Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The return of The Den with Ray, Zig zag & Dustin

• 23-09-2020 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

The den is returning November 6th @ 6:30pm on RTE One.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,360 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ray D'arcy can go shi1te, it's Dempsey's Den or nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Wonder if Ray will give out a lengthy “sigh” every 5 minutes, then try get a guest on who’s suffered through some form of horrible tragedy.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ranto_boy

Imagine being an adult and actually watching that. But I've no doubt it'll be a hit. The same lot who love The Toy Show "ironically" will be on it in their droves. And Tiny Toons reboot isn't far off either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

The den is returning November 6th @ 6:30pm on RTE One.

Great. So Wanderly Wagon should be next. Or would Pavee Point object?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Wonder if Ray will give out a lengthy “sigh” every 5 minutes, then try get a guest on who’s suffered through some form of horrible tragedy.
    I just hope that he comments on the fact that he's taller than both Zig and Zag...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

ranto_boy wrote: »
    ......... And Tiny Toons reboot isn't far off either.
    :eek: WHEN??

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I always remember one Halloween in the 80s watching it and Ian used to read out jokes, he started one going "Ok Sean from Ballincolling sent this in, why did the Ethiopian..." and then moved on to the next joke. Ethiopian jokes were popular then due to millions of them starving in a famine at the time. I always wondered how it even got that far from the production team, they must have just opened the letters there and then without screening them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

They better have Draw with Don with some new material. I'm getting tired of having the same old repertoire all these years with all these ****ing owls.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I always remember one Halloween in the 80s watching it and Ian used to read out jokes, he started one going "Ok Sean from Ballincolling sent this in, why did the Ethiopian..." and then moved on to the next joke. Ethiopian jokes were popular then due to millions of them starving in a famine at the time. I always wondered how it even got that far from the production team, they must have just opened the letters there and then without screening them first.

you also got a lot of "11" year olds writing in with dodgy confirmation photos from the 70's

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

hbzz-ted-free-zone-bg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Double O Seven

Dustin is as stale as last weeks bread, I cringe when he comes on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Will Podge and Rodge be disguising themselves and coming in with some evil plan?
    I loved how when he appeared at first Podge would only come to life and talk to Zig when they were alone, really creepy stuff like threatening him and the others wouldn't believe Zig, they thought he was going mad.
    Or the time he pretended to be the health officer and closed down the lad's burger operation.

And throw Ted in, hopefully he'll finally get the better of Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bring back Emma as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

smacks of desperation from RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,031 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is Ray not returning to Saturday night TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

neris wrote: »
    smacks of desperation from RTE.

It's the best idea they've had in years.

Imagine being an adult and actually watching that. But I've no doubt it'll be a hit. The same lot who love The Toy Show "ironically" will be on it in their droves. And Tiny Toons reboot isn't far off either.

Yep. Expect lots of references to Bosco, Cadet Red Lemonade and Italia 90. Gas stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Double O Seven

Is Ray not returning to Saturday night TV?
    He'd hardly be working 7 days a week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Remember they used to have some kind of streetwise Dublin youngfella on? Whotf was he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Remember they used to have some kind of streetwise Dublin youngfella on? Whotf was he?
    Kevo or something? Or am I thinking of something else? I was a bit too old for The Den but saw bits of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

He'll recommend a life of porridge and jogging to Zig and Zag, who will then proceed to box the head off the tedious dullard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Kevo or something? Or am I thinking of something else? I was a bit too old for The Den but saw bits of it.

Strangely enough the first result on Google is this thread
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2055742922

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

He'll recommend a diet of porridge and jogging to Zig and Zag, who will then proceed to box the head off the tedious dullard.

I'm thinking that Fortycoats and Jo Maxi* won't be far behind...

*my claim to televisual fame: I was on Jo Maxi in 1989 aged 14 for about 20 seconds with a few classmates from school, asked about my views of Dublin's modern office buildings. :D

Was never a fan of Bosco - behind the sweet innocent smile was a cocaine addled narcissistic bully...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Didn't Ray Darcy say he'd leave the country if Enda Kenny got voted in? And he never did, did he?

Sounds like RTE have someone with the right level of maturity to host a kids show there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

D'Arcy will find some way to suck the fun out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,707 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Forced fun reboot. Guaranteed shıte.

It was of its time.

Nah the Toy Show is very different, a lot of adults enjoy it because of their kids. I would never watch the Toy Show.

I'll watch this for a laugh but I probably won't hang around. Not sure why you have a hostility about people who'll tune in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Dustin is as stale as last weeks bread, I cringe when he comes on

Dustin was never funny. At least the people voicing Zig and Zag had a bit of a clever subversive humour to them. Dustin was always a tedious take-off of a working class Dublin cheeky chappy and exhibited a cheap mean streak sense of humour, poking fun of people with very little charm.

I think I recall the guy that did Dustin was a relative / mate of one of the Zig and Zag guys and he was handed a job no questions in time-honoured RTE fashion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,924 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is a 56yr old grumpy man the best choice of frontman for this?

Advertisement