Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul Festival 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

What a weekend! The lineup was absolutely fantastic - I have no idea where the misery/moany ****e on this thread comes from? Where you actually there?

Stuff I saw
    The Blaze - holy fk, some gig, the rain addedd to it!
    Kate Tempest - mega dark and powerful performance
    KKC - first time seeing them and was not disappointed, will be interesting to see if they replicate it at ATN
    K&D - were simply superb
    Spoken Word set led by Emmet Kerwin on the Woodlands - not normally my thing but I was blown away by several Irish poets
    Modeselector - yes the outages were annoying but it was still some set. Outages were not B&S fault, it was down to Modeselectors own people. Got this first hand from one of the main B&S crew.
    Sealford Mods - only stayed for a few songs, needed something a bit dancier at the time, good though.
    IamDDd - really good stuff and I would go see her again - bit more crowd interaction would be good, seems to be the way nowadays with younger artists.
    Mashrou Leia - didn't do a whole lot for me but partner really enjoyed it - comment above is odd - there was a decent enough crowd. We were half way back and ended up at the very front.
    Talos - was really looking fwd to this and enjoyed it, would have been better inside.
    Just Mustard - missed first few songs but holy moly - top of my list to see at ATN.
    TPM - was glad they were just messers and not taking themselves seriously, bit of fun.
    Meltybrains - caught last half, really good.
    Seen Mathman being interviewed at Hennessy Sound Lounge, the sound system in that area was something to behold, I could not describe it, possibly the best setup I have ever heard!
    Also caught the organizers (Jenny and Avril?) being interviewed there - pretty interesting - more on that shortly.
    Ibibio Sound System - just didn't click with me? Really enjoyed them on spotify...
    CupCakke - not my thing at all...crowd seemed to love her, left after a few songs.
    Parra for Curra - stayed for most of it enjoyed it, probably on too early in the day.
    Sssion - appalling, left after a song or two.
    Wondered down to arbutus yarns stage a few times are loved some of it, especially young squeeze box guy on the first afternoon, headed there after The Blaze to finish the festival out with Cian Finn, great craic.

Probably seen other bits and pieces but thats not bad from memory seeing the damage I put my body (and soul) through!

Overall thoughts
    Really good festival with a great atmosphere - not a single bit of agro in any shape or form.
    Reckon I seen close to 20 acts, for 180 (early bird) thats shag all.
    There was less retail than last year - probably 5-6 less in main area and maybe 4-5 in food on board area, did it make a difference, not to me...
    All the above coupled with the free flow and easiness of moving from area to area means I will be buying early bird again when they come out. it will be interesting to see how ATN compares in a few weeks time

Back to the interview with the founders - I thought they were very sincere and honest in how they put the festival together, they stated they try to get as diverse a lineup as possible (music, gender, cultural, etc). Was interesting to hear that Nick Cave was their most expensive act ever, they were a 5k capacity at the time and they broke the bank in getting him, now they are 10K they could not afford him (or words to that effect).

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Peterd66

"The incredible Body & Soul Festival is almost upon us. The summer solstice event on June 20th-22nd will see a whole host of top acts including Goldfrapp, Gary Numan, Caribou, John Grant and so many more taking to the stage. Tickets are just €55 for a Sunday ticket or €139.50 for a weekend pass. "

This was 2014 - also on the bill was Jon Hopkins, Mount Kimbie and James Holden. And those prices were in June not early bird.

Nowhere near that line up this year.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Peterd66 wrote: »
    "The incredible Body & Soul Festival is almost upon us. The summer solstice event on June 20th-22nd will see a whole host of top acts including Goldfrapp, Gary Numan, Caribou, John Grant and so many more taking to the stage. Tickets are just €55 for a Sunday ticket or €139.50 for a weekend pass. "

This was 2014 - also on the bill was Jon Hopkins, Mount Kimbie and James Holden. And those prices were in June not early bird.

Nowhere near that line up this year.

Peter

As I said - ATN has taken what remained of the lineup space for other festivals. The vast majority of artists are now locked up with either Pod or Festival Republic and can't be booked by anyone else. There's no way to compete financially either - those are behemoths in those terms.

So what can a smaller festival with a less guaranteed ticket revenue actually do?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭dav09

I personally thought it was a brilliant year and probably my favourite yet, I also think some claims about capacity are harsh, it wasn't absolutely packed like some years but I suspect maybe 10000 at it, which is probably almost perfect for its size (12k might be ideal). I found mainstage quieter than usual at times, but the Hennessy Sound Lounge and Reckless in Love seemed to have both been jam-packed at night when I been to them, along with the woodlands at times (which was usually the case previous years).

I thought the Hennessy sponsorship worked brilliantly, The Midnight Circus was visually brilliant and the sound + lighting systems were sensational at almost every stage/ venue, along with Hennessy Sound Lounge being a brilliant replacement visually, sound wise and in almost all ways to Wonderlust previous years. Also Seeming to have taken over from the Absolut bar which is not great loss really. In general, it was visually brilliant with the Hennessy sponsorship along with Bulmers working really well as well as both having good drink, although more premium prices than some festivals which I was perfectly okay with paying due to the free flow system.

I thought the comedy lineup was decent considering Vodaphone seemed to have dropped their sponsorship (as with Forbidden Fruit and a number of other festivals it seems) and thought they made the slight scale-down work very well for the festival in many ways.

What could have been done better? As constructive criticism, it goes without saying, the lineup. At the same time, it did have a very decent lineup minus it missing maybe two large headlining acts and maybe one or two smaller ones considering the recent unfortunate hyper-inflation-like scenarios around artist booking fees (it probably wont ever have as large acts as years ago unfortunately due to this, see Bestival bankruptcy case for example). I also noticed the increase in quality of a number of acts I seen in the Midnight Circus was a surprise, maybe just right place/ right time (although every year this festival highlights many great but quite unknown acts). Another small bit of criticism was Reckless in Love, I loved the position however not sure if it was visually as good as some years, it was a lot different and less unique, just artistically may have preferred previous years, but not a major complaint it still worked well. I also liked the old area where Reckless in Love was, might be nice to put another stage there if possible (if they ever scale up again).

Overall a brilliant festival, great atmosphere, great visually, great musically, and will definitely be attending next year if at all possible and hope the team are already at work securing acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Unreal weekend and probably the most fun one for me after 5 years of going in a row. All the Irish hip hop acts put on a great show on Friday night in Midnight circus, tent was rammed for each one of them and the power cut during Kneecap was mental! Everyone thought they got cancelled and loads of people stormed the stage with security nowhere to be seen:D Eventually the power came back on and they got in 2 quick songs.

Loved the way Wreckless and love and the Hennessey sound lounge were set up this year, proper dj stages with proper sound and visuals. Only thing I didn't like that stood out was the Henney bar beside midnight cucus, it looked so out of place like a big massive advertisement, but sure it was expected when Absolut weren't there this year. Maybe I was more up for it this year, but I thought the atmosphere was better than last. Seeing a lot more stages fill out quicker. The music didn't go on much past 4am each night were other years it's gone on to 5 and 6 so I was glad I bought a speaker for campsite sessions.

Unpopular opinion on here probably, but I thought the Blaze were a bit meh.. we had more fun seeing AE Mak just before them in the woods.
    Highlights for me were
    Fri: Kneecap, Jafaris, Pillow Queens, IAMDDB and Sevensol
    Sat: TPM, Meltybrains, Confidence Man(best of the wk) Ssion, Coely, Sleford Mods, Mister Saturday Night and Mother DJs
    Sunday:Dream Wife, Kate Tempest, OShun, AE Mak and Mano and Meave B2b to finish.

I was so stoned at Kate Tempest I think I cried a little bit:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

MJohnston wrote: »
    As I said - ATN has taken what remained of the lineup space for other festivals. The vast majority of artists are now locked up with either Pod or Festival Republic and can't be booked by anyone else. There's no way to compete financially either - those are behemoths in those terms.

So what can a smaller festival with a less guaranteed ticket revenue actually do?

I wonder whether exclusive arrangements are costing them so much that they are losing money? EP is profitable but FR generally make a loss, and POD have had skme concerns on this front too. Could it be that its a great time to be an established artist, but a terrible time for everyone else, and we will see large festivals struggle to break even and small festivals struggle to book decent bands?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hugeglobe

3rd year going and I think it was my favourite yet. Smaller crowd size was definitely noticable on Friday but it didn't take away from the atmosphere. Found myself going ending back up in the Hennessey tent each night, what a set up. That Hatchett soundsystem wow. Thought the crowd did well to battle through the rain on the Sunday, didn't see many people leaving early because of it and in a lot of cases it added to the atmopshere. While there was some disappointment over the lineup I think in a lot of cases it allowed Irish talent to really shine through this year, quite eye opening.

