Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-06-2019, 22:43   #1
super saints

Should I??? Ping G410 Driver

Hello All, I have been using a stiff shaft ping G20 for a number of years and thinking of getting a ping G410, I would be very interested in your thoughts....

1) Is the 410 forgiving?? (I play off a solid 14 but every now and then I can be erratic).

2) I hit the ball high to approx 230/240 yards, would the 410 help me hit longer??

3) Planning to use the shot tracker in my local McGuirks (costs €30).......should I buy it there or bring my results to my club where I could buy one off the club pro??because I have a few quid in my club account that I could use.

I would really appreciate your feedback, thanks very much
Advertisement
24-06-2019, 09:17   #2
tritriagain

I'm getting my new ping 410 today or tomorrow. I got fitted at a ping day in club and I don't really know if I will gain much distance but was far mor accurate. I got the sftec version. Let u kmow how I get on
I
24-06-2019, 10:04   #3
super saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritriagain View Post
I'm getting my new ping 410 today or tomorrow. I got fitted at a ping day in club and I don't really know if I will gain much distance but was far mor accurate. I got the sftec version. Let u kmow how I get on
I
Please do Tritriagain, I’d be very interested to hear how you get on ðŸ‘ðŸ»
24-06-2019, 13:56   #4
newport2

Quote:
Originally Posted by super saints View Post
Hello All, I have been using a stiff shaft ping G20 for a number of years and thinking of getting a ping G410, I would be very interested in your thoughts....

1) Is the 410 forgiving?? (I play off a solid 14 but every now and then I can be erratic).

2) I hit the ball high to approx 230/240 yards, would the 410 help me hit longer??

3) Planning to use the shot tracker in my local McGuirks (costs €30).......should I buy it there or bring my results to my club where I could buy one off the club pro??because I have a few quid in my club account that I could use.

I would really appreciate your feedback, thanks very much
I got fitted for a Ping G410 about 2 months ago. I had a Titleist 915 D2 before that. Picked up about 8-10 yards I would say, the G410 spins less for me.
If I had been just picking a driver off the shelf I would not have picked the G410, I much prefer the classic look. But I couldn't argue with the results of it.

In answer to your Qs:

1) It's ridiculously forgiving and a great club.

2) Maybe, maybe not. Depends on your current driver and how well suited the G410 is to you, etc.

3) Your choice, but if your club pro can match the price, why not support him?

The only advice I would give you is to go and get fitted for a driver, not specifically for a G410. Try an array of them, including the G410. There may be other drivers better suited to your swing that will perform better for you. Keep an open mind and use the results as a factor in your choice.
24-06-2019, 21:44   #5
super saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by newport2 View Post
I got fitted for a Ping G410 about 2 months ago. I had a Titleist 915 D2 before that. Picked up about 8-10 yards I would say, the G410 spins less for me.
If I had been just picking a driver off the shelf I would not have picked the G410, I much prefer the classic look. But I couldn't argue with the results of it.

In answer to your Qs:

1) It's ridiculously forgiving and a great club.

2) Maybe, maybe not. Depends on your current driver and how well suited the G410 is to you, etc.

3) Your choice, but if your club pro can match the price, why not support him?

The only advice I would give you is to go and get fitted for a driver, not specifically for a G410. Try an array of them, including the G410. There may be other drivers better suited to your swing that will perform better for you. Keep an open mind and use the results as a factor in your choice.
Thanks very much for your sound advice Newport2, I really appreciate it.
Advertisement
24-06-2019, 21:47   #6
lawred2

This isn't helpful but the best decision I ever made was dumping my ping driver... Fair play to you if you can hit a ball with it. Club pro watched me hit ten balls with it and said I'd be best getting rid. He was right. Got fitted for some Taylor Made. Was chalk and cheese from the first ball.

Last edited by lawred2; 24-06-2019 at 22:27.
24-06-2019, 22:02   #7
super saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawred2 View Post
This isn't helpful but the best decision I ever made was dumping my ping driver... Fair play to you if you can hit a ball with it. Club pro watched me hit ten balls with it and said I'd be best getting rid. He was right. Got fitted for some Taylor Made. Was chalk an cheese from the first ball.
Although the 410 is is to the forefront of my mind Lawred2, I’ll definitely keep an open mind on what suits me best ðŸ‘ðŸ»
24-06-2019, 22:08   #8
ligerdub

I've heard great things about the Cobra F9 Speedback. It's also at a cheaper price point than most of the other newest generation drivers.
24-06-2019, 22:47   #9
morrga

I got the G410 back in March. First time getting a Ping driver and I don’t think I will ever hit any other brand of driver now after what I have seen so far. Easily gained 20 yards off the tee and forgiveness is great. The ability to adjust the face for draw, fade or neutral was a real bonus too as it wasn’t available in other Ping Models. Driving was my Achilles heel, not so any more.

You won’t regret getting it if my own experiences are anything to go by.
Advertisement
24-06-2019, 22:52   #10
super saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by ligerdub View Post
I've heard great things about the Cobra F9 Speedback. It's also at a cheaper price point than most of the other newest generation drivers.
Thanks Ligerdub
24-06-2019, 22:58   #11
super saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrga View Post
I got the G410 back in March. First time getting a Ping driver and I don’t think I will ever hit any other brand of driver now after what I have seen so far. Easily gained 20 yards off the tee and forgiveness is great. The ability to adjust the face for draw, fade or neutral was a real bonus too as it wasn’t available in other Ping Models. Driving was my Achilles heel, not so any more.

You won’t regret getting it if my own experiences are anything to go by.
That’s some recommendation Morrga, just a matter of interest how long were your drives before you got the 410??
25-06-2019, 10:05   #12
morrga

Quote:
Originally Posted by super saints View Post
That’s some recommendation Morrga, just a matter of interest how long were your drives before you got the 410??
240 with a Nike Vapor Fly. Now easily 260.
25-06-2019, 13:57   #13
davegilly

Is the shaft not more important than any club head seeing as this is the main component (outside of our swing) which delivers the club to the ball?

Realistically, if all the various heads from different manufacturers were fitted to a robot with the same shaft I doubt you would see much if any real difference?

Also, for the average handicapper it's pretty much impossible to deliver the club to the ball the same way every time. So how can you fit anyone with this kind of inconsistency?

I'd love to think that fitting of a golf club makes sense and can improve someone's game but I've come to the conclusion that it's purely marketing drivel. Even the "YouTube pros" have started to have a giggle at the while fitting process from time to time.
25-06-2019, 15:53   #14
dan_ep82

Head has more effect by a long shot. All the studies and tests show this.

When your loft,face angle and spin is coming from the head of the driver it has to have the most effect.
25-06-2019, 16:23   #15
MarioLuigi

Honestly don't get the appeal of spending €400+ on a driver. I bought a Titleist 913D2 second hand off Adverts a few years ago for 100 quid and it seems to work fine for me!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion