Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,988 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I appreciate this has probably been answered numerous times already, but what's the taxi situation like down there? Down on the Sunday, have a BnB booked in Portarlington. Is it going to be a disaster getting out of there Sunday night?

Theres shuttle buses going from Portarlington each day.

Send me a pm if you want further details

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Wow, looks amazing! I'm tempted to get in the car now. What the hell is that second tent?

Comedy stage I think, new set-up from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    More music chat please. Still looking to fit in the odd gap, particularly late Friday. Stefan Murphy sounds decent. New London band Khartoum even more so. But nothing for me between 1am and the Salty Dog Allstars at 2.50am.

Sat afternoon is full of promising young Irish acts. Great to see EP continuing to push them. Or if you're a cynic, interesting to see FR save some cash but I tend towards the former view.
    Odd Morris - caught them supporting the Fontaines in Galway last year. Very good.
    Inhaler - Bono's kid's band. Again a support act here, to Touts in March/April. A big sound, the kid has a voice and they've some tunes. With the deals they've signed they could be huge. Played Other Voices tent last year and went down well. Worth catching before they go places.
    The Clockworks - a Galway crew, support gigs for the Wedding Present & Bitch Falcon here. Good band but not enough tunes yet. Maybe that's changed since their move to London in January. Alan McGee signed them for his new Creation label in March, has pushed them hard and they've had a couple of big TV appearances. They're supporting Kings of Leon and the Bunnymen in Liverpool on Fri. Could also be going places, McGee has a good track record. Lead singer/guitarist is a sweet, shy kid who worked in one of my local cafes so if you're free at 3pm come along to give them a shout.
    Biig Piig - ultra mellow sounds from a young Cork woman who's now based in London. Could be a chilled Cosby gig.
    Paddy Hanna - Dublin artist, a bit Divine Comedy, a bit Elvis, a bit undefinable. Also the lead singer for Autre Monde. Chatted to him a couple of times and I'm still figuring out what he was on about. On Strange Brew records so down here a lot. He also got the support slot for the Burt Bacharach gigs in Dublin & Galway.
    Powpig - Limerick punkish band a bit Breeder-ish. Defintely worth checking out. Great on Other Voices TV last year.
    Silverbacks - more indie/post-punk. Can't get enough of it in my world.
    Otherkin - festival farewell, let's give them a rousing goodbye.
    Just Mustard - Dundalk shoegazers, caught them twice here last year and at the Cure in Malahide. Haven't disappointed yet and getting better.

That's a hefty Saturday afternoon for me. Add in some visitors - Jessica Pratt, Fonda & Working Men's Club and I'm going to struggle to get to the bar from 1 to 7. Hope to see you all at some of those and let's support the young local acts.

Powpig just mustard otherkin and fonda on my list. Others i recommend yonaka, thumper, in theit thousands and somebody's child.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭thebusher

Few things before everyone heads off

The Applemans vinyl tent was a great find last year. Quality tunes and shelter!

God bless Muckers positivity!

Villian you're playing a blinder. I reckon you'll make the final squad no bother.

Eco is great. As has been said bring ear plugs and with the few shandies on board you'll sleep grand.

Go see The Wha for me please and give em a bit of support. I've told Finn to give a shout out to the Teenager Kickers, he said he will.

Roll on Friday 5.40 to hopefully meet some of you at TCM

I know it will get lost here BUT BUT BUT James Fearnley of The Pogues has a new album with lads from Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys. Its brilliant, like an early Pogues album. They sre called The Walker Roaders, check it out.

Love yis all.

Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Any idea how many day tickets there are for Sunday? How much more busy will it be? Last time I was at EP was maybe 2012 so it's been a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 melwurdo

Right unusual one I know but friend has had to drop out last minute - staying in Harvest Moon, will have a spare wristband for Harvest Moon campsite and VIP going. Anyone been looking to mooch in with their friends staying there or wants a VIP wristband? The latter are sold out and are normally €65 I think, getting anything back for the several hundred pal is losing out on now would be slight solace 💀

