Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

I'm really liking Western Stars .... What do people think... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,758 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

laros wrote: »
    I'm really liking western Stars .... What do people think... ?

Very good album. Sounds similar too wrecking ball and some of the 90s stuff. Will it be played live when hes on tour next ??? Hard to knw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Incredibly disappointing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's very nice, it's reminding me of Magic quality wise. There are some very strong tunes there, the last album didn't have anything as nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

poundhound wrote: »
    Incredibly disappointing!

Given the rave reviews I was somewhat underwhelemd but it needs a few listens I would think

There's 4 or 5 cracking tunes on there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Have listened to it solidly for last few days. It's brilliant. Something incredibly heartwarming and intimate about it. The title track is one of the best songs he's ever done...it gets you right in the feels.

Plus I've generally loved hearing mainstream artists using a pedal steel guitar in their music and it makes perfect sense on this album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

One word, familiar.

I like familiar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Have only listen to it once but really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Slane 2020?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Somebody on here mentioned that as Slane is an MCD venue, its unlikely he will play there as he is an Aiken client.

GBX wrote: »
    Somebody on here mentioned that as Slane is an MCD venue, its unlikely he will play there as he is an Aiken client.

You are correct of course but since the fire Mountcharles will do business with anyone.You may still be proved right (hopefully).

GBX wrote: »

Slane is an absolute chore to attend for gigs. It's the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭John DoeReMi

Have to say I was severely underwhelmed at first listen, sounds very bland to my ears.

Have to say I was severely underwhelmed at first listen, sounds very bland to my ears.

Give it a few more listens and turn it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭fafy

ankaragucu wrote: »
    You are correct of course but since the fire Mountcharles will do business with anyone.You may still be proved right (hopefully).

Ya, it has been mostly MCD acts over a very long period of time, since mif ‘90’s approx, but Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie and Neil Young were all Aiken gigs at Slane.

But i agree, that doesent necessarily mean, its currently impossible for an act from the aikens stable, to play there, unless someone else knows different and MCD have this venue locked down to themselves

fafy wrote: »
    Ya, it has been mostly MCD acts over a very long period of time, since mif ‘90’s approx, but Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie and Neil Young were all Aiken gigs at Slane.

But i agree, that doesent necessarily mean, its currently impossible for an act from the aikens stable, to play there, unless someone else knows different and MCD have this venue locked down to themselves

If they didn't do it for the 25th or 30th anniversary, they're not gonna do it now.

If they didn't do it for the 25th or 30th anniversary, they're not gonna do it now.

Its all really deoendant on the act who is available and one who is touring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Do what? Sorry I’m tired!

Nunu wrote: »
    Do what? Sorry I’m tired!

Slane gig.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I like the album, nice and relaxing listen.

Was watching the Netflix special a few days ago, I'd love to see him do a show like that in the Olympia, but with more songs and less chat.

Please dear lord not Slane. A bit of rain and the day is fking ruined. A couple of RDS gigs would do me just fine!

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Give it a few more listens and turn it up!

Bought it Saturday, went home, stuck it on the turntable, opened a bottle of wine and had a proper listen. It's the simple pleasures in life... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Bought it Saturday, went home, stuck it on the turntable, opened a bottle of wine and had a proper listen. It's the simple pleasures in life... :)

That's the way to do it. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,758 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saw Blinded by the light today

Very enjoyable, decent story, some great acting and great music

A concert movie is on the way apparently

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Saw Blinded by the light today

Very enjoyable, decent story, some great acting and great music

A concert movie is on the way apparently

Gonna see it during the week. Out of interest, were there many at the screening?

He’s releasing his ‘’86 live appearance at The Bridge School Benefit shortly, looks good, and digital only release, from what i can see.

This was post BITUSA tour and accousticcy

http://m.live.brucespringsteen.net/bsmobile.asp#show?show=22746

• Advertisement

fafy wrote: »
    He’s releasing his ‘’86 live appearance at The Bridge School Benefit shortly, looks good, and digital only release, from what i can see.

This was post BITUSA tour and accousticcy

http://m.live.brucespringsteen.net/bsmobile.asp#show?show=22746

Hes released it. Excellent quality. Love a bit of proper acoustic Bruce.

Still pissed off he didn't tour the new album.

Advertisement