Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Home Automation Bargain Alerts thread - No General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Uriel. wrote: »
    Got the same.
    Laughed at the "perhaps you have already even wondered about the unusual price." line. Yeah we knew what you were at...

Too good to be true, oh well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Some Hue deals of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Might be of interest to someone. Tichome mini down to 59 euros with free delivery. Its basically a portable waterproof google mini. Got one before for a shower. Nice to listen to radio or music. Get rougly a week out of it using it once a day when having a shower and turning it off fully after shower. A light flashes when battery is low so you'll know when it needs to be charged.

https://www.mobvoi.com/eu/pages/tichomemini-landing

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Home Hubs down to €89 at Dublin airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

• Advertisement

Google homes are €99 at Harvey Norman.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

Philips hue deal on amazon Italy.

4 x white & colour ambiance E14 bulbs (2 twin packs) for 87.50 euro delivered to Ireland.

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0748KLR3B?pf_rd_p=c1641b05-997a-435e-b908-b6e32bb1e1c4&pf_rd_r=H5741FZ3EK3XBP3MASKQ

Its part of a promotion, 40% off certain Philips hue items when you purchase two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭lau1247

Anyone looking for a nest hello. This may be a bargain at about 170 euro.

https://www.toolstation.com/nest-hello-video-doorbell/p74557

Use promo code JUNE19 (valid until tonight) to get £25 off for spending £150.

The only caveat is that for first order with them, they will only deliver to the same billing address which has to be a UK address as they don't deliver here. So unless you have a card and billing address in the UK, you may need family or friend's help from UK

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

lau1247 wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a nest hello. This may be a bargain at about 170 euro.

https://www.toolstation.com/nest-hello-video-doorbell/p74557

Use promo code JUNE19 (valid until tonight) to get £25 off for spending £150.

The only caveat is that for first order with them, they will only deliver to the same billing address which has to be a UK address as they don't deliver here. So unless you have a card and billing address in the UK, you may need family or friend's help from UK

You can download Revolut, sign up and use the virtual card to pay in sterling and use parcel motel/wizard

You can download Revolut, sign up and use the virtual card to pay in sterling and use parcel motel/wizard

i have my normal revolut but because it is registered to my irish address, it wouldn't go through.

Also thought of signing to new revolut account with AddressPal, unfortunately unverified account cannot be used until it is verified which i have no uk address documents.

Did i miss a step? because i was racking my brains for ideas for quite a while.

In the end i managed to get a family member to help out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

i have my normal revolut but because it is registered to my irish address, it wouldn't go through.

Also thought of signing to new revolut account with AddressPal, unfortunately unverified account cannot be used until it is verified which i have no uk address documents.

You just need to change address settings... Take out eircode or Irish post code

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I paid with my revolut card via PayPal with Parcel Motel and it went through fine. It was previously rejected before I used PayPal.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I paid with my revolut card via PayPal with Parcel Motel and it went through fine. It was previously rejected before I used PayPal.

Odd, I was trying that too but paypal didn't allow me to change the country as part of address. I can only get Irish addresses added.

Steps I took:
    Log in > Setting > Accounts > '+' beside addresses > After the field for Town/City, it only allow me to choose irish counties/breakdown of dublin postal district.

not sure where I'm going wrong but I don't see how I can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Odd, I was trying that too but paypal didn't allow me to change the country as part of address. I can only get Irish addresses added.

Steps I took:
    Log in > Setting > Accounts > '+' beside addresses > After the field for Town/City, it only allow me to choose irish counties/breakdown of dublin postal district.

I added Parcel Motel as delivery and billing address on the Tool Station site, then clicked the PayPal button and logged in. I didn't have to change or add any other addresses. I already had my Revolut card added to my PayPal.

Unfortunately the promo code is no longer working.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Steps I took:

Limitation of PayPal - country for life... Imagine my frustration when I moved from Italy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I got a google home mini ceiling mount for my bathroom. Luckily had access through the attic so very neat job with no visible wiring.
    Might be of interest to someone. Tichome mini down to 59 euros with free delivery. Its basically a portable waterproof google mini. Got one before for a shower. Nice to listen to radio or music. Get rougly a week out of it using it once a day when having a shower and turning it off fully after shower. A light flashes when battery is low so you'll know when it needs to be charged.

https://www.mobvoi.com/eu/pages/tichomemini-landing

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

digitaldr wrote: »
    I got a google home mini ceiling mount for my bathroom. Luckily had access through the attic so very neat job with no visible wiring.

What kind of IP rating does it have ?

Google mini is 5v so no shock risk. It's mounted well away from the shower and I have a humidity controlled smart fan so very little mosture build up in the bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

I'd be interested in doing this as well. Where did you get the mount?

I got it on Amazon UK but it's no longer available there. You can buy it direct from the manufacturer in the USA or on amazon.com - didn't check the shipping costs. Only thing I don't like is the that it's got a shiny finish - will probably get around to spraying it matt white at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kennM

Google mini is 5v so no shock risk. It's mounted well away from the shower and I have a humidity controlled smart fan so very little mosture build up in the bathroom.

Personally I'd recommend something like the UE Blast, portable waterproof rugged and voice controlled. Have it in the bathroom and it's great. Prob something similar with google if that's your preference.

Hope it helps.... more versatile also and can bring anywhere.

I actually wanted something that didn't need charging and couldn't be knicked by the kids.

Some good reductions on Hue starter kits, sensors and strip lighting

Starter kit with colour bulbs £110
    Sensors down to £30

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=hue&ref=nb_sb_noss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Blink camera systems 50% off today

Blink XT Home Security Camera System | with Motion Detection, Wall Mount, HD Video, 2-year Battery Life and Cloud Storage Included | 1-Camera Kit https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075RHX3WP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_VKUgDb93RKSRQ

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭carq

Looks like my tichome is held up by irish customs :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭deezell

Mod Edit.

Advice removed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Mod edit, Quoted post removed

Are you explicitly advocating for fraud and tax evasion?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭carq

I only have an email receipt and the value can be changed by just replacing a 5 with a 2 .
    What are repurcussions - on slip it said goods can be siezed. so to make an 8 euro saving i would be risking 60 euro already spent which does not seem worth the risk to me. there is no escaping the 10 euro an post charge.

Mod edit,

Quoted reported text removed, and removed again.

• Advertisement

UPS managed to make €150 out of $90, by misreading invoices attached to goods (goods from Turkey, paid in us$)

Advertisement