Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to register online and claim levy/tax credits/ refunds : Now Includes Forms

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭relax carry on

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Just trying to fill out the form required. How do I find the tax relief at source amount for section B? (http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/forms/medical-insurance-relief.pdf)

As far as I'm aware my health insurance is a 967 premium pre year that my company pays for so what figure do I put in for tax relief at source? I get 81.14 BIK on my payslip every month.

Just ask your employer for a letter stating how much they have paid in anyone year for you and submit it to Revenue.

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Also what do I put in for "The reduction applied for any Age-Related Tax Credit". I'm in my mid 20s if that's a help?!?!

Doesn't apply to you.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/it5.html

NickDrake wrote: »
    Paye anytime is always crashing and is a joke of a website.

I am having fierce trouble doing my return.

I cannot claim back my Rent credits as it says unavailable? Why? I have been paying rent in my current property since November 2010.

anyone else having such problems?

As the rules for the rent tax credit changed in 2011, you will have to make a claim using the rent tax credit clam form, rent 1, for your first ever claim.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/forms/rent1.pdf

If you are having technical difficulties with the site email the roshelpdesk with the error message received or even better a screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Unless your employer had been informing Revenue on their P35s for you, that they were paying medical insurance on your behalf, I would get a letter from them just to check it was done right. Get a letter stating how much they paid for you each year and submit it to Revenue.

On PAYE online it does show a figure for medical insurance relief. On my payslip there is a Notional pay on benefits figure. Does that sound like my employer has already informed them ?

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Unless your employer had been informing Revenue on their P35s for you, that they were paying medical insurance on your behalf, I would get a letter from them just to check it was done right. Get a letter stating how much they paid for you each year and submit it to Revenue.

On PAYE online it does show a figure for medical insurance relief. On my payslip there is a Notional pay on benefits figure. Does that sound like my employer has already informed them ?

That's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

hi can anybody tell me how i can get my p.45 from my former employer.my former employer's buisness closed down i think she owed the tax man money however i was bein taxed and on my hours,now she refuses to answer the phone to me and i dont no her accountant,can anybody give me advice????

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

(1) Rent Relief: Back in 2009 I first logged onto ROS.ie and ticked the box marked Rent Relief and entered my monthly rent. I have not been on ROS.ie since, but have recently applied for a new PIN so I can do so again. My question is: because I ticked that box online in 2009, have I gotten extra tax credits since? (I have moved twice since then and my rent is higher now). Do I still need to submit a Rent Relief form to get money back from revenue, or have I already gotten this in the form of credits? Do i need to update my details e.g every year?
    (2) In 2008 I worked for 6 months and then went traveling. I finished work in June 2008 and started again in April 2009. Can I claim a refund of unused tax credits from when I was not working? How do I do this?
    (3) Who should apply for Income Levy refund? I have no idea if I overpaid or not - should I apply in case I did overpay?

candycock wrote: »
    hi can anybody tell me how i can get my p.45 from my former employer.my former employer's buisness closed down i think she owed the tax man money however i was bein taxed and on my hours,now she refuses to answer the phone to me and i dont no her accountant,can anybody give me advice????

Inform Revenue who will issue a letter to your former employer. It may take months though. Contact your local paye section.
    Or contact NERA who may be of more assistance.

Svalbard wrote: »
    (1) Rent Relief: Back in 2009 I first logged onto ROS.ie and ticked the box marked Rent Relief and entered my monthly rent. I have not been on ROS.ie since, but have recently applied for a new PIN so I can do so again. My question is: because I ticked that box online in 2009, have I gotten extra tax credits since? (I have moved twice since then and my rent is higher now). Do I still need to submit a Rent Relief form to get money back from revenue, or have I already gotten this in the form of credits? Do i need to update my details e.g every year?
    (2) In 2008 I worked for 6 months and then went traveling. I finished work in June 2008 and started again in April 2009. Can I claim a refund of unused tax credits from when I was not working? How do I do this?
    (3) Who should apply for Income Levy refund? I have no idea if I overpaid or not - should I apply in case I did overpay?

1. It should have carried forward each year since. You are supposed to update the rental records if you move or change the amount of rent paid. This is just for admin reasons. Login to your online account and you should see it claimed each year.