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Roscoe P Coltrane

Arrived onsite this evening. First thing to report is that Bodhrandude is alive & well and getting ready for a cracking weekend! Points to note are a new wristband check by cosby tent replacing the one by SD due to new boundaries. Should only help people on day tickets thru paintball gate & pink moon (when main arena shortcut is closed). New searchpoint is at entrance to freetown-very cool looking area, with a tent seemingly as big as EA. There is new walk thruwoods into trenchtown from freetown, but when you walk trench towards jimi on forest path, it is exit only. 1 way system is in place, with path in other direction passing anachronica- meaning eco campers only shouldnt have dangerous crushes outside their campsite

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

My latest update and the trend is better for Friday afternoon and evening but certainly a very wet night Friday night into Saturday morning.

https://twitter.com/carlowweather/status/1166802044407226376?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    More music chat please. Still looking to fit in the odd gap, particularly late Friday. Stefan Murphy sounds decent. New London band Khartoum even more so. But nothing for me between 1am and the Salty Dog Allstars at 2.50am.

Sat afternoon is full of promising young Irish acts. Great to see EP continuing to push them. Or if you're a cynic, interesting to see FR save some cash but I tend towards the former view.
    Odd Morris - caught them supporting the Fontaines in Galway last year. Very good.
    Inhaler - Bono's kid's band. Again a support act here, to Touts in March/April. A big sound, the kid has a voice and they've some tunes. With the deals they've signed they could be huge. Played Other Voices tent last year and went down well. Worth catching before they go places.
    The Clockworks - a Galway crew, support gigs for the Wedding Present & Bitch Falcon here. Good band but not enough tunes yet. Maybe that's changed since their move to London in January. Alan McGee signed them for his new Creation label in March, has pushed them hard and they've had a couple of big TV appearances. They're supporting Kings of Leon and the Bunnymen in Liverpool on Fri. Could also be going places, McGee has a good track record. Lead singer/guitarist is a sweet, shy kid who worked in one of my local cafes so if you're free at 3pm come along to give them a shout.
    Biig Piig - ultra mellow sounds from a young Cork woman who's now based in London. Could be a chilled Cosby gig.
    Paddy Hanna - Dublin artist, a bit Divine Comedy, a bit Elvis, a bit undefinable. Also the lead singer for Autre Monde. Chatted to him a couple of times and I'm still figuring out what he was on about. On Strange Brew records so down here a lot. He also got the support slot for the Burt Bacharach gigs in Dublin & Galway.
    Powpig - Limerick punkish band a bit Breeder-ish. Defintely worth checking out. Great on Other Voices TV last year.
    Silverbacks - more indie/post-punk. Can't get enough of it in my world.
    Otherkin - festival farewell, let's give them a rousing goodbye.
    Just Mustard - Dundalk shoegazers, caught them twice here last year and at the Cure in Malahide. Haven't disappointed yet and getting better.

That's a hefty Saturday afternoon for me. Add in some visitors - Jessica Pratt, Fonda & Working Men's Club and I'm going to struggle to get to the bar from 1 to 7. Hope to see you all at some of those and let's support the young local acts.

Nice work there...my list for Saturday already looked like:
    Odd Morris->Jessica Pratt->Working Men's Club->Just Mustard->Powpig->Thumper->Yves Tumor->Echo & The Bunnymen->The Strokes/Lamb if Julian not doing it. Atmosphere, chats, food and drink will change that. Very happy to take up a couple of recommendations there if I'm not feeling it for some of these or whatever.
    I intended to see Odd Morris at ATN, but preferred to contemplate life from the inside of a car in the country.
    Cheers

thebusher wrote: »
    Few things before everyone heads off

The Applemans vinyl tent was a great find last year. Quality tunes and shelter!

God bless Muckers positivity!

Villian you're playing a blinder. I reckon you'll make the final squad no bother.

Eco is great. As has been said bring ear plugs and with the few shandies on board you'll sleep grand.

Go see The Wha for me please and give em a bit of support. I've told Finn to give a shout out to the Teenager Kickers, he said he will.

Roll on Friday 5.40 to hopefully meet some of you at TCM

I know it will get lost here BUT BUT BUT James Fearnley of The Pogues has a new album with lads from Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys. Its brilliant, like an early Pogues album. They sre called The Walker Roaders, check it out.

Love yis all.

Peace.

