Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ordered a few bits and pieces from CRC, first time in about a year, is this now standard for deliveries from them due to Brexit, NI Protocol etc.? It's free shipping I know, but seems incredibly wasteful to send stuff from the North over to Essex then back to Dublin through Heathrow.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Probably the courier company decide that.

I bought scribe wheels a year ago and like others on here, my wheels travelled from Northern Ireland to the UK > France > UK > Leixlip

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Bot1

Mad stuff.

Do they have a base in England somewhere as well?

As depending on what you're getting they seem to use different couriers.

Stuff that goes with Fastways gets here much quicker and I suspect it's just coming across from the North.

But certain stuff goes with Hermes and takes much longer!

I'm waiting on a few bits that I'm hoping will get here before the TdB this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Just ordered a new Di2 front mech, and because the price was better I ordered a new jersey as well

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

With my Scribes, it was Fedex who brought them on their continental journey, presumably to varioius distribtuion hubs. There had been a big delay in getting them and I was anxious to get them before the Winter weather arrived. Watching them spend a few days travelling country to country was a comlete pain in the rear.

Very wasteful though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

My bike related thing in the post is a new bike! Canyon Neuron 6 as I get back into night-time mountain biking for the winter 😃

One reason to look forward to the shorter evenings...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

They own Wiggle now, and presumably they have a warehouse in the UK somewhere, so maybe my order is a mix of stuff from both and it was sent to the UK before coming back. Still a bit mad, I ordered nearly a week ago and probably wont be here til tomorrow at the earliest, wonder if I got it delivered to Newry would it have made the trip overseas...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Given the change in the weather, a pair of SKS Raceblade Long mudguards - they're the ones with the dodgy clips that eventually start to open when they shouldn't but they do give a lot more protection than the Pro ones that attach to the seatstays and forks. Got the VIP discount at Cycle Superstore and then used my €20 CI membership voucher before it runs out. €32.50 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭secman

2 sets of headset bearings , one bike needs a replacing and one spare set for other bike. Not so much in post as being delivered down by lad from Wexford who works in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Restrap canister Handlebar bag for my winter training- pricey at €60 delivered.

DHB neoprene overshoes - €26 delivered & okay reviews.

• Advertisement

Dropper post service kit.

Castelli emergency rain jacket.

Assos bib shorts.

Gaerne Hurricane MTB shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭cletus

Giro Syntax helmet (non mips) in large. Hoping to get a medium to reduce the mushroom head effect. Unfortunatly, my stupid head is just outside the parameters of the medium size🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Free replacement Cycliq Fly6CE, thankfully original one was still in warranty when it gave up the ghost!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭G1032

Just out of curiosity, what will you put in that canister bag? Do you not put your food in Jersey or jacket pockets? Or will you use the bag for tools or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I've also wondered that - I bought one and never used it. I've found a top tube bag better for long rides where I want more than jersey pockets - e.g. a power bank, extra jacket & enough food maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'm not a fan of bulky pockets in summer or winter so ordered the bag to utilize that space for the normal carry on items. Long endurance spins in winter need planning for spare baselayer & rain jacket for unpredictable days if it will fit.

I could have gone the top tube route but chose the bag.

I use a handlebar bag too. I keep a pocket rocket rain jacket in it, sometimes food, sometimes my phone (although since I got a pair of cargo bib shorts less so).

I don't always wear a jersey when cycling, so it's handy for extra storage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭JMcL

Handlebar bags are very useful I find. I've a Decathlon one - looks similar in size to the Restrap one - I've probably had for the guts of 20 years or so, and throw all sorts into; tubes, food, phone, keys, small camera. I've stopped kidding myself that the extra drag of this is the problem with me making headway 😄

Why won't All Tricks allow me buy certain things?

This message comes up -

We cannot ship an item / items due to restrictions.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

What are the items? Things that are pressurised (CO2, sprays etc) or containing larger lithium batteries would spring to mind as not being accepted DPD have a list of their prohibited items here https://shipping.dpd.ie/prohibited-items though I've had stuff on that list (torches, tyres) delevered by them in the past

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

Ordered : Grizl CF SL 8 and mudguards as a gravel/winter bike

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I imagine they don't have franchise/supplier rights for those things in our region.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Wiggle show up as out of stock for high 5 tablets and chamois cream for delivery here, but when I put in my sis in laws address in London, they can be delivered no problem.

I cant imagine them not being able to supply them after previously being able to, it just seems a little bizarre to me.

I am sure there are more things they wont ship here, but these are two I tried order recently when I was buying a torque wrench

It could be that CSS now has the distributor rights for those products in the ROI and Wiggle can't ship here. You see it alot with the German sites where if you put in your address as the USA, you lose a lot and gain alot in regards stock options.

Also have a CX/MTB cassette on the way, Shimano CS M8000.

Wiggle show up as out of stock for high 5 tablets and chamois cream for delivery here, but when I put in my sis in laws address in London, they can be delivered no problem.

It's odd. They're showing as out of stock for the individual tubes in all flavours, but do have the mixed pack in stock for delivery here. CRC, which should be the same thing, also look to have the 8 pack in stock, albeit at an eye watering price

2 pairs of Panracer Gravelking SK in astral blue. 32mm for winter with guards, 38mm for nicer weather. Had a12% discount for Probikekit

To follow on from the previous conversation, they wouldn't let me add a SRAM PG1050 cassette (strictly speaking, they'd no problem adding it, they just wouldn't let me pay for it) . Could well be for local distributor reasons that Cram mentioned. Wonder if all this is another of the Brexit gifts that keep on giving? I don't remember much of this type of thing when the brits were in the fold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Trekker09

SRAM rotor lockrings

Elite Custom Race Plus 20 blue bottle cages

XDR freewheel body for my Tacx Flux

Thru axle adapters for the Flux

Shiva Bidons

Gloves

All from Bike-Discount in Germany for my new Colnago

Fizik bondcush handlebar tape. Same brand I have on the other bike. It's hardwearing and comfortable.

The tape that came on the bike is sort of a foam, it marks quite easily, and it started to move around on my spin at the weekend.

Didn't go with orange, though, decided to stick with black

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wheelo01

A Galibier Jersey and three pairs of gloves (one has to suit my bet up hands) lol

Advertisement