.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

Ringwood brewery 5.1 ale "old thumper" is 2 for €3 in Lidl, was not advertised on the shelf as being on offer. This is a really good ale for this price. Roast beef dinner and a bottle of this stuff will set you up for the week.
    I emptied shelf in castleblayney, sorry neighbors.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco
    I am not a fan, others I know went off it right away too. As you can mix n match I would be getting maybe 6 molson and the rest as carling.

I think both are 4% now, think molson used to be higher. This is one reason why both can be sold a bit cheaper, lower excise and less ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

SuperValu
    Guinness/Heineken/Budweiser/Carlsberg 12x500ml €12 (Not sure if this is running or not, site says €12 but also has €16 on the top so not 100% on the offer)

Ad in Sunday World confirms deal is on, Orchard Thieves also included.

€16 earlier in-store today, not €12.

Tesco
    Budweiser 24x500ml €25

It's cheap for a reason. I have drank it but I can't say I like it. It tastes very watery. Coors light is a million times nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,388 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Totally unscientific I know but sometimes in the office we do drinks, and Molson disappears fairly quickly - as popular as say Carlsberg. Budweiser on the other hand, we can't even give it away...

And totally unrelated question... I thought I saw an ad in newspaper for Tesco, 6 for €50 on bottles of wine but can't remember the dates.
    Anyone know if it's ended or how long it's running for?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

dave_t wrote: »
    €16 earlier in-store today, not €12.

Its €12 today, valid 22nd Oct - 25th Oct 12

(12 cans Carlsberg Supervalu)

Jameson 70cl @ EUR 22 in Eurospar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Fiver off a range of gins in Dunnes again. Includes Dingle, Gunpowder, Hendrick's and Monkey 47 amongst others. Until November 7th.

4x20cl packs of Fever-Tree tonic, 2 for €7 as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement