Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-08-2016, 13:44   #16
PTH2009

New single is catchy enough
Advertisement
12-08-2016, 14:48   #17
Farty88

Am loving the new tune its catchy and good vibe of music in it. Kind of disappointed in the title tho "this house is not for sale" fair enough its meaning is spot on but its kind of cringy when the camera focuses on Jon and he says the words. Can't fault the rest of the song its strong and great music to back it up also disappointed in it sticking to the same formula. I still think if they went back to the these days kinda of material it would tear it up in the category of music out today an album way before its time never got the recognition it deserves I'd even go as far as saying it was their best music they've ever done
17-09-2016, 08:07   #18
PTH2009

World tour in 2017 ???

Irish dates in Marlay Park or the RDS I imagine

First full world tour without Richie
05-10-2016, 22:31   #19
PTH2009

url]http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bon-jovi-2017-tour/[/url]

So Europe in the summer is a huge possibility

Rds, Marley or Aviva date here I reckon. Indoor date in the 3arena would be unreal
23-01-2017, 14:50   #20
July_happygirl

I'm a big fan!
Always have several their hits on my phone: 'It's my life', 'Keep the faith', 'Living on a prayer', 'Have a nice day'.
Advertisement
14-12-2017, 14:01   #21
PTH2009

its offical Bon Jovi are entering the Rock N Roll hall of fame in Apr 2018 well deserved

Will Richie go too the ceremony and maybe the start of a reunion ???
(2) thanks from:
15-04-2018, 14:26   #22
PTH2009

Guys went into the Rock n roll HOF last night

Richie was there and performed with them for the whole set

Reunion tour incoming ??
16-04-2018, 07:47   #23
roadmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTH2009 View Post

Reunion tour incoming ??
If slash and axl can get back touring i cant see why thet cant but onething for sure was highlighted during the setlist was how much richies vocals are missing from the bon jovi sound
17-04-2018, 23:40   #24
evillive

Quote:

Reunion tour incoming ??
Just caught up on a few YouTube vids from the night hadn't realised Alec took the stage too, as big a deal as Richie plsying considering he totally disappeared from public life. Definitely reckon we'll see them all back on stage mebbe not for a few years tho.
Advertisement
28-10-2018, 13:26   #25
PTH2009

so Irish date for 2019 incoming

last week rumours its going to be Croke Park but i think it will be the RDS or somewhere smaller
30-10-2018, 13:27   #26
evillive

Quote:
so Irish date for 2019 incoming

last week rumours its going to be Croke Park but i think it will be the RDS or somewhere smaller
Yep RDS Saturday 15 June 2019 tix on sale Thurs 8 Nov
02-11-2018, 09:04   #27
Inviere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farty88 View Post
I still think if they went back to the these days kinda of material it would tear it up in the category of music out today an album way before its time never got the recognition it deserves I'd even go as far as saying it was their best music they've ever done
Couldn't agree more. For me, "These Days" is in my top 5 albums of all time, it's absolutely stunning, and really captures that 'broken heart' mood so well. I'm not hugely into their early stuff (with the exception of classics like Runaway et al), and I'm not big into their current stuff...I think the most recent song of theirs I listened to more than a few times is Make a Memory. Jon's singing, Richie's playing, the band just absolutely nailed everything, as they usually always do.

So while I'm not a die hard fan, I am a huge fan of their middle era stuff. As a result, I don't tend to listen to them unless it's when I choose to, I don't watch current videos, and don't stay up to date with them.

Imagine my horror then, when I see this the other day...

I've two trains of thought on this:

1) It's unrealistic to expect any band to sound as good in their later days, as they did in their younger days - especially more so rock bands like Bon Jovi. Usually the strain of pushing vocals in rock music (combined with lack of training, relying on raw talent) takes it toll after the decades. See Axl Rose as an example.

2) Holy ****...talk about being shot through the heart. It's so sad looking at Jon trying to sing now, two hands up to the mic, whispering through the words, hoping he'll hit a note, he looks as if he's almost in physical pain at times He's off key, off time sometimes because he has to twist words to pronounce them, and the overall presentation is pitiable as a result. The whole band are now carrying him, you can hear this more so when you listen with headphones on. I wouldn't ever berate him, but man its sad to look at.

I thought he'd be able to sing forever because he was never evidently into the drug scene, always looked after himself, sang hard but within his capabilities...but for me, this seems to have happened overnight (while in reality it's like this a few years I gather). They can continue to tour like this, will continue to fill venues, and make tons of money, but from this internet posters perspective, its time to hang up the guitars and mics folks

This is where Bon Jovi lives on now, in the past. The difference twenty years makes...

Last edited by Inviere; 02-11-2018 at 09:09.
Thanks from:
02-11-2018, 19:03   #28
colmufc

Anybody got a price list for the show in the rds
02-11-2018, 19:03   #29
colmufc

Anybody got a price list for the show in the rds

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image