Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Longshotvalue @ Royal Ascot

Options
  • 12-06-2019 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Royal Ascot Max Bet.

Capri is confirmed runner in the Gold Cup, he is huge value to improve for this years runs and goes of about 6/1. #wheelbarrowtime

3 points ew 20/1 paddy/Betfair/hills

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Load the wheelbarrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

What's your reasoning behind it Aidan?

Like him as an ew chance myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Andrew00 wrote: »
    What's your reasoning behind it Aidan?

Like him as an ew chance myself

The best 20/1 shot of the flat season . 100% to improve and a proper group 1 horse trained to the minute for this race, by a trainer who knows what’s required .

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

Was actually looking at the race earlier. Would agree he seems a likely contender to shorten. 6/1 is a bit of a stretch though considering that their number 1 is likely Kew Gardens. Maybe like 12-14/1 I was thinking if all the ones ahead of him line up.

I have my doubts he will stay 2 and a half miles myself but best of luck with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Aidan I think your great and I am not trying to be poxy, but I think Capri is phucked. He doesn't fit the profile of a Coolmore improver at all. On the contrary he has ran like a pig the last few runs, hasn't won a G1 in nearly 2 years. He will turn out to be simply regressive, he reminds me of Treasure Beach from a few years ago. When they go wrong they go wrong. I reckon only about 1 in 10 can come back from injuries/niggles successfully, they are not machines.

Apart from that good luck with it.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Stradivarius wins
    its quite simple really

Stradivarius 6/4
    Battash 2/1

bombproof double

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Aidan I think your great and I am not trying to be poxy, but I think Capri is phucked. He doesn't fit the profile of a Coolmore improver at all. On the contrary he has ran like a pig the last few runs, hasn't won a G1 in nearly 2 years. He will turn out to be simply regressive, he reminds me of Treasure Beach from a few years ago. When they go wrong they go wrong. I reckon only about 1 in 10 can come back from injuries/niggles successfully, they are not machines.

Apart from that good luck with it.:)

Could be but we’re getting value to find out . His 5th in the arc last year after an interupped prep would be close to enough in this , if he stays . His prep this year seems to have been setup for this target .

Hoping I can fly will step up to 10f here but the 1 mile race look easier .

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

Was actually looking at the race earlier. Would agree he seems a likely contender to shorten. 6/1 is a bit of a stretch though considering that their number 1 is likely Kew Gardens. Maybe like 12-14/1 I was thinking if all the ones ahead of him line up.

I have my doubts he will stay 2 and a half miles myself but best of luck with it.

Kew Gardens not more likely for the Hardwicke? They don't usually use the Coronation Cup as a route to Ascot GC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

elderberry wrote: »
    Kew Gardens not more likely for the Hardwicke? They don't usually use the Coronation Cup as a route to Ascot GC

AOB said Gold Cup on ATR stable tour yesterday.

Thoughts on Zhui Feng at 33/1 for the Hunt Cup?

Hope he’s that on the day 6 places

• Advertisement

madmoose wrote: »
    Thoughts on Zhui Feng at 33/1 for the Hunt Cup?

Hope he’s that on the day 6 places

He certainly owes me nothing , got up a 1-2 for me one year at a huge price .( back in the days I could pick a winner)

Will be compedative for sure .

aidankkk wrote: »
    He certainly owes me nothing , got up a 1-2 for me one year at a huge price .( back in the days I could pick a winner)

Will be compedative for sure .

Yeah i recall that in 2017 at Ascot at another meeting. Time be time to get him again at the odds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

elderberry wrote: »

He will have a G1 penalty in the Hardwicke?

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    He will have a G1 penalty in the Hardwicke?

No penalties in the Hardwicke. Hadn't seen that ATR update and it also seems AOB said in May that Southern France could be the Hardwicke horse

Preview podcast on the way today . Some big priced fancies .

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Stradivarius wins
    its quite simple really

Stradivarius 6/4
    Battash 2/1

bombproof double

both lose

Royal Ascot Max Bet.

Capri is confirmed runner in the Gold Cup, he is huge value to improve for this years runs and goes of about 6/1. #wheelbarrowtime

3 points ew 20/1 paddy/Betfair/hills

Apparently Kew Gardens not running in Gold Cup (Hopefully because they have the winner already)

Apparently Kew Gardens not running in Gold Cup (Hopefully because they have the winner already)

KG not declared (not sure of reason). Ballydoyle trio are Flag of Honour (Ryan), Capri (Donnacha) & Cypress Creek (Seamie)

Advertisement