2. If you carried out a review (got a p21) for 2008, then you already received a refund based on used credits or rate band. When you started work in 2009 your unsed credits and rate band from the start of the year would have already been factored in your wages.

3 See here for income levy and USC. If you feel you meet any of the criteria, just drop your local PAYE section an email and ask for a review of whatever year you want.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/income-levy/index.html

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/usc/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

Great relax carry on.
    It doesn't look like I am entitled to a refund on Income Levy or USC, unless my employer had a mistake. But of course any mistake may have been in my favour and an application for refund may in fact reveal I underpaid.

Another question: I was on sick leave for 5 weeks in 2009, got social welfare certs + sick pay from work. Where do I stand there? Can I claim unused credits, or were credits used as normal as if I had been at work?

Also, my medical insurance is with my dad's ex employers (he's retired) insurance policy. Dad pays for all the family and we pay him our slice. Can I claim for this, or can only my dad claim?

• Advertisement

Svalbard wrote: »
    Great relax carry on.
    It doesn't look like I am entitled to a refund on Income Levy or USC, unless my employer had a mistake. But of course any mistake may have been in my favour and an application for refund may in fact reveal I underpaid.

Another question: I was on sick leave for 5 weeks in 2009, got social welfare certs + sick pay from work. Where do I stand there? Can I claim unused credits, or were credits used as normal as if I had been at work?

Also, my medical insurance is with my dad's ex employers (he's retired) insurance policy. Dad pays for all the family and we pay him our slice. Can I claim for this, or can only my dad claim?

First 6 weeks of illness benefit aren't taxable so you most likely weren't taxed on them. Check with your employer if in doubt.

Re the medical insurance, if your the policy is in your fathers name then its only your father who can claim. Also this tax relief is granted at source unless your fathers ex-employer is still paying it as a bik linked to a pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Hello folks,
    I've a quick question wrt tax refunds. I just received my P21 there this morning.
    How long can I expect to wait before the money is transferred into my account?

Rothmans wrote: »
    Hello folks,
    I've a quick question wrt tax refunds. I just received my P21 there this morning.
    How long can I expect to wait before the money is transferred into my account?

If the P21 states a refund is due and that it is to be paid to your bank account, then the refund usually shows up within 3 working days.
    Occasionally, although the P21s issue, a refund may be held up due to a certain percentage of all refunds having to be manually checked/rechecked. This can delay refunds by a few weeks in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

If the P21 states a refund is due and that it is to be paid to your bank account, then the refund usually shows up within 3 working days.
    Occasionally, although the P21s issue, a refund may be held up due to a certain percentage of all refunds having to be manually checked/rechecked. This can delay refunds by a few weeks in some cases.

Thanks very much!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I made my last online claim in April 2010, since then I have been paying a few extra refundable things like union sub and income continuance.

If I request a P21 for any of the years, will this be automatically accounted for on revenues end or do I have to go online and individually request each individual payment?

I made my last online claim in April 2010, since then I have been paying a few extra refundable things like union sub and income continuance.

If I request a P21 for any of the years, will this be automatically accounted for on revenues end or do I have to go online and individually request each individual payment?

If you login to your online account, you will see if tax relief has been granted for those items. Credits highlighted in green are already granted/claimed. And those in blue are credits you might be able to claim if you meet their individual criteria. So if not already claimed, you will have to manually request them online.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/permanent-health-insurance.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

Question about flat rate expenses

On PAYE anytime with shows up as green which would indicate that I have claimed already for it yet when I actually go into it, it's saying unclaimed next to my employer.

What does this mean?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

This link appears to be gone. On further investigation it may be because it is not claimable in 2012 (according to my 2012 tax year gui from ROS.ie). When I follow the more info it brings me to that page not found... I think I'll send the webmaster an email. (scratch that I can't find an email address for them)

I was hoping to follow the link so that I can fill in my medical expenses for the previous 4 years. BUT, I assume that because I've been with a medical insurance company I cannot get "Health Expenses" relief?

Sniipe wrote: »
    This link appears to be gone. On further investigation it may be because it is not claimable in 2012 (according to my 2012 tax year gui from ROS.ie). When I follow the more info it brings me to that page not found... I think I'll send the webmaster an email. (scratch that I can't find an email address for them)

I was hoping to follow the link so that I can fill in my medical expenses for the previous 4 years. BUT, I assume that because I've been with a medical insurance company I cannot get "Health Expenses" relief?

