Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round? - 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

Mixed bag at the weekend (81 off 10). I did manage my best ever stretch of holes, 4 birdies in 5 holes including a 5 inch tap in on a par 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

39 points in Mahonys Point in terrible weather and sanded greens today. Kileen was closed which was unfortunate. Tees were fairly far back aswell.
    Played pretty decent apart from a few silly swings.

More inland wasnt so bad but the back 9 nearer the lake the wind was very strong, went from 220-250yd drives to 180yds. Punched a 4i as good as I could into 16 and it only went 145yds with a big elevation drop!

18. 160 to the front of the green, 185 to flag.Sweet jesus the wind, couldn't tee it up as it kept knocking the ball over. After waiting a minute for it to calm down ( it didnt) took a swipe at it with the 3i and spun it up into the water (same ball for 3 rounds!)

Pissed off at this stage as I knew I had a decent score going. Decided to hit again from the tee and ripped the 3 iron and .... made the front ,then made the massive putt to make bogey. Crowd behind wondering what kinda of ejit I was celebrating a bogey.

Got a call today aswell from Luttrellstown, first place and a four ball voucher are mine for the 41pts

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

pakman wrote: »
    Cheers. No was a non-qualifier unfortunately. Would love to get below 18 and that would have done it I think. I'll just have to do it again I suppose :)
    Any idea when qualifying starts again in Kilcock?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭pakman

davegilly wrote: »
    Any idea when qualifying starts again in Kilcock?

I can only assume they are waiting on decent weather. I thought after Captains Drive-in and return to 18 hole comps it might but still showing NQ on masterscoreboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

pakman wrote: »
    I can only assume they are waiting on decent weather. I thought after Captains Drive-in and return to 18 hole comps it might but still showing NQ on masterscoreboard.

As long as you're lifting the ball in the rough it will be NQ. Placing on fairways is fine for qualifying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

On an alright run at the moment. Had a crap game, then played South East league for the Purcell team and got nice win there (at home vs Mitchelstown). Then a 34 points last week, with a few calamities in the round.

On to today, lost a pro v1 on the first drive, at least it picked up, although only 17 on front 9. Back 9 was great though, 23 points, only 2 bogies to go with 7 pars. So now that that's my good round of the year in the bag, I look forward to going back to despair

Edit: the best part of the round was my playing partners eagle. 2 nice shots and then a perfect little chip that had the perfect pace. Flag being in made no difference it was that good

1st medal of the year yesterdayas well as first qualifying comp. I've never managed to break par in a medal in my home club, but have been playing very steady golf for the last few weeks so was feeling OK about things.

Ended up shooting 82 off 12 for net 70. CSS came in at 1 over so ended up getting a 0.6 cut & back down to 11.0

1 birdie
    9 pars
    5 bogeys
    3 doubles

The doubles were disappointing. 1st on our index 1 3rd. Was playing long. Its normally downwind, but was playing into it, so played it as a 3 shot hole, but made a poor 3-putt, missing about a 2ft putt for bogey.

Second was on our 14th. Took on a way too ambitious 2nd shot trying to draw a ball around a tree with a hybrid when a sensible mid iron would have gotten me in range of a pitch & putt.

Third was on the 18th, a par 5. Trying to play a cut in with my third, but hit the ball completely straight & ended up under some heavy greenside trees.

In between all of that I played some really nice golf & generally putted very well. Chipping improved compared to my recent rounds. Knocked down 2 drives, but recovered very well from both & made bogeys.

So a nice start to the 2019 qualifying season. Hopefully a good sign for what's due to come!

Won my class too, which is a nice bonus (though had no change in my wallet so didn't enter the 2s & typically enough my birdie was a 2 :()

Played Sat and Sunday.

Off the backs both days.

32 16/16 with nothing great in it, missed slot of putts. Driving again cost me a lot of shots.

37 15/22
    Driving cost me again. Irons were mediocre but chipping was very good. Into a strong wind on 15 so even with one of the good drives of the day I still had 210 to the flag. 3w to pin high and that rolled out to 10ft. Lipped for birdie.

Playing lesson Wednesday followed by a full lesson Saturday to work on whatever he sees.

Happy with how the work is going so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭benny79

A Crap 24 points yesterday scratched the first 2 holes after 2 great drives and lost the head a bit! worse score since joining my new club! My chipping and putting was shocking lack of practise is showing on this plus greens being pole folked didnt help..On the plus side was smashing my Driver again which I was chuffed about as have being really struggling with it the last few months.. Just found something and it clicked..

Was such a nice day we decided to play another 9 after are round and I was much better practised a bit of chipping too. So hopefully my swing keeps up because my contact is sweet good to see my lessons paying off..

Think I need a few practise rounds instead of just playing comps all the time..

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

32 points on saturday and sunday. both +10

Drove the ball very well on saturday but my chipping was off so a lot of bogeys
    Drove the ball awful on sunday but my chipping/putting was much better. Holed a lot of putts from 6 to 10 feet but majority of those were for bogey again. Had my first 4 pointer in a long while.

