Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sales Note from Estate Agent

• 25-06-2019 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Can anyone tell me what the timeline is for having an offer accepted on a property to receiving a sales note from the estate agent?

Paid a booking deposit 8 days ago, just wondering is it time to start pestering or are my expectations out of line. TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Got mine straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Looly8726

eddl wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the timeline is for having an offer accepted on a property to receiving a sales note from the estate agent?

Paid a booking deposit 8 days ago, just wondering is it time to start pestering or are my expectations out of line. TIA.

Would be pressing for it now tbh. Have you provided your solicitors details to the agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eddl

Looly8726 wrote: »
    Would be pressing for it now tbh. Have you provided your solicitors details to the agent?

Yes, they have contact details for us and our solicitor. Left a message for the agent to call me back yesterday but heard nothing so far so starting to worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

What is a sales note?
    Who is supposed to receive it, the buyer or their solicitor?
    I haven't received one yet, that I know of, unless my solicitor has.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭happyfriday74

You should get this really quickly after going sales agreed. Normally the same day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Did you get a receipt for the booking deposit? And did it include details of the house you are purchasing?

Follow up with them for the receipt anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

A letter should have gone to both solicitors immediately on receipt of the deposit. I would be banging the door down at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

So it goes to the solicitor? I must ask if they received it.
    I didn't get a receipt of the booking deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

You should probably get a copy of the sales note too.

Ring them to request both.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

We send a copy to the purchaser, vendor and both solicitors, pick up the phone as if its an old school agent, they may only send them to the solicitors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 eddl

Askthe EA wrote: »
    We send a copy to the purchaser, vendor and both solicitors, pick up the phone as if its an old school agent, they may only send them to the solicitors.

That's exactly what happened, everything was sent via snail mail a few days later to the solicitor but not us. Sorted now.

Thanks all :)

Advertisement