Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nokia 5 New Battery

Options
  • 06-02-2019 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

I have a Nokia 5 T-A 1024. Have had problems with charging the thing. Refer to previous posts on the matter! :D:o:rolleyes::pac: And it was said to me the other day to get a new Battery for it. Think it has been said before to try new battery but I never got around to it and it went out of my head. Not sure if gonna get a new Phone at the moment, or fix couple of things wrong with this one. I'd love the Nokia 8 but this one not too bad at all. I quite like it.

But am just thinking if I was to get a new Battery for it, - can an average Joe / Josephine take off the Cover and put on the Battery themselves or would it still need to be brought in somewhere to pay for the privilege for an Expert to do it?

Was looking up Ebay but couldn't see any obvious items for Batteries for a Nokia 5. If I was to get a new Battery, can someone link me to the one I would buy on Ebay please and t.i.a.

Also, a Tip! My Phone can easily take up to 24 hours to get to a decent percentage of a charge these days! But I have realized over the past while, - leaving the Phone turned off altogether while charging gets it to a full 100% charge in a couple of hours! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

There may be breakdown videos on youtube showing the difficulty opening up, have a look and then decide if its worthwhile.

Seems to be very little in spare batteries on ebay. Few refurb phones for smaller money. Might be better picking up a new phone?

Advertisement