Funny old game.

Winter tees are out of play so scores have came down but still placing everywhere.

• Advertisement

33 14/19 off 23 on Sunday first qualifier in new home club so was delighted to be in buffer after a few poor rounds. Strange day in terms of consistency, driving started of poorly enough pushing drives to the right but irons were saving me and putting was poor with 4 3 putts. Middle of round had 4 pars in 5 holes and then finished driving well but started thinking irons but putting saved me.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

26 points Sunday. Embarrassing

idle wrote: »
    26 points Sunday. Embarrassing

Could always be worse, seen this in the results for the last medal. I'm more impressed he never gave up, stronger stuff than me.

7w0KSFO.png

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Could always be worse, seen this in the results for the last medal. I'm more impressed he never gave up, stronger stuff than me.

7w0KSFO.png

off 12 aswell, not some new fella just learning the game

*must be a joke surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    7w0KSFO.png

Too symmetric a straight +5 on each hole. Doesn't look like a real result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭benny79

RoadRunner wrote: »

Well spotted!

I thought the same with the score although I'm sure he was the group two in front of me that day.playing partners might have agreed to cut off after 5 shots to keep pace.

I seen two or three tops off the tee and a similar story from the fairway and that was just the odd shot I seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭paulos53

The new rules allow for "Maximum Score" strokeplay events. e.g. 5 over par per hole.
    He possibly didn't return his card and the computer gave him the max score on each hole instead of NR

paulos53 wrote: »
    The new rules allow for "Maximum Score" strokeplay events. e.g. 5 over par per hole.
    He possibly didn't return his card and the computer gave him the max score on each hole instead of NR

Our system would have just had him as DQ if it was the case.

RoadRunner wrote: »

Handicap of 12.4 too...someone looking for the 0.1 to get back out to 13 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Played first 18 holes of the season last weekend. Had 40 points (playing off 18), very happy to see the winters work paying off, unfortunately non qualifying as we were clean and drop still.

Still felt I left shots out there, so hopeful the handicap will start coming down this year. First qualifying round this weekend, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Shot a 69 at the weekend on a Monthly Medal (course par 71).

It was lift, clean and place on the fairways. Can we not get cut for that? Happy days if so!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭KevH1984

Long time lurker, thought I'd join in.

First qualifying competition at the weekend for ourselves. Had 41 points off 6, won the gross for the first time which I'm delighted with. 4 bogeys, 3 birdies (a 2 included $$$$) and 11 pars, very solid stuff and nothing wild which is a rarity for me. Still room for improvement and hopefully not my good round out of the way for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

callaway92 wrote: »

It was lift, clean and place on the fairways. Can we not get cut for that? Happy days if so!

Could be qualifying if clean and place on fairways only. Check your golfnet

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

37 points today off 20. Highest score ever, previous was 33 so delighted with this. Putting and chipping was immaculate for a change. Left plenty behind me but got a few lucky bounces as well so all evened out I suppose.

Not sure if I'll get cut for this, hopefully I will but as it was an open comp away from home course I'll have to wait a few days to find out.

Birdies - 0
    Pars - 8
    Bogeys - 4
    Doubles - 3
    Trebles - 3
    Worse - 0

35 Pts
    15/20

Had a playing lesson last night so still working things out and get the swing changes to feel more natural. At the minute it's very much a proccess to hit the ball rather than just hitting it. Playing Saturday and will get some time on the range before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

callaway92 wrote: »

Yes that is qualifying.

29 points

9 pars
    6 bogeys
    2 doubles (both had plugged ball in bunker)
    1 treble (put 1st OOB)

Had a 7 hole stretch around the turn that i played +1.

31 points

1 birdie
    7 pars
    8 bogeys
    2 doubles

played back 9 in +1 and had a look at 3 other birdies!

two 3 putts on front nine with other mistakes.

• Advertisement

32 points at the weekend in tough enough conditions. Strong South-easterly wind blowing in. Whenever the wind is blowing anything other than the prevailing, scores do tend to drop in my place. With soft conditions, and little run, a lot of the members struggle for distance.

CSS came in at 74, so hit my buffer.

Was pretty disappointed with some of how I played, in particular my putting. Had a look at my stats, and it was my worst putting performance since July of last year (in terms of total putts). Arguably it was worse when I look at my actually GIR numbers. I had 36 putts, but only hit 28% GIR, when I last took 36 putts I'd hit 40% GIR. I really just couldn't get a read on the greens at all

87 strokes
    6 Pars
    9 Bogeys
    3 Doubles

After 14 holes I knew I needed to pick up some pars to try hit my buffer. And proceeded to par the 15/16, index 8 & 2. The 16th, in particular was a really nice par, wind strongly in & across, took a good drive, followed by a good 3w to hit the green in 2.

Proceeded though to scratch the par 3, index 16 17th, to throw away the 2 shots gained back on the previous holes.

Thought it was a definite 0.1 on the way, until I saw the CSS, so got very lucky.

Advertisement