Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

All online for anyone interested in that sorta thing. Doesn't give much away after a quick glance

https://dlrcoco.citizenspace.com/planning/outdoorconcerts2019/supporting_documents/Draft%20Management%20Plan.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

**** it, we'll find out in, what, four and a half days?

cjdennis29 wrote: »
    **** it, we'll find out in, what, four and a half days?

Ah yeah and the line up too, hasn't stopped speculation sure :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

If that is true they would have been better announcing it before ATN did their line up announcement or wait to launch it for next year.

Id love to see something more on the rockier side (not Download style) where the we get the likes of Strokes,Weezer,Franz Ferdinand etc

Funny you mention the Strokes. I was listening to the them the other day and I was thinking they’d be a good shout for EP. Looked st their schedule and they are touring. They’re playing festivals in the UK, Spain and France through the summer. So they could play EP or the new summer festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

MJohnston wrote: »
    Couldn't be:

"The stunning location of this new festival has never before been used"

Whereas Dun Laoghaire harbour definitely has been. Unless they're being really sneaky and meaning the East or West piers, but then I can't even imagine how they'd fit anything worthwhile onto either of those (and not have it be a health and safety nightmare).

Could be St Anne's Clontarf? They have licence pending for 3 nights in June, Chic gig already announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

sassyj wrote: »
    Could be St Anne's Clontarf? They have licence pending for 3 nights in June, Chic gig already announced

The other two nights are kodaline

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

The other two nights are kodaline

The poor locals, all the huns will be out for that 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Definitely going to be in Curraghchase in Limerick, Aphex Twin to headline as a homecoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Poorside wrote: »
    Definitely going to be in Curraghchase in Limerick, Aphex Twin to headline as a homecoming.

Bump Musick Festival, I can't remember the order of the years but it was either 2010 and 2011 or 2011 and 2012, but a bunch of DJs from Limerick held a dance music festival with camping at the landscape gardens, Clonlara County Clare 30 kms from Limerick, I worked the 2011 year there and could make a nice site for another event.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

endainoz wrote: »
    I may or may not have some insider info on this one. AMP are looking to do a festival in Ireland this summer and was approached about hosting it on my farm last September.

Ultimately they didn't go any further with me unfortunately, but they had two other venues in mind, one was Ennis and the other was Westport.

This may not be related at all but it could be!

How did they contact you and why your place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭endainoz

bigpink wrote:
    How did they contact you and why your place?

They contacted me through email. I think it was late 2017, an email went around to some tourism businesses in Clare and one of them brought it to my attention. I decided to throw my hat in and pretty much forgot about it.

Then last September, literally the Monday morning after EP when we were getting gathered to go to face the depression they emailed me back and we explored the idea further.

The answer to why my place is quite simple, we hosted the Lisdoonvarna festival here from 1979 to 1983 and the huge history was very significant to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

You would have to assume it's that one in Dun Laoghaire then, but why would they say it's in a location that has never been used before when Beatyard have been using the same location for the past couple of years?

Because it probably isn't the one in Dun Laoghaire?! I wonder would this be an announcement for something in 2020, it really seems like too short of a time frame. But if that were the case why announce anything? It's all very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭corm500

Because it probably isn't the one in Dun Laoghaire?! I wonder would this be an announcement for something in 2020, it really seems like too short of a time frame. But if that were the case why announce anything? It's all very confusing.

The press release stated it was taking place this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

isn't there some other non-music festival that takes place on the June bank holiday weekend too? Bloom or some food thing? if it's Madness headlining (or maybe just playing?) one of the days, it'd seem more like a "grown-up" event, which is strange timing, especially with Chic playing in St. Annes Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I recently just finished up a music industry course and one of the people on one of the industry panels was a Booker for MCD who said that they are looking into starting a new festival that will be more on the indie/alternative side of things.

It was going to happen this summer but the headline act they wanted wasn't touring until next summer so if everything lines up we could have a new festival in 2020.

isn't there some other non-music festival that takes place on the June bank holiday weekend too? Bloom or some food thing? .

