Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-05-2019, 21:07   #3511
Lithium93_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtanen View Post
Spoiler: Thought it was a very solid conclusion to the first three phases of the MCU

The first hour or so I found quite slow, aside from the death of Thanos - which was a massive shock - nothing much happened, apart from setting up where everyone was and what mindsets they were in

The time heist was quite fun, I do appreciate the fact that the mission/reset button wasn't to undo what happened in Infinity War, but to bring everyone back five years later. So Thanos' actions still happened, and the consequemces still exist. I would imagine these will be elaborated on in the upcoming season of Agents of SHIELD

Clearly the best scene was the return of all the heroes at the end, and the ensuing battle. I do wish they had shown some of the rest of the world/universe as that happened though. We saw a snapshot of the deaths at the end of IW, would have been nice here too, but again, we should see this in AOS

Loved some of the call-backs to previous movies, my personal favourite being Cap using Mjolnir and Thor saying he knew he could do it - remember when he nearly lifted it in Age Of Ultron?

Have to admit to getting a little misty-eyed at Stark's funeral, but tbh we all expected there would be a big death, so while it was definitely emotional, it wasn't a massive surprise

Funniest reaction from the audience was a collective groan when Fortnite made an appearance :p

Minor gripes, but Thanos was only able to use the Gauntlet because of 'space magic' as Thor put it, right? So how could Stark suddenly make a glove that worked just fine?

Also, Captain Marvel is one hell of a deux ex machina to have around, isn't she? ;)
I really didn't feel like it was 3 hours, Spoiler: 3 weeks after The Decimation, they go to undo what happened, instead Thanos has wisely destroyed The Infinity Stone to prevent his work being undone

I really have to many favourite moments to pick out, but as you've already mentioned Spoiler: Cap finally wielding Mjolnir, also the Spoiler: Cap standing all alone against Thanos's army, then Cap do you read, it's Sam, on your left, Spoiler: even listening to the song on the soundtrack that builds during said scene, I can picture it clearly the screening where I was at, absolutely bubbled up ready to explode... And then we FINALLY got those words from Cap Spoiler: Avengers... Assemble, and charge with Cap at the front, cue the explosion from the audience.

I don't think the films events will be touched on in Agents Of Shield's upcoming season, think the earliest we'll get those events being referenced is the Spider-Man: Far From Home - Spoiler: Also I think said film will pick up where Peter and Ned reunited in Endgame

Spoiler: Tony's death, absolutely caught me right in the gut/feels, especially with how he uttered the line that kicked this all off 11 years ago today
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-05-2019, 22:57   #3512
JP Liz V1

My only negatives for Avengers Endgame Spoiler: Pepper suited and in the battle :mad: and also thought Bucky would be the new Cap
03-05-2019, 00:41   #3513
Lithium93_

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz V1 View Post
My only negatives for Avengers Endgame Spoiler: Pepper suited and in the battle :mad: and also thought Bucky would be the new Cap
I thought it was a cool Spoiler: pay off to IM3 and earlier in the film.
03-05-2019, 16:23   #3514
SureYWouldntYa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium93_ View Post
I thought it was a cool Spoiler: pay off to IM3 and earlier in the film.
Spoiler: They didn't really treat it as something special though, the only hint of we got was when the kid had the helmet in the tent but didn't Tony say something about wanting it in the bedroom, not really a hint of what was to come, was just another thing in a sea of two dozen more awesome things at the end

Character wise it makes much more sense for Falcon to be the new Cap, Bucky has been fighting for years and seems sort of done for it, main reason I don't care about Falcon moving forward is Anthony Mackie has the appeal of a wet tissue stuck on my foot
06-05-2019, 14:53   #3515
Lithium93_

Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer. Contains spoilers, i'll just post the link and let Tom Holland explain.

Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-06-2019, 23:55   #3516
JP Liz V1

John Cena is in the next Fast and Furious film
08-06-2019, 00:24   #3517
Pentecost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz V1 View Post
John Cena is in the next Fast and Furious film
Thrice in a lifetime?
Thanks from:
08-06-2019, 22:51   #3518
Lord TSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentecost View Post
Thrice in a lifetime?
Nah, he's likely a Rock replacement for that branch of the films. Cena will be in the Vin Diseal branch of them, while Rock has moved off into his own.
Thanks from:
09-06-2019, 21:28   #3519
JP Liz V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord TSC View Post
Nah, he's likely a Rock replacement for that branch of the films. Cena will be in the Vin Diseal branch of them, while Rock has moved off into his own.
Yes with Vin Diesel in 9
Advertisement
21-06-2019, 17:57   #3520
Lord TSC

Toy Story 4

Spoiler: Man oh man, that ending was a heartbreaker. When I realized the direction it was going....I was not ready. Tears everywhere. I grew up with Toy Story, and still have my Woody doll I brought to bed every night with me. So him saying goodbye to the other toys....I appreciate it was the definition of bitter sweet, and that it was a true happy ending for him, but lordy, it was rough.

Incredible ending, and a proper emotional one. I thought the ending of Endgame was a tearjerker, but it was nothing compared to this.

Thought a lack of a true “villain” was great too.
22-06-2019, 21:24   #3521
Lithium93_

If anyone's going to see the new Spidey film in a week and half's time, please be careful browsing YouTube, as the film's post credits scene has been leaked online.
(2) thanks from:
26-06-2019, 22:24   #3522
A Brad Maddox Guy

Quote:
Toy Story 4

Spoiler: Man oh man, that ending was a heartbreaker. When I realized the direction it was going....I was not ready. Tears everywhere. I grew up with Toy Story, and still have my Woody doll I brought to bed every night with me. So him saying goodbye to the other toys....I appreciate it was the definition of bitter sweet, and that it was a true happy ending for him, but lordy, it was rough.

Incredible ending, and a proper emotional one. I thought the ending of Endgame was a tearjerker, but it was nothing compared to this.

Just out of it myself, thought it was great

Spoiler: I thought all the new characters were brilliant and the last few minutes of Gabi Gabi was an emotional rollercoaster all on its own for me!

I too grew up with Toy Story and while I didn't shed a tear at this one (I was the opposite for Toy Story 3, still am every time I see Andy hesitate with giving away Woody) the ending was great and I'm genuinely sad at the thought of Woody & Buzz being apart. I love Pixar in general but with Toy Story I think they've totally nailed the 'growing with your audience' thing and it continued with this one.
30-06-2019, 22:06   #3523
JP Liz V1

Quote:
Toy Story 4

Keanu Reeves as Duke was great
Thanks from:
04-07-2019, 21:27   #3524
JP Liz V1

06-07-2019, 23:02   #3525
Lithium93_

So Spider-Man: Far From Home definitely lived up to my expectations. Then again Spidey is favourite superhero.. But I digress..

Anyways, non spoiler thoughts, it does well to progress what was built on in Homecoming, but also dealing with events post Avengers: Endgame. It acknowledges the events of it, but doesn't spend too long dwelling on it.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion