Originally Posted by super saints
Hello All, I have been using a stiff shaft ping G20 for a number of years and thinking of getting a ping G410, I would be very interested in your thoughts....
1) Is the 410 forgiving?? (I play off a solid 14 but every now and then I can be erratic).
2) I hit the ball high to approx 230/240 yards, would the 410 help me hit longer??
3) Planning to use the shot tracker in my local McGuirks (costs €30).......should I buy it there or bring my results to my club where I could buy one off the club pro??because I have a few quid in my club account that I could use.
I would really appreciate your feedback, thanks very much
I got fitted for a Ping G410 about 2 months ago. I had a Titleist 915 D2 before that. Picked up about 8-10 yards I would say, the G410 spins less for me.
If I had been just picking a driver off the shelf I would not have picked the G410, I much prefer the classic look. But I couldn't argue with the results of it.
In answer to your Qs:
1) It's ridiculously forgiving and a great club.
2) Maybe, maybe not. Depends on your current driver and how well suited the G410 is to you, etc.
3) Your choice, but if your club pro can match the price, why not support him?
The only advice I would give you is to go and get fitted for a driver, not specifically for a G410. Try an array of them, including the G410. There may be other drivers better suited to your swing that will perform better for you. Keep an open mind and use the results as a factor in your choice.