Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hip Hop Releases 2019

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Tyler, The Creator released IGOR today.
    It's not exactly a rap album, there is limited rapping on it. But, it's pretty damn good after 1 listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Tyler, The Creator released IGOR today.
    It's not exactly a rap album, there is limited rapping on it. But, it's pretty damn good after 1 listen.

Yeah had a quick listen through it this morning and thought it was good. Pharrell vibes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Wu Tang Clan: Of Mics and Men
    There is a 4 part documentary from the Wu which is excellent. I'd highly recommend watching. There is footage from when they are starting out up to present day. It covers how they got together, how they 'split', ODB, the Cilvaringz album.
    I was hooked while watching it.

There was also as EP release to accompany it, need to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm not coming across a lot of quality new hip hop but Sadistik's - Haunted Gardens has been on repeat in my car bar the first song on the album. Absolutely classic. Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 3 was a big letdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭VW 1

Haven't yet listened to Tyler the Creator's new album but it got a decent review on Pitchfork, I plan to give it a spin on the commute home

• Advertisement

Enjoyed IGOR, very different to Flowerboy. Some songs sound futuristic and other worldly in terms of production, reminded me of Yeezus at times. Then some songs were a lot softer, but at the same time Tyler sounded aggressive at times and went thru a range of emotions. Good album, more layers to it for sure that I didn't catch on the first listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

VW 1 wrote: »
    Haven't yet listened to Tyler the Creator's new album but it got a decent review on Pitchfork, I plan to give it a spin on the commute home

pharrell the creator

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

YGs new song is poor

He's an album out soon called 4Real 4Real. Hopefully it's not as bad as Stay Dangerous

I was somewhat wrong. It's getting decent reviews.

Apparently he has some nice send offs for Nipsey Hussle

Review below;

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/yg-4real-4real/

Gonna pick it up tonight for a listen

• Advertisement

The new Flying Lotus album is top notch. Very impressed with it.

New Chance and Ed Sheeran song is pants.

New song from Joyner Lucas and Logic is fairly decent, the beat may get a bit repetitive.

Is he working on an album for a while now? Or delayed or something.

There was big talk of him after his impressive feature in Slim Shadys album last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Anything by DJ Khalid - just don't bother.
    What a f'in waste of space.
    The end

I've heard on the Joe Budden podcast that the new Jim Jones album is supposed to be ace.
    But, I've never been a Cam/Diplomats/Jones fan, I just never really got the music. The guys on the podcast are big fans and highly regard it.

They played some snippets, and it sounded good. I'm going to listen off the back of that.

New from Mr Muthfukin eXquire

Nas has announced The Lost Tapes 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Nas has announced The Lost Tapes 2

Wonder what period of his career the material is from.

The good thing about the first one was it didn't sound like a collection of unrelated, unreleased songs. In fact it might be his most cohesive album after Illmatic.

Wonder what period of his career the material is from.

The good thing about the first one was it didn't sound like a collection of unrelated, unreleased songs. In fact it might be his most cohesive album after Illmatic.

I heard someone say in a podcast that it's probably the album that he was recording when got side tracked by the Kanye album.
    I don't think that it's necessarily going to be older vintage Nas stuff.
    But there was talk of recording an album with Swizz Beats around that time, so could see some of that.

Anyone listened to Chase by Aaron May? Young rapper from Texas, very easy to listen to and really smooth flow. Reminded me a lot of J.Cole if I'm honest, definitely one to watch.

• Advertisement

Anyone listened to Chase by Aaron May? Young rapper from Texas, very easy to listen to and really smooth flow. Reminded me a lot of J.Cole if I'm honest, definitely one to watch.
    Just looking for something to listen to so I've put this on. It better be good :)

Even if you think it's terrible, it's a short album at least :D

On the 6th track now, it's not a bad listen at all.

Anyone disappointed with this years releases so far? Just a general question.

Anyone disappointed with this years releases so far? Just a general question.

Yes, in general. Haven't been many big releases from big artists at all. Still no whispers on Kendrick putting something out?

It's a slow year alright.

Hopefully 96 Mentality by Zilla Rocca can save it. Listening to it now after finishing the Chase album.

Freddie Gibbs x Madlib x Anderson .Paak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭waynescales1

I heard someone say in a podcast that it's probably the album that he was recording when got side tracked by the Kanye album.
    I don't think that it's necessarily going to be older vintage Nas stuff.
    But there was talk of recording an album with Swizz Beats around that time, so could see some of that.

Disappointing, won't be going near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

I've had two Aaron May tracks in my playlists the last few months. 'Let Go' & 'Ride', he is quality and only 17 years old. I got the J.Cole vibes from him too.

• Advertisement

Mc Eiht just released a track with the rapper from Cork trigger!

Advertisement