Highlights:

Friday: Kneecap packing out the Midnight Circus tent at 6pm and smashing it; Moxie - started half an hour late but well worth waiting around, don't think anyone really left the packed Arbutus Yarns area while they were sorting things out?

Saturday: Vic Crezee; Mister Saturday Night; Confidence Man; Junior Brother

Sunday: Monolink; Sim Simma; Donna Leake (gig of the weekend, there was such an amazing energy in that tent); Sassy J

I wonder whether exclusive arrangements are costing them so much that they are losing money? EP is profitable but FR generally make a loss, and POD have had skme concerns on this front too. Could it be that its a great time to be an established artist, but a terrible time for everyone else, and we will see large festivals struggle to break even and small festivals struggle to book decent bands?

I've posted it before on this thread, and others have mentioned it too, but the price that artists charge has gone up very rapidly. Live fees are the only dependable income since the switch to streaming fairly heavily killed off sales profits.

As for the various companies, I guess that was my point before - Festival Republic can afford to make losses because they're owned by the company that owns Ticketmaster. Pod, I don't know the background of, but they have such a diverse event portfolio where something like Metropolis or Forbidden Fruit can probably prop up ATN. A lot of festival gigs are just teasers for more profitable solo shows in Dublin later in the year too.

There's just no way for a relatively independent company like Body and Soul to compete with money like that.

And we all know that bigger artists tend to remain 'exclusive' to whatever top level event organisers are usually booking them. If EP books an artist, you're unlikely to see them appear at any other Irish festival for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

dav09 wrote: »
    ... considering the recent unfortunate hyper-inflation-like scenarios around artist booking fees (it probably wont ever have as large acts as years ago unfortunately due to this, see Bestival bankruptcy case for example).

cheers, i googled that bestival bankruptcy and what bands were owed, pretty interesting. london grammar owed £175k from bestival 2018. is that how much they cost?! i thought they'd be way less, in around the £50k mark. they hardly move the needle on ticket sales

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Peesh89

Fantastic weekend had! Myself and the group I was with actually really liked the lesser amount of people.. sometimes on the Sunday when more people arrive it can be hard moving through places but it was all very pleasant this year.

Three gigs we went to had sound problems - modeselektor, cupcakke and the blaze but it didn't stop any fun! Food was great, the pizzas from the place opposite midnight circus (they had a lil sit down place beside) were out of this world and always love The Cranky Yankee corn dogs at festivals.

Loved the new space for reckless in love, was a great meeting point to just say we'll see you at the bar on the right..and the Hennessy Lounge was great, Sim Simma on Sunday was delish.
    Krider and Dorfmeister were mind blowing, King Kong Company and The Blaze were in my highlights too, Parra for Cuva was great I know it was a late addition but I think a bad time slot to have him on.

Security became a bit of an issue on Sunday night/Monday morning in Us and You... The fence between the two campsites was opened in a few places and security people didn't seem to mind. There was a few undesirables about opening people's tents around us "just looking for a few leftover cans". We stopped a guy getting in to a friend's tent but he just continued to hang around so we were all a bit uneasy. Whereas on Saturday security stopped one of our group on a walk to the toilets to check he had an us and you wrist band.

We left at half eight on the Monday morning and the car park was already getting a bit dodgy with the mud... Hope it didn't get as bad as a few years ago with tractors pulling people out!

Also... Late sunday night, maybe about half one actually, we could hear a DJ playing Tourist - Run, anyone know who/where it was coming from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Peesh89 wrote: »
    Food was great, the pizzas from the place opposite midnight circus (they had a lil sit down place beside) were out of this world

Was delighted to see this place was here, at ATN last year we pretty much lived on their pizzas, they're delicious :D
    I think there was a second stall of theirs across from the orchard lounge..

Did anyone go see Fonda?
    We were heading past the orchard lounge when they were starting and there wasn't a soul in the tent :( there was actually a guy outside trying to get people in the tent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Sounds like a good few tents were robbed from the Us & You campsite looking at some of the posts in the Overheard at Body & Soul facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Was looking forward to EMBRZ all weekend. When we arrive at the entrance to the woods (around 12:45 or 1am, it was closed off. Anyone have any ideas why?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Did anyone go see Fonda?