Have the wha on my list for sunday in cosby. defo going now after that call out from the great busher. Hope to bump into you again this year.

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    My latest update and the trend is better for Friday afternoon and evening but certainly a very wet night Friday night into Saturday morning.

Told you it was turning. Thanks villian for backing me up with science

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭thebusher

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Have the wha on my list for sunday in cosby. defo going now after that call out from the great busher. Hope to bump into you again this year.

Cheers Mucker. Let me know next week what you think.of them. Hopefully see you at TCM

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

That nag is gathering momentum now :)

A little advice though--best not to mention Electric Picnic and hurricane in the same post lest the serfs revolt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭Stillill42

That nag is gathering momentum now :)

A little advice though--best not to mention Electric Picnic and hurricane in the same post lest the serfs revolt.

Knowing Villain like we do, I think it's pretty clear it was a tongue in cheek shout out to the Neil Young tribute in Trailer park. Keep up the good work, Villain. I expect our tshirt discussion to be operational again by the time I wake up tomorrow.

Just looking at earlier posts, I can tell you that wasps have been confirmed for EP and have been making their presence known so far this week. Not an infestation, but you definitely notice them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Good luck to all of you heading there tomorrow. Montauk Hotel are a nice addition alongside Vulpynes.

As before we'll be on the right (not the main arena entrance side) of the sound desk for These Charming Men at 5.40. If it's not pouring I'll have a Rolling Stones Some Girls t-shirt and if raining a green raincoat with an orange interior hood (style guru extraordinaire I hear you say). I'll also be there for the Roadhouse Doors. If there I'd recognise Stillill42 who'll spot Mucker46. Pretty sure I'd also be able to identify Bodhrandude and Endainoz if they're about. Come and say hello y'all.

And I've got to say that this year's thread has been a pleasure. No real arguments, thoroughly good natured and consistently helpful and informative. Give yerselves a hearty clap on the back and have a great Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SantaClaws7

Just packing my stuff now and I've realised I've no screw cap / plug for my air mattress. Does anyone know if any of the places that usually sell air mattresses have sold just the caps on their own before? Would rather not buy a new mattress and let the one I have go to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Anyone know if its handy getting cans down there? We're thinking of taking about 24 initially so we dont have load of stuff to carry in. Does the Supervalue in the village be well stocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Reded

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Wow, looks amazing! I'm tempted to get in the car now. What the hell is that second tent?

Comedy tent!

Anyone know if its handy getting cans down there? We're thinking of taking about 24 initially so we dont have load of stuff to carry in. Does the Supervalue in the village be well stocked?

You will be queueing for a while, but normally have beer all weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Handy enough depending on where you're staying

Staying in Pink Moon. Wasnt there somewhere you could get them in Picnic before? I used to always see people getting slabs of Heineken.

Staying in Pink Moon. Wasnt there somewhere you could get them in Picnic before? I used to always see people getting slabs of Heineken.

Tesco shop onsite is further from pink moon than the super valu in town!

Cheers lads. We'll draw straws to see who stands in the queue. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

I usually go down later as have my spot reserved in Pink Moon - think i got bus from town at 2pm last year so just got there for the acts starting up on main stage. Do you reckon would be a need to be leaving/getting there earlier with this supposed rain? Thinking of getting 11am/12pm bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭fourmations

Hi roscoe,
    Thanks for the on-site info,
    How's the ground? Heard it was muddy already, then heard it wasn't! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

if it lashes from after Hozier on into the late hours i'd have no problem with that just want to get settled and a few cans/acts in before!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Bringing son and a couple of his mates down Friday as none of them drive.
    What would be best time to leave Stillorgan to avoid getting stuck in miles of traffic on the way down, best way to go and most importantly, what should I charge them for my time and petrol?
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭fourmations

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Bringing son and a couple of his mates down Friday as none of them drive.
    What would be best time to leave Stillorgan to avoid getting stuck in miles of traffic on the way down, best way to go and most importantly, what should I charge them for my time and petrol?
    :p

I've had success leaving about 2pm before several times, sailed in handy enough, seems to be a lull time for whatever reason, ymmv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Right campervan is packed, just need to get home from work tomorrow and hit the road!

Advertisement