Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone Interested In Pinball Machines?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I'm looking for a pin myself at the minute. A working one preferably though. That one looks to be covered in rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

That D&D machine is worth about €200 tops, complete dreamer there watching too much storage wars, if the rails and lockdown bar have that much corrosion on them it's been stored somewhere damp and cold for a long time(perhaps the steel shed it's in now lol), I guarantee every coil is dead, every spring and screw will need to be replaced, every metal part sanded and polished. He/She has no photos of the playfield or under the playfield for that matter or even the boardset, coincidence?
    There is also the risk the screws into the playfield will be rusted and start snapping when you are stripping the playfield leaving you with a massive headache trying to remove them with stud extractors.
    @Burzam I'd pass, you'll find a half decent project machine for €600-700 that will come in at under €1000 when you've finished with it.

If the outside is that bad imagine what this looks like now
    dungeons_&_dragons_8.jpg

I'd have to agree with Cathaldub on that one.
    I'd budget 500/600 for repairs on that.
    New display is going to soak up 200/250 and thats before you get into any PCB work.
    New legs,lockdown bar and side rails another 250 there (+ a ton on postage)
    rubbers,coil sleeves,yada yada yada

They can be savage expensive to get right (but also very rewarding!)
    Saying that its no big deal if you can get the game for the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Thanks for the advice, going to offer €400 and see what he says.
    The D&D theme of the machine just draws me to it.

Burzum wrote: »

It will make a great table to store your ironing on :pac:haha

Joking, if you have time to put the money and work in it fair play, that guy should snap the money out of your hand at 400!

• Advertisement

Ask him for a couple of proper photos of the playfield & underside and board set too.
    You'd actually clean the rust off the lockdown bar with sandpaper and autosol metal polish easily enough, the legs might be a bit more difficult but you could sand blast them and then polish them with a drill.
    Unless the boardset is working and the playfield is un-worn or minimal wear I wouldn't go any higher than that, you're gonna spend alot of hours on a machine in that condition.

ask him for a couple of proper photos of the playfield and underside and board set too
    You'd actually clean the rust off the lockdown bar with sandpaper and autosol metal polish easily enough, the legs might be a bit more difficult but you could sand blast them and then polish them with a drill

This is true but I've found that buying new stuff gives a better result then 6/7 hours of hard graft :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

The plug has been removed, not a good sign at all.

I reckon its a pit, and would be different if this was a twilight zone or something, but its not as if the finished product is going to be amazing. Its a pretty average game.

Plus, if it needs new legs good luck. Its a really odd cabinet shape so the back legs are extra long

Did anyone contact them, maybe they put an extra zero in the advert by mistake?

Still waiting to hear back from them, I offered 200 after reading the responses here so will update if/when I get a reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I was supposed to go see it Sunday but he can't get it out of storage

He got back to me saying he tested it a few months ago and its all working as it should, also said he wouln't be taking anything under €1700 for it.

So he tested it a few months ago and took no photos or videos of it in action, advertised it with no photos of the electronics/play field or mechanical parts, the main parts of a pinball machine
    also said he wouln't be taking anything under €1700 for it.
    Guess he'll be keeping it for a long long time so 😂

He got back to me saying he tested it a few months ago and its all working as it should, also said he wouln't be taking anything under €1700 for it.

Haha that is a crazy price for that. Insane.

I had a star trek the next gen up for sale here for 1700e and didn't get one call.
    This lads a dreamer

Edit-
    Fully working may i ad

I had a star trek the next gen up for sale here for 1700e and didn't get one call.
    This lads a dreamer

Edit-
    Fully working may i ad

Man if you had that now I'd be bitting your hand off haha

Man if you had that now I'd be bitting your hand off haha

Shame i know.
    Would have loved it to stay local but the house was at tipping point so needed it gone fast.
    Jurrasic park was also a class game!

Yeh either one. Didn't have money at the time. Now that I do .. nothing .. haha

A Shadow here for 2k .
    And another 200 for shipping.
    I'd say you could get him down a little.

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/the-shadow-£1-750.36053/

A Shadow here for 2k .
    And another 200 for shipping.
    I'd say you could get him down a little.

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/the-shadow-£1-750.36053/

Is he in Ireland or is that shipping to Ireland ?

edit: actually i see he is in jersey but can ship, ill send him a pm. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

That is very high for that quality imo.
    Would be a good trip to go get it

I sent him a message. See what happens. He is going to find out how much to ship to Ireland.

eddhorse wrote: »
    That is very high for that quality imo.
    Would be a good trip to go get it

what the shaddow or the D&G?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sardonicus

This lads a dreamer

Edit-
    Fully working may i ad

Prices vary greatly with interest. I ended up selling my STTNG (beautiful working condition) for 700 a few years back. Sold a load of lovely pins before it and getting 400 wa an effort. Ended up selling most to U.K. buyers as nobody in Ireland was interested.
    How times / trends change.

Sorry I sold the ST... :(:(

aka Defenderdude…

What other pins did you have?

What other pins did you have?

Not sure if I can remember all of them but ones that I can -

Twilight Zone
    Fish Tales (2 of them)
    The Getaway
    The Machine :Bride Of Pinbot
    WC Soccer 94
    Bram Stokers Dracula
    The Addams Family
    STTNG
    Funhouse

Think there was a few more but these were the better ones.

aka Defenderdude…

wow!
    nice collection.
    I'd love a fish tales or Drac.

The Dracula was a nice machine. Traded it with a buddy from Belfast (Lang Hunter). The Fish Tales was fun but my least favoirite. Amazing how many had simple problems and were very easy fixes. I bought them from a couple of arcade owners who had no time or interest in keeping them running.
    Unfortunately space quickly runs out in the house (as kids come along and needs change...).

I miss the occasional game but then I remember that a few hours games every few months, couldn't justify the space they need.

aka Defenderdude…

• Registered Users Posts: 4 blairfontaine

Hi all
    Just made an enquiry about this myself. Said €1500 was the min he would let it go for. Prob would be a fair price if it was in perfect working order IMHO. 
    Am on the lookout for a machine myself, so if anyone is selling in the future please keep me in mind.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi all
    Just made an enquiry about this myself. Said €1500 was the min he would let it go for. Prob would be a fair price if it was in perfect working order IMHO. 
    Am on the lookout for a machine myself, so if anyone is selling in the future please keep me in mind.
    Thanks
    If it was mint, but a machine in that state will never be mint. He's an absolute dreamer if he thinks he'll get any more than a couple of hundred at most especially as he wont even power it on let alone take photos of the boardset/playfield&underside. He should have taken the hand off the person here who offered him 400/500.
    He obviously has no clue about pinball machines and their values depending on game/playfield wear/etc if he thinks he'll get anywhere near 1700:rolleyes:.

I bought mine sold as seen(unplugged and on a pallet, you couldn't even see the playfield at all for the dust, but no rust) for 200, probably cost me another 200 and 100+ hours to make perfect. Still not mint by any means but good condition all round, I wouldn't expect to get 1500 for mine and its a better game(Mine's not for sale BTW ever).

Advertisement