Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help i.d céilí music

• 08-08-2018 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I recently came back from the Gaeltacht and I really want to know the name of this reel/song!
    We danced to this song every night and it gives so much nostalgia.

ttps://youtu.be/TWJpyGxi6kM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Link no working

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Try "Tunepal" developed by an Irish guy to be a shazam for traditional music.

*Disclaimer - not me, nothing to do with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 minecaster31

scotchy wrote: »
    Link no working

Boards doesn't let me post links

So the actual link is this but you have to take out the brackets in between the 'h':

(h)ttps://youtu.be/TWJpyGxi6kM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

The Connaughtman's Rambles

Looks great fun. Wish I was young again. laughing at the guys ending up dancing with each other:)

There are a few tunes there, all jigs. The Connaughtman's Rambles is the first one.

During a set there are usually a few tunes strung together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWJpyGxi6kM&feature=youtu.be

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

There are four jigs in total.

The Connaughtman's Rambles
    Saddle the Pony
    My darling asleep
    Scatter the mud

• Advertisement
Advertisement