Correct link is here.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/it6.html

Email for webmaster is webmaster@revenue.ie

You can claim relief on expenses not covered by your insurer. Example: 2000 in total. Insurer covers 1600. You claim tax relief on 400.

Health expenses incurred in 2012 are not claimable during 2012 as its an active tax year. You can claim back to 2008 presently either through PAYE Anytime or a Med1 form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Health expenses incurred in 2012 are not claimable during 2012 as its an active tax year. You can claim back to 2008 presently either through PAYE Anytime or a Med1 form.

Cool thanks for the links and info. Do you reckon asking my insurers for past records would work as receipts? Is that how it works? You enter in the amounts and then you need to hold onto the receipts in case they come knocking on the door... or do I have to send them copies of the receipts?

• Advertisement

Sniipe wrote: »

Cool thanks for the links and info. Do you reckon asking my insurers for past records would work as receipts? Is that how it works? You enter in the amounts and then you need to hold onto the receipts in case they come knocking on the door... or do I have to send them copies of the receipts?

When you make the claim online or by snail mail, you must have receipts to back up the claim. These are the actual receipts for the medicines or treatments you are claiming tax relief on. You do not send the receipts with the claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

hi all I applied on line last week for bin charges and medical expensis for last year and 2010. Im sure i done everything correctly but now they havent been touched they're still in the requests history tab.

also I cant go in and view the actual years that i'm claiming for. it comes up with a message like "sorry you cannot view this info please select another year!"

do they just take down the years when they are reviewing them or should I contact them?

ashblag wrote: »
    hi all I applied on line last week for bin charges and medical expensis for last year and 2010. Im sure i done everything correctly but now they havent been touched they're still in the requests history tab.

also I cant go in and view the actual years that i'm claiming for. it comes up with a message like "sorry you cannot view this info please select another year!"

do they just take down the years when they are reviewing them or should I contact them?

Sounds like they went through alright, but a certain percentage get double checked by a revenue employee as well as the inbuilt computer checking software. It looks like that is what happened in your case. Drop your local paye section an email and ask them what the story is.

Sounds like they went through alright, but a certain percentage get double checked by a revenue employee as well as the inbuilt computer checking software. It looks like that is what happened in your case. Drop your local paye section an email and ask them what the story is.

Thanks a mill for that have mailed them knowing my luck to date i'll probably end up owing them money:(
    thanks again

ashblag wrote: »

I contacted the help desk number this morning. They said everything was approved its just a matter of waiting untill the money is processed and transfered.
    Does this sound right? I have still not yet recieved balancing statments but was told wont get those untill funds are available to transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CSOC

Del007 wrote: »
    Question about flat rate expenses

On PAYE anytime with shows up as green which would indicate that I have claimed already for it yet when I actually go into it, it's saying unclaimed next to my employer.

What does this mean?

Cheers

I have that too! Did you resolve this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

CSOC wrote: »
    I have that too! Did you resolve this?

I've no idea what it means, didn't get any response on here about it

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jlacey

the rules have now changed on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Daisy Dweller

so have been trying to use PAYE anytime coz thats where i was directed when i rang to ask about medical expenses and tax credits.......but i can't find anything to do with claiming med expenses. emailed the ros help people and got this....

"
    Your issue appears to be business related rather than technical."

huh? :confused:

so can anyone tell me how to use anytime to do this or is it a lost cause?:D

• Advertisement

so have been trying to use PAYE anytime coz thats where i was directed when i rang to ask about medical expenses and tax credits.......but i can't find anything to do with claiming med expenses. emailed the ros help people and got this....

"
    Your issue appears to be business related rather than technical."

huh? :confused:

so can anyone tell me how to use anytime to do this or is it a lost cause?:D

There are videos showing you how to use the system. Watch them before you login and you will see how easy it is.
    For example with health expenses, when you login you will see tabs across the top of the page showing years from 2012 to 2008. Choose the year you want, click into it. Find the health expenses ingredient and click into it. Follow the onscreen prompts and away you go.

Advertisement