Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glastonbury 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Heard a rumour re Queen and Adam Lambert headlining. Still on tour with the current show which is unbelievably f**king brilliant.

I doubt it. I mean, no matter how good they may be now, they would never headline without Freddie. Right or wrong, people will say they are not Queen without him. They could do the Legends set but not headline.

About the only band I can think of that could play with a replacement member would be Zeppelin (With Jason Bonham on drums). I'm not talking here about bands that are just as big (or bigger) than before with a new member (Many bands, of course, have done this). I'm talking about, "Legendary" acts that have lost a key member.

Of course Zeppelin won't be headlining but also, of course, the rumours will be abound.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

A couple of questions here from a complete newbie to the Glastonbury ticket process if you don't mind me asking.

1) I gather that you have to register if you want a ticket (which I have done), also everybody else you are trying to get tickets for needs to be registered too? Is there any chance you could end up with more tickets than you need? For example, if I try to get tickets for a group of 4 people and I succeed but then someone else in the group also manages to get 4.

2) Coach & festival ticket packages seem to go on sale a few days before the general tickets. Is it worth trying for these as well as it would give you two opportunities to try for tickets rather than one? Am I correct in saying I could choose coach option from Bristol or Cardiff or Liverpool or wherever and if successful just fly in/out of that airport. If I am unsuccessful I can still try the normal tickets on the Sunday?

3) Just to give myself an idea of the odds of getting one, how many times have others attempted to get tickets and failed/succeeded?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

3) Succeeded one year, failed two years

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

You can’t accidentally double buy for a registered punter - their number is flagged as already having a ticket issued.

Odds on getting a ticket are difficult to identify. Out of four years trying, I only was successful once, but others have managed to do much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

1) I gather that you have to register if you want a ticket (which I have done), also everybody else you are trying to get tickets for needs to be registered too? Is there any chance you could end up with more tickets than you need? For example, if I try to get tickets for a group of 4 people and I succeed but then someone else in the group also manages to get 4.
    Once someone gets through and enters registrations number and proceeds to payment details etc, no-one will then be able to enter them. Don't worry... no chance of duplicates.
    2) Coach & festival ticket packages seem to go on sale a few days before the general tickets. Is it worth trying for these as well as it would give you two opportunities to try for tickets rather than one? Am I correct in saying I could choose coach option from Bristol or Cardiff or Liverpool or wherever and if successful just fly in/out of that airport. If I am unsuccessful I can still try the normal tickets on the Sunday?
    Yes, it's worth trying but do bear in mind, you'll need to actually go on that coach in order to get your ticket(s). Don't be of the assumption that "oh, I'll buy them but not actually use the coach ticket".. they're issued on the actual coach as far as I'm aware. And if you're unsuccessful, you can still try for normal tickets on Sunday.
    3) Just to give myself an idea of the odds of getting one, how many times have others attempted to get tickets and failed/succeeded?
    I've been 4 years in a row.. and one out of the 4 was on the April resale. All the rest were in the general sale. But just because I'm 4 for 4 does not mean that I'm sh*tting it any less come ticket day. Especially when resale, you can only buy 4 at a time and we've already got a campervan booked for 6! :eek:

• Advertisement

Just FYI folks. Got a mail today to update your photo if more than 2 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

seems like more of a suggestion than compulsory.
    i still look pretty much the same as my photo from 4 years ago, so fu-ck it, not going to bother changing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Toast

I look so half asleep in my photo. Almost certainly done at the last second one year. I'll always have my passport on me to back up who I am (and that photo is not far off ten years old).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

📢 GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL 2019 TICKET RELEASE DATES HAVE JUST BEEN ANNOUNCED! 📢

Glastonbury Festival organisers have confirmed that coach + ticket packages will go on sale at 6pm BST on Thursday, 4th October, before general admission tickets go on sale at 9am BST on Sunday, 7th October.

^ Where'd you see that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It hasn't actually been announced yet I don't think. Nothing on the glasto website, or their facebook or twitter. cocker5 has been duped! To be fair it's probably safe enough to assume that it'll be those dates.

Basq wrote: »
    ^ Where'd you see that?

On Glasto chat via Facebook

MadYaker wrote: »
    It hasn't actually been announced yet I don't think. Nothing on the glasto website, or their facebook or twitter. cocker5 has been duped! To be fair it's probably safe enough to assume that it'll be those dates.

Saw it on glasto chat on Facebook.. forum is usually pretty accurate ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Glasto chat is awful, and full of absolute bollocks. come the new year there'll be non-stop fake posters and nonsense rumours in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Emily Eavis has replied to a comment on her Instagram stating that tickets info is "coming tomorrow".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Im getting the ****s just thinking about the bloody ticket buying torture or maybe it was all the guinness last night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Yep, squeaky bum time now that ticket dates are announced.

Also on the rumour front..

If the tabloids are to be believed, Kylie seems nailed on to play the Legends Slot on Sunday afternoon.

Neil over at eFests is hearing Paul McCartney is playing next year.. he has gigs in the US up until Wednesday 26th June, so we'll see if anymore are announced to quash that rumour.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Thank chuff for that. Was dreading the tickets going on sale the following week when I'd be otherwise engaged and out of range of any form of civilisation, wifi or mobile signal.

Now the only complication is making sure that the kid keeps out of my way for the 30 seconds* it will take me to secure tickets on the 7th. Have to think positively. I will go to the ball. :)

* May not be 30 seconds.

Well, good to know. Now the nervous counddown as everyone makes sure their credit cards are up-to-date etc :)

As for Kylie Minogue? While I wouldn't be a fan, she would be a good fit for the legends slot alright. And Paul McCartney has been all over the place lately so that sounds possible,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Kylie was meant to headline several years ago but dropped out last minute after a cancer diagnosis and they got Basement Jakx instead. Would be good to have her either as headline or possibly the legends slot, would be better as the Sunday headline I think though.

Paul MaCartney headlined a few years ago and it was excellent. Not sure he should be getting back again though, but if the only other option is Coldplay filling in for the umpteenth time then he would be preferable to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

robinph wrote: »

Paul MaCartney headlined a few years ago

14 years ago!

The Nal wrote: »
    14 years ago!

:eek:

Should have know it would turn out to be something like that. The years just kind of all roll into one for me now though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Can you use your debit card to purchase tickets or does it have to be a credit card?

Can you use your debit card to purchase tickets or does it have to be a credit card?

Hmm, not certain.

In previous years it was debit card only (for UK deposit payers) but international ticket buyers could use credit cards. I can't see any mention of it being restricted to debit cards only on the information page for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

robinph wrote: »
    Hmm, not certain.

In previous years it was debit card only (for UK deposit payers) but international ticket buyers could use credit cards. I can't see any mention of it being restricted to debit cards only on the information page for next year.
    https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/#HOWTO
    UK Tickets can now be purchased with a UK debit card or Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
    International Tickets can only be bought by Visa credit card or Mastercard credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

So... anyone interested in pooling registration numbers for ticket day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

alastair wrote: »

Yeah,

I'm going for 2 again on the Sunday. How many are you trying for ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

alastair wrote: »

I'm going for 2 I'm in

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If we can get a visa card sorted then 3 tickets

Advertisement