Saw them on the Sunday afternoon in Midnight Circus. They were good but it was the wrong time to see them. Would've been better to see their Sat night Orchard Lounge set but went to see Feet instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I had an amazing six days on the festival site, Friday was a bit of a ravey day for me where I was mainly going for the electronic acts, I caught the last few numbers of Kneecap, who were very impressive and had a fairly packed tent, I can see these lads getting bigger. Watched a bit of Jafaris, who was kinda cheesy rap at times but he was enjoyable enough and who also pulled in a reasonable crowd. Had a look at the Hennessy tent where Aoife O'Neill was playing some funky tech house with a nice crowd gathered in the tent. Went to Reckless in Love where Automatic Tasty was laying down some thick techno crunch, followed by a brilliant Neil Flynn set. Kruder & Dorfmeister were incredible, one of the best main stage sounds I've heard, the highs and lows of the bass itself was nuts, chill ambient downbeat and sometimes crunchy ambient techno. I liked the reworking of Speechless, starting with a downbeat version and speeding up to the DnB original when the female vocalist kicked in. The tribute to Pink Floyd's Breathe (Reprise) was a very nice touch too. Finished the night at the Hennessy Sound Stage with Fish Go Deep's Funky house and techno. :)

Saturday myself and my friend went to check out the Living Lab tent in the main camping area, two girls were giving talks about ecological facts about the food we eat and they then created a fun eco food bingo where you could win prizes, a nice way to spend the early afternoon before the stages kicked in. We also tuned into the next bunch of speakers giving talks on Trash Talk: What Happens to Our Waste. This was ruined slightly by some guy off his head who wandered into the talk from the campsite, probably pretty wired on something, kept coming up to talk to us and not keeping a coherent conversation and asking the talkers irrelevant questions, we made a quick escape.

I checked out Reckless in Love which was celebrating Pride day and loads of folk out there dancing in all brilliant colours and breaking their moves, The Mother DJs providing their much loved playlist. My first main act to catch was Confidence Man who simply blew me away, all my buddies headed off to King Kong Company but I've seen them so many times now, I vowed to watch something fresh. Confidence Man make exceedingly refreshing ravey pop, they have that crisp production technique so beloved of Daft Punk, that sure house pomp that is spot on the beat and intensifies at very exciting levels. The band comprising of a person on electronics, keyboard & laptop whatever, a live drummer, a female and a male vocalist. One of my highlights along with K&D. A wee break then back to the campsite for doobies and drink. Special mention to Berlin Kebab, I bought a lamb kebab on Friday which was an incredible feed for 8 Euro, adorned with gorgeous feta cheese, it set me up for the day and night. Went back to Reckless in Love to catch some of Kelly Anne-Byrne, who must've had her biggest crowd yet and playing a smashing set too. Sleaford Mods put on a great set, they remind of a rave Jam although they are still rocky enough too, a decent set from them. Settled at the main stage for Modeselektor who started of promisingly with a few bangers, unfortunately there was some technical glitches which stripped the lads of any momentum, they were still very good but after the second blow out, its hard to come back. I finished the night with some more of Mother at Reckless in Love and hit the hay at 3 as I was shattered. Friday and Saturday were class sunny days kinda like last year.

Was dreadfully hungover on Sunday and the musical act to bring me out of it again was the very splendid Cian Finn in an early set at the Midnight Circus, alternating from Lovers Rock to dub and then to drum n bass and jungle even throwing in a little bit of Jon Hopkin's Open Eye Signal where I lost my marbles completely dancing all out. The lad went from 4 or 5 people at the start to a few hundred within an hour. Off to the main stage next to catch the Tulla Ceili Band accompanied by a set dancing instructor who got the audience to do some of the Clare set dances and was great craic to watch despite the drizzle which was getting progressively heavier. I think the next thing I saw was at the Woodlands Stage, Dublin Beat Poetry and rap, I think it was called Emmet Kirwan's Beats and Rhymes which was very interesting, funny and poignant.

