Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

changing college

• 29-03-2019 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

im nearly finished first year of mechanical engineering in carlow. I am considering a move to DIT for 2nd year on.

has anyone here ever changed college during there degree?

anyone do mech engineering in DIT? what was your experience like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I know a few people who changed courses and even colleges. None of them expressed regrets to me, at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I don't know what it's like for your college and course but there's usually a cut off point for applications to transfer.

You need to look into that ASAP in case it's soon or you've missed it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ManÓg84

Changed colleges myself however at 3rd yr going to 4th yr. make contact with the relevant school and or seek a meeting with head of department is my advice or head of admissions may give you direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

When I was in college many years ago lots of people transferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Mandzhalas

I am graduating in mechanical from it carlow this year. Its great college, i feel well prepared for industry and most of people allready have secured jobs before graduating.
    In my experience employers dont care were you studied, its more about your potential

• Advertisement
Advertisement