Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-06-2019, 18:12   #46
baby and crumble

Honestly, the main things you need to have for a fairly traditional wedding ceremony & reception are;

Outfits - for the wedding party
Someone to marry you (church, priest etc)
Someone to take photos
Made decisions about readings/prayer/hymns/what have you
Transport to/from church and reception for bridal party members
Cake
Dinner in the hotel & evening food (don't skimp on food it's the main thing people remember!)
Flowers
Band/DJ.

Most reception places will have a timeline they suggest to couples, so just go with the flow that they're used to. They've done all this million times before.
Advertisement
16-06-2019, 18:25   #47
MissShihTzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach30 View Post
Just to update... to date I still dislike planning and looking things up but I’m slowly getting around to things!

I definitely don’t find it fun and having a bridesmaid who is older and has totally different ideas to me doesn’t help. I actually find it v lonely when those around me aren't v excited about it - it’s hard to get my family excited about things they never really ask about plans and it puts me off looking things up as I don’t have anyone to discuss it with.

Currently sorting out our finances and as my fiancée and I don’t live together we are finding it difficult to sort out payment. He doesn’t receive a regular wage so has been paying off the big stuff like hotel.

Any advice on financing a wedding would be appreciated.
I used to work as a wedding co-ordinator. If you want to know about stress, try running other people's weddings as well as trying to organise your own from London!!

In all seriousness - start a spreadsheet and put all your expenses on it. Everything from hotel, rings, flowers - put in a budget, expected & actual costs. Makes everything much easier to track.

Feel free to PM me if you need help with suppliers, etc.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion