Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee 2019 - Stage 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

We had to sign a non disclosure before doing the test, so I wouldn’t be allowed to talk about questions that came up on the test unfortunately.

Oh yeah no worries at all :) Say your delighted its over anyways, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I have been looking but haven't came across any info on an idea for dress code? I would assume jeans and a t shirt would be fine for males but anyone any insight?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

I have been looking but haven't came across any info on an idea for dress code? I would assume jeans and a t shirt would be fine for males but anyone any insight?

There is no dress code, your just a number at this stage I wouldn’t worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Crafty_Veteran

We had to sign a non disclosure before doing the test, so I wouldn’t be allowed to talk about questions that came up on the test unfortunately.

I'd say you are great craic at parties Buzz :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

I'd say you are great craic at parties Buzz :cool:

Well considering it isn’t all that difficult for PAS to identify candidates on this, I’m not risking a future career to give some people hints ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 toconn123

Could anyone give an insight into what’s involved in the written report?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

toconn123 wrote: »
    Could anyone give an insight into what’s involved in the written report?

A career services course is definitely worth doing on this..

Keep everything factual, no opinions and all in the past tense as it was seen. Take shorthand notes while listening to the clip and then put it into a full report with as many key points as you get! Practice the ****e out of it too because it goes fairly fast

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Martin125

I'm mid 700s sitting stage 2 on Monday. For anyone who has done it so far is the audio for the report writing really as quick as say garda IP etc? Struggling to get all the info down. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lynch1990

Hey guys, just did my report writing exercise today. I feel like I messed up. I wrote down the wrong names when writing the report and had to rewrite the entire report within 10 minutes before the time ended. I missed a few numbers on the contact numbers , didn’t get the full addresses either. I made a mistake with the names too and had to cross it out and put the correct one over it. Anyone know if I’m screwed lol? Will crossing things out or messy work have a significant impact on my result?

I did write over a page and got the names write so I don’t know if that content will stand to me. I just felt I was proper struggling after having to rewrite the report.

Anyone with experience of report writing I would like to know what you think. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

lynch1990 wrote: »
    Hey guys, just did my report writing exercise today. I feel like I messed up. I wrote down the wrong names when writing the report and had to rewrite the entire report within 10 minutes before the time ended. I missed a few numbers on the contact numbers , didn’t get the full addresses either. I made a mistake with the names too and had to cross it out and put the correct one over it. Anyone know if I’m screwed lol? Will crossing things out or messy work have a significant impact on my result?

I did write over a page and got the names write so I don’t know if that content will stand to me. I just felt I was proper struggling after having to rewrite the report.

Anyone with experience of report writing I would like to know what you think. Cheers.

Did it similar to myself a few years ago, getting some patchy information is better then nothing. They are expecting messes and cross outs as it is an exam situation, nothing like writing a report in the station. Don't put yourself down as it is over now and enjoy the stressful waiting untill results are out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 lynch1990

Hey, thanks for the reply.To be honest, I am a bit down about it as I’ve studied flat out for 3 weeks practicing everyday. Just the pressure of not being able to sit it again until next year screwed with me a bit. I failed report writing last year too. Would you know how long it typically takes for them to send out the next round of invitations?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

lynch1990 wrote: »
    Hey, thanks for the reply.To be honest, I am a bit down about it as I’ve studied flat out for 3 weeks practicing everyday. Just the pressure of not being able to sit it again until next year screwed with me a bit. I failed report writing last year too. Would you know how long it typically takes for them to send out the next round of invitations?

How long is a piece of string haha, can depend on who drops out,how many are doing tests and all that. The longest bit is yet to come(vetting) can take months or even more then a year for some, so try get distracted by something rather then waiting for an inbox!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mooju

Did mine today, for those that havent done it yet its nothing to get panicked over as long as you actually did the stage one yourself and then looked into the report a bit. Be on the ball with the numbers and names i missed couple of these. Best of luck :D
    PS if the girl in the last group today that offered to mind my phone in her bag is here, gimme a shout :P:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

mooju wrote: »
    Did mine today, for those that havent done it yet its nothing to get panicked over as long as you actually did the stage one yourself and then looked into the report a bit. Be on the ball with the numbers and names i missed couple of these. Best of luck :D
    PS if the girl in the last group today that offered to mind my phone in her bag is here, gimme a shout :P:rolleyes:

Ever an opportunist, i like your style!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Quick one all, do you need to provide a print out version of the invitation to attend the Assessment Centre or will a screenshot on your phone do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭ Josie Harsh Treasurer

SquireD wrote: »
    Quick one all, do you need to provide a print out version of the invitation to attend the Assessment Centre or will a screenshot on your phone do?

Screenshot is fine. Bring a bag to keep your phone in when doing the test though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mar_mar27

Congratulations everyone on making it to stage two! And good luck to everyone heading up to Dublin tomorrow. Just covering all bases and throwing it out there to anyone who didn't catch what you need to bring with you tomorrow because i have not seen anyone mention it.

1. Printed screen copy of your invitation to stage 2.
    2. Photo identification (Passport/drivers licence)
    3. Pass port photo with you candidate id and signature on the back.

Mar_mar27 wrote: »
    Congratulations everyone on making it to stage two! And good luck to everyone heading up to Dublin tomorrow. Just covering all bases and throwing it out there to anyone who didn't catch what you need to bring with you tomorrow because i have not seen anyone mention it.

1. Printed screen copy of your invitation to stage 2.
    2. Photo identification (Passport/drivers licence)
    3. Pass port photo with you candidate id and signature on the back.

Are you tomorrow aswell? what time you in at? :)

I am travelling from Galway so I took the later one of 14.45

Travelling from Galway so took the later time slot of 14.45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 ericoh97

if anyone would like help or advice on any of the stages feel free to give me a private message. I’ve gone through the recruitment process and templemore and currently a member, would have no problem helping people out.

Mar_mar27 wrote: »
    Travelling from Galway so took the later time slot of 14.45

Well what did you think? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 al1990

Anybody up today? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Hi all, just checking in with everyone. Well done to those already who sat the stage 2 exams & best of luck to ever going forward. I’m curious to see where the OOM is at? If anyone could keep us updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Just wondering anyone who did the verbal reasoning already. How were ye for time? I’m abit worried I won’t get a lot done in the time. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

mooju wrote: »

How did you find the verbal reasoning?

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Hi all, just checking in with everyone. Well done to those already who sat the stage 2 exams & best of luck to ever going forward. I’m curious to see where the OOM is at? If anyone could keep us updated.

I think there still at the first 900

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Macu17ab

How did you get on with the report writing Sazo? I'm going over the material all week - quite happy I bought the career services course to get used to the appropriate layout before I get to it on Friday!

The report was grand, not half as much info required as there is in the career services or Garda IP however the vidoes change so yours could be completely different!

Best of luck with it hope it goes well for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 dave143

Anyone know how much of a margin of difference can be between repeats in stage 2 and stage 1. Feel like i prob did a little worse in non verbal than stage 1. Hopefully enough to get through.

Advertisement