Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The death of Rebecca Zahau

• 08-06-2019 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Rebecca_Zahau

I'm really interested to know what other people make of this one. I've always thought that there's no way that this could be suicide, it's just far too elaborate and lots of the details around how Rebecca died make no sense in the context of a suicide (for example, her hands and feet being bound, a t-shirt gagging her, the fact that she was naked), but the circumstances around the death of her stepson and her possibly feeling guilty about that as it happened under her supervision might have led to her having some sort of breakdown.

The so-called suicide note is absolutely bizarre too, reportedly she used black paint to spell out "she saved him, can he save her?"

So much of Adam's behaviour is strange and doesn't fit in with what you would expect, after supposedly finding her body he called 911 but texted his brother with the news that his girlfriend had hung herself. He was found guilty in a civil suit taken by Rebecca's family (https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-investigations/2018/04/04/rebecca-zahau-verdict-adam-shacknai-responsible-coronado-mansion-death/486598002/) but the police have declined to file criminal charges against him and the official stance is that her death was by suicide.

I read somewhere (and can't for the life of me remember where!) that Adam claimed he cut Rebecca's body down when he found her, so even his claim that he had found her hanging couldn't be verified by a third party.

Advertisement