Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens v HKC v Pyronix

• 07-02-2019 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Getting quotes shortly on wireless installation for self monitoring. I have front and back doors requiring contact and shocks, four windows requiring shock sensors, and want two PIR sensors too. Old alarm in place with wired bell box so should reduce installation effort a little.

I thought Siemens would be best but chap who called out said they dont do Shock sensors, would have to be third party wireless sensor and won't work as smoothly on app. PSA approved installer etc.

Keen to avoid the HKC annual fee for self monitoring.

Never came across Pyronix in my research but he advised this would probably be the cheapest option while still conforms to usual standards and has decent app for self monitoring.

Advice appreciated
    1. Is it true that Siemens don't do shock sensors
    2. Is Pyronix a good alternative to Siemens and HKC?
    3. Any other recommendations?

Based in Leixlip.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

elbyrneo wrote: »
    Hi there

Getting quotes shortly on wireless installation for self monitoring. I have front and back doors requiring contact and shocks, four windows requiring shock sensors, and want two PIR sensors too. Old alarm in place with wired bell box so should reduce installation effort a little.

I thought Siemens would be best but chap who called out said they dont do Shock sensors, would have to be third party wireless sensor and won't work as smoothly on app. PSA approved installer etc.

Never came across Pyronix in my research but he advised this would probably be the cheapest option while still conforms to usual standards and has decent app for self monitoring.

Advice appreciated

Based in Leixlip.

Thanks

Siemens don't do wireless shock sensors but other brands like Risco can be added if you wish.
    Pyronix wouldn't be my choice of system but they are an option.
    GSD would be another good option for wired and wireless. Like Siemens they have free options on the apps also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi there

Advice appreciated

Based in Leixlip.

Thanks

They dont but Id agree with the installer, adding a bridge to add shock sensors would not be the path Id be advising but it can be done.
    Do you know which Pyronix system?
    You could also add a GSM/Q to the system for self monitoring using your own 2G sim card.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

altor wrote: »
    They dont but Id agree with the installer, adding a bridge to add shock sensors would not be the path Id be advising but it can be done.
    Do you know which Pyronix system?
    You could also add a GSM/Q to the system for self monitoring using your own 2G sim card.

Thanks. Not sure on the exact Pyronix model but should receive details soon with quotes etc. Will add it all up then!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

KoolKid wrote: »
    Siemens don't do wireless shock sensors but other brands like Risco can be added if you wish.
    Pyronix wouldn't be my choice of system but they are an option.
    GSD would be another good option for wired and wireless. Like Siemens they have free options on the apps also.

Thanks, will look up GSD too. Any particular concerns on Pyronix?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Nothing in particular. If someone wanted it I'd be happy to install. Just not a fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks. Not sure on the exact Pyronix model but should receive details soon with quotes etc. Will add it all up then!

Battery life on Pyronix detectors isn't great, 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭philboy

Which system did you go for in the end and how do you find it?

I'm in a similar situation. I recently purchased a 3 bed semi that is wired for PIR only. I would like to get wireless contacts and shock sensors for the doors and windows. I would also like to self monitor and have an App but don't want monthly subscription fees like with HKC.

If you want to get avoid ongoing charges like HKCs look at Aritech (GE), GSD or Risco. Siemens Vanderbilt don't do wireless shock sensors that would be recommended for your windows/doors.

Advertisement