We hung about the Hennessy Sound Lounge for an hour or two soaking in the thumping sounds of Sally Cinnamon & Pals and later the hard driving Jungle of the Hang Dai Soundsystem. Back to crew camp for a rest and maybe to catch an hour and a half shut eye. By the time I made it to the main stage at 10.30 the rain had become considerably heavier but the Blaze put on a fairly interesting show with their melancholic electronica with lovely visuals on the side screens, but alas I was just getting a tad too wet so repaired to the Midnight Circus to catching the closing act Monolink from Berlin. Now I caught Monolink two years ago at Forbidden Fruit who was the second main stage opener and played virtually to an empty ground apart from about ten people looking from the hillside, so I was so happy that this time round he had a wedged tent, probably because of the rain though but still he got a very positive reaction from the crowd. Much like R.S.A.G except Monolink sings and plays guitar over the arrangements rather than the drums, a very nice finish for the Midnight Circus. I went to the Arbutus Yarns to catch a bit of Cian Finn's set to finish my night but left after 40 minutes as was soaked to the skin and needed to get into dry clothes. A splendid weekend all the same, look out for my blog review in 3 or 4 days where I will fill in more detail as I have missed some things.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Following on from my first post...

JPTrio - was the trad band we seen on Artubus Yarn stage Friday afternoon, very impressive and I will keep my eye out for them.

Also seen a good bit of Hatchlings Friday and Saturday there and caught most of Roisin Seoige on Sunday whilst waiting for my deep tissue massage - ahhhhh. She was very talented and I would go see her again.

Mr BD - we were at the same stage a few times, if I had of spotted you at the Emmett Kirwan poetry thing (the only time I was vaguely sober :D) I would have said hello!

Just firing up the old ATN playlist now...6 weeks of studying here we go. B&S 2019 thread over and out!

Sunday.

Cian Finn at Arbutus Yarns.

The Blaze - Main Stage.

Monolink - Midnight Circus.

The Tulla Ceili Band - Main Stage.

The Tulla Ceili Band - Main Stage.

Cian Finn opening at the Midnight Circus tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Stillill42 wrote: »
    You're probably grown up enough to decide yourself whether that line-up, available to read to all and sundry for quite a while now, is worth the money or not. Did you base your attendance on the presumption that it was nearly sold out? You seem to feel you were tricked in some way, which is strange.

I'd no issue with the line up, I never go for that reason.

I just feel that it was scaled down a fair bit and the ticket prices didn't reflect that.

With it being the 10 year anniversary, I thought there'd be more of an effort and the lies about the tickets selling out beforehand was clearly a push to get tickets out the door, which I think takes away from the spirit of the festival.

Perhaps the last year and they're pocketing instead of investing.

Maybe I'm just getting old, who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Seeing it mentioned a few times on here now, but why are people thinking it's the last year? Was something mentioned about it a while back?

Was on strong acid on Saturday and I remember the main stage sound system playing this amazing track by Autechre preceding the Modeselektor gig, I had to Shazam the track as I was like, what the Phuck is that track. :)

• Advertisement

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Seeing it mentioned a few times on here now, but why are people thinking it's the last year? Was something mentioned about it a while back?

It's just people guessing based on the perceived lack of tickets sold. Honestly, I'm not really sure how good our perceptions are - all we know is that it didn't sell out of weekend tickets, but there's no indication of how close it came. Even the sense of attendance at the festival isn't really a good indication of ticket sales, because there could be plenty who bought but didn't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Was on strong acid on Saturday

LOL - fair play to ya.

Personally the idea of tripping balls for 6 hours or more with so many variables outside of my control gives me the shivers!

Sounds like you had fun though :)

Peesh89 wrote: »
    Fantastic weekend had! Myself and the group I was with actually really liked the lesser amount of people.. sometimes on the Sunday when more people arrive it can be hard moving through places but it was all very pleasant this year.

Three gigs we went to had sound problems - modeselektor, cupcakke and the blaze but it didn't stop any fun! Food was great, the pizzas from the place opposite midnight circus (they had a lil sit down place beside) were out of this world and always love The Cranky Yankee corn dogs at festivals.

Loved the new space for reckless in love, was a great meeting point to just say we'll see you at the bar on the right..and the Hennessy Lounge was great, Sim Simma on Sunday was delish.
    Krider and Dorfmeister were mind blowing, King Kong Company and The Blaze were in my highlights too, Parra for Cuva was great I know it was a late addition but I think a bad time slot to have him on.

