Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Black Stone Cherry

Options
  • 17-06-2019 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Playing the Academy in a few weeks

Anyone seen them before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Playing the Academy in a few weeks

Anyone seen them before?

Yes heaps, they've been fairly consistent with coming to Ireland it has to be said. Always a top notch performance.

They actually have a thread here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057534971&page=4

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Yeah they always put on a good show, saw them last year so I think I'll leave this time, I've a few trips to Dublin planned for later in the year, if they were playing close to me I'd jump at the chance to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Saw them a couple of times, including the gig in Whelans, but haven't been to the last couple of gigs they've done here so I might pop along to this. Think I have Jon Lawhon's pick from the last gig of theirs I was at, actually....

Dunno where main thread went...

...anyway a pre-order site for the upcoming album seems to have leaked that they will be doing dates in the UK and Ireland in Sept & Oct.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The main thread is near the bottom of the first page.

The new songs haven't grabbed me so far, it's 5 years since I last seen them, probably will go along, they did an arena tour in England a few months ago, probably will be Academy again.

• Advertisement

Ah thanks, the search on mobile led me here and the link I posted in here was broken.

Yeah the newer stuff has been varying degrees of diminishing returns sadly.

Can't see them straying from the Academy here, Olympia at a push perhaps if they had relatively known support.

So surprisingly enough it is The Academy, it says intimate I wonder will they do what Halestorm did a while ago, and do a few acoustic songs before a full electric set.

New track released today, better than the other two songs they put out.

Annoying the gig is clashing with Muse, the difference in ticket prices make it an easy decision though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Prefer BSC in a smaller venue. Saw them in The Pavillion, Cork and it was like watching them in a kitchen. Great night.

Have seen them in Academy a couple of times and Belfast too and the smaller venues are always better gigs. Looking forward to this one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Late notice but just received word that my Mrs has to work late tonight. So I have a free ticket for BSC in the Academy tonight if anyone wants to take it.

It's one of those barcode tickets that won't screenshot so would have to meet beforehand and scan it at the door. If anyone wants it and fancies a pre gig pint, even better.

• Advertisement

Was a very enjoyable gig, didn't know there would be support, Rews were very good, thought they would do more off the new album, seemed to be mostly the first few albums which I'm alright with, great energy and probably the most I've enjoyed one of their gigs.

40 euro for a t-shirt is taking the piss though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

First BSC Dublin gig I've missed, had to travel to Wales early Thurs morning for me dad's funeral, sat on the boat, who's on it but the band and crew, had a great chat with Chris and Ben.

Told them we were playing 'Things my father Said' at funeral, mad how little things help

Sorry to hear Scud, ya 'Things...' they never seem to play here it's one of my friends bugbear.

Assume it was just put out as evening with for the non Irish shows with no support as it was a standard show by all means.

Rews not really my thing but was honest and infectious hard to fault caught them previously in same venue with The Darkness.

Agree with SYN could be best here or at least since the Magic Mountain tour. Can't get over how good 'Again' was, a surprise highlight tbh.

Was looking through old setlists they did here and they only did TMFS in 2011, I don't remember that, I remember them doing Get Up, Stand Up though.

It did seem like a standard show (Not complaining) I liked The Rambler, would have loved if they did The Bitter End, When the Wait Comes Down or In Love With the Pain, it was brilliant when they did Tired of the Rain a few years ago, Me and Mary Jane and Blame It On the Boom Boom are terrible songs, wouldn't have missed them at all.

Was listening to the new album, it seems to be a continuation of the last one, some decent tunes on it.

Just found this on YouTube, Chris with Sophie Lloyd, the guitar solo is more widdly than you'd expect with BSC, but it sounds very like them.

Advertisement