Bloom is the massive gardening and food show they have in phoneix park. Youbloom is the music festival that have a stage at Bloom in the park and they also have a number of gigs in Dublin city centre aswell as industry talks but it's more for small,unsigned bands. I think it's end of May/Start of June this year

I recently just finished up a music industry course and one of the people on one of the industry panels was a Booker for MCD who said that they are looking into starting a new festival that will be more on the indie/alternative side of things.

Out of interest, what's the name of the course? I'm doing an online one myself at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Eod100 wrote: »
    corm500 wrote: »
    Got an invite to the launch on Wednesday, interestingly it states "Line up for Electric Picnic 2019 revealed PLUS a brand new summer festival!!!

Interesting, wonder will they be going for the gap in the market for an Oxegen style festival with a new festival. Or set up a new smaller festival to rival All Together Now.
    corm500 wrote: »
    Got an invite to the launch on Wednesday, interestingly it states "Line up for Electric Picnic 2019 revealed PLUS a brand new summer festival!!!

Interesting, wonder will they be going for the gap in the market for an Oxegen style festival with a new festival. Or set up a new smaller festival to rival All Together Now.

EP is oxegen. ATN is what EP originally was.

Out of interest, what's the name of the course? I'm doing an online one myself at the moment.

It was a course run by First music contact in the Dublin city council offices. It was about starting your own music business course. It just finished up afew weeks ago.

What course you doing?

Drop me a pm if I can help you out any way :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

They contacted me through email. I think it was late 2017, an email went around to some tourism businesses in Clare and one of them brought it to my attention. I decided to throw my hat in and pretty much forgot about it.

Then last September, literally the Monday morning after EP when we were getting gathered to go to face the depression they emailed me back and we explored the idea further.

The answer to why my place is quite simple, we hosted the Lisdoonvarna festival here from 1979 to 1983 and the huge history was very significant to them.

Oh cool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Hoboo wrote: »
    EP is oxegen. ATN is what EP originally was.

EP is nothing like it. Longitude I guess is the closest to it now if you were to compare

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Rfrip wrote:
    EP is nothing like it. Longitude I guess is the closest to it now if you were to compare

Realistically there is nothing like Witness/Oxygen in Ireland at the moment.

bigpink wrote:
    Oh cool

It would have been if they went any further with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

"The stunning location of this new festival – brought to you by the Electric Picnic family - has never before been used"

So Beatyard has used the carpark in Dun Laoighre , therefore my guess is its not going to be in car park in Dun Laoighre.

We'll just have to wait and see. But as we've seen with the emergence on ATN its festivals run by the smaller promotors that are gonna struggle the most, not Benn or POD.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

Mr.S wrote: »
    The license application for a 8k event at Dún Laoghaire Pier has to be this though, doesn't it? But trying to figure out where they could fit that if it's not using the Beat Yard location :confused:

Though, would you really describe DL Pier as 'stunning'? Only a few more sleeps anyway :)

Ah, a lovely day with a Teddy’s in hand it’s great

Mr.S wrote: »
    The license application for a 8k event at Dún Laoghaire Pier has to be this though, doesn't it? But trying to figure out where they could fit that if it's not using the Beat Yard location :confused:

Though, would you really describe DL Pier as 'stunning'? Only a few more sleeps anyway :)

Might not be. Could just be a coincidence. The DL June bank hol one is the one Madness are due to play yeah? Could just be another gig either side of that each night then?

Maybe EP's new festival is one sometime else and different part of the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I had my first festival experience on your farm in 1981. John Martyn was epic. Went again in 1982. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Might not be. Could just be a coincidence. The DL June bank hol one is the one Madness are due to play yeah? Could just be another gig either side of that each night then?

Maybe EP's new festival is one sometime else and different part of the country?

I saw another gig that was announced for that weekend though I can't remember the artist now.

I think it's the case that there's 3 one off gigs with support for that weekend in dun laoghaire.

I think the new festival will be somewhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I saw another gig that was announced for that weekend though I can't remember the artist now.

I think it's the case that there's 3 one off gigs with support for that weekend in dun laoghaire.

I think the new festival will be somewhere else.

Chic & Nile Rogers? They are that weekend but they are playing in St. Annes Park.

Advertisement