Security became a bit of an issue on Sunday night/Monday morning in Us and You... The fence between the two campsites was opened in a few places and security people didn't seem to mind. There was a few undesirables about opening people's tents around us "just looking for a few leftover cans". We stopped a guy getting in to a friend's tent but he just continued to hang around so we were all a bit uneasy. Whereas on Saturday security stopped one of our group on a walk to the toilets to check he had an us and you wrist band.

We left at half eight on the Monday morning and the car park was already getting a bit dodgy with the mud... Hope it didn't get as bad as a few years ago with tractors pulling people out!

Also... Late sunday night, maybe about half one actually, we could hear a DJ playing Tourist - Run, anyone know who/where it was coming from?

Most likely you heard the Cian Finn set from Arbutus Yarns which went onto 2 AM, he plays a mixture of Lovers Rock, roots reggae, dub reggae, Drum n Bass and jungle. Tourist is kinda ambient drum n bass so it was mostly likely that set you heard, unless it came from the Living Lab tent at the start of the main campsite.

keithkk16 wrote: »

From what I heard from official sources is that B&S sold 9,000 tickets out of the 10,000, so not too bad for the festival.

Saturday.

Mother DJ's - Reckless In Love - Pride Anthems.

Confidence Man at Midnight Circus.

Confidence Man at Midnight Circus.

Sleaford Mods at the Main Stage.

Modeselektor at the Main Stage.

Friday.

The Living Lab Tent.

Sli An Croi - Celtic Shamanism at the Sanctuary.

Sli An Croi (2) at the Sanctuary.

KNEECAP at the Midnight Circus.

Jafaris at the Midnight Circus.

Aoife O'Neill at the Hennessy Sound Stage.

Neil Flynn at the Reckless in Love Stage.

Kruder & Dorfmeister at the Main Stage.

Kruder & Dorfmeister at the Main Stage.

Fish Go Deep closing the Hennessy Sound Stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dcunit

Was on strong acid on Saturday

Same here! perfect place to trip out for a few hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

had a great weekend, hey bodhrandude you were pointed out to me by a fellow boardsie, it was at Kneecap I think. Didn't bother go over to introduce myself, wouldn't be able to hear me anyway over the bass :D

B&S just sent out a newsletter, and it mentions a 2020 edition is in the planning. Obviously they can easily back out, but it's good to know they're at least not writing it off immediately!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 tamarahall

First of all, fantastic weekend! Started off watching Octavian who was great, midnight circus tent was lit with out-of-this-world visuals, was like another world! Caught the last half an hour of fish go deep's set, incredible as usual. Unfortunately missed jafaris, will hopefully see him one day. Finished the night off with a burger from charcoal grill opposite the Reckless in Love stage which was great.

Saturday was another incredible day of good music, started off the day with another burger from charcoal grill (great), then went straight to the comedy tent where we watched Fred Cooke who was energetic as usual, then came the first Mother DJs set at Body and Soul 2019 (Pride Anthems) on the Reckless in Love stage, can't praise them enough, so much colour and fantastic tunes, unfortunately missed Kelly-Anne Byrne but I heard great things about her set, packed out the tent. Did anyone catch Mathman? Went to the midnight circus tent to see him and was confused when there was someone else on so we thought we had missed him, turns out it was probably the hangover and he was actually playing at the Hennessy Sound Lounge, gutted! Although TPM were a great substitute! Didn't go to Confidence Man but definitely will see them at some point, heard great things about them! Junior Brother was excellent. Then we performed at the Woodlands Stage at 10:30pm (Proper Micro NV), enjoyed every minute, hope everyone enjoyed it! Crew were perfect. Mother DJs closed out the night perfectly, brilliant atmosphere and plenty of colour, loved them.

Sunday was also very good, caught some of Cian Finn's set in the Midnight Circus tent and thought he was incredible, fantastic production and powerful vocals. Taranoia podcast on the Woodlands Stage was also extremely powerful. Thought Parra For Curva was phenomenal at the Midnight Circus tent. Kate Tempest also delivered a compelling set on the main stage. Followed by five lamps, we then watched Oshun who were fantastic on the Midnight Circus tent, very entertaining with great background visuals and energy.

Overall an incredible weekend that I'll never forget, peace.

Advertisement