Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Boyfriend surprised me with Bruce Springsteen tickets this morning.

Gorgeous autumnal weather.

The way my dog crosses her paws sometimes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,153 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I use the radiotimes tv guide on their website. Wouldn't cover Irish TV though.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Nice crisp morning out today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I thought I had two €50 notes in my wallet this morning but when I went to take one of them out this morning to pay for a coffee I found a third one 🤑

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

17 minutes after emailing Paco Rabanne… I have a courteous, detailed, typed out personalised response…. If a fûcking major international fashion retailer can manage this 17 minutes later, why the sweet jaysus can’t I get a reply from a damn major multinational high street retailer here, over a week later and waiting ….unless as I did ringing them and speak to one of their clueless lobotomised employees….bizarre.

but an impressive response from Rabanne which is my TH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

It hasn't rained in a couple of days. And it's drying up outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Make sure you leave two in your wallet. They might keep breeding 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 40,149 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

my car insurance is due for renewal next week. the renewal quote was a bit steep so i did some shopping around and got a quote that was 130 less. went back to current broker and got them to within 3 euro of the other quote. happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

@Poochie05 : CisanaTV guide , Eyes not a big TV watcher, mind you, but I use it to check movies. Does cover Ireland

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Advertisement

Same here. I especially love watching the FIFA Rage compilations on YouTube. It’s almost therapeutic watching grown men in their 30’s reverting to a primitive destructive Neanderthal rage after conceding a last minute goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,346 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I have a Ryanair flight tomorrow morning and I just checked in online. In the process they try to make you pay to select your seat, threatening you with the dreaded middle seat ... well, i can survive a middle seat for an hour, I'm not paying. So they randomly assigned me a seat, and it's an exit row seat on the aisle: one of the best seats on the plane. I wonder what I did to make Ryanair like me? 😎

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭thomil

Got my Withings thermometer to sync for the first time in over a month. Minor thing, but the the nerd in me is exceedingly happy 😁

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

TTMMH:

In Swords shopping mall this afternoon I got into the men's rest room just before the cleaner cordoned it off for service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

When slightly drunk, that jockeys name is definitely Hairy Skeleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

After putting it off for almost a year, I defrosted the freezer completely and had a very satisfying half-hour scraping the ice from its walls and corners.

I was just in there and seeing the clear space at the top is making me th.

Th2 on this, when I have everything out of it, I could see that I have a lot bought in for special meals and what I should use in the near future, meaning I have more space now as well.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Nope, Ryanair was fine, the plane was already in the air by the scheduled departure time. No thanks to Dublin Express, the bus I wanted was pulling away just as I approached the stop five minutes early. The next one was late, but I had allowed plenty of time, so no biggie.

The weirdness continues, though, since I found out my hotel lied to me. They advertised the room as having only a shower, but the room they gave me has a full bathtub. Water pressure so good that I ran a bath in about 90 seconds. I only have a shower at home, so this is my first full soak in years. That’s right, I’m posting this from the bath on iPad. 🛁

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

I love autumn and winter. Nothing beats a crisp, clear sky on a winters' day, even when it's sunny. Just chilling at home now drinking my tea. 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Went to a new place for coffee. They had a choice of a breakfast burger in a blaa or bacon & sausage in a blaa.

Impossible to decide so had one of each. Delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

My boss texted me last night, to tell me not to come in to work today until the red weather warning was over, which I thought was nice.

What was nicer for me was getting to respond "Eh, I'm off work tomorrow anyway!". 😄 I'd already booked to day off to chill at home, before there was any weather warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭thomil

Geeky happiness moment. Just discovered the reverse wireless charging option on my phone. My smart watch was running low on battery and it's now charging using the wireless coil in my phone! 🤓🤓

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Made the nicest kick ass all day breakfast with Parma ham substituting for regular bacon….the sausages were pretty delicious too, food coma time….now, relaxing with Spotify and the outlines of a cunning plan.

Tearing out a new motor tax disc and making it all the way around without tearing the the disc itself ☺️

Being off on a Friday and on the train to Limerick to see my parents. It’s a great feeling.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Post run coffee.I got drowned here in East Clare, at least the driving rain wasn't too cold.

• Advertisement

A whole avenue of crunchy leaves.

Advertisement