Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aphex Twin

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

This is savage, serious Squarepusher

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've had NTS streaming as much as possible over the weekend. Some brilliant stuff. Very grateful to here and twitter to have been reminded of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

there is so much i want to listen again , i'll be scouring mixcloud all week

First couple are starting to appear on the NTS mixcloud account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I see that Home festival in Italy had to cancel one of their stages, the particular one that Aphex was supposed to be playing at, all the artists affected are: APHEX TWIN, JON HOPKINS, PUSHA-T, MODESELEKTOR, ADAM BEYER, MURA MASA, THE VACCINES, MOODYMANN. Probably the best stage at this actual festival and its not happening, jaysus.

From translated English at their website:

Home Venice Festival organization apologizes for the inconvenience. For any further information, questions and requests, you can contact a dedicated line. The email address is: ticketing@homefestival.eu and the phone number is: +39 366 2301378 from 10.00 to 13.00 and 15.00-19.00. The organization shall also notify: “We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience. San Giuliano park has been interested by large construction work due to the event's preparation, some of them have just finished. This is the reason why we had to reconsider the event's area and cancel one of the stages. Safety will always be our first priority. We apologize with the artists and their fans. We would also like to thank the artists for the understanding and the cooperation shown”. "

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

A mix you lot might like , got aphex , autechre and some other electronic and ambient tunes on

https://www.mixcloud.com/peteee/late-night-mixture-6/

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

Some more details about the upcoming London show.

https://thequietus.com/articles/27073-aphex-twin-printworks-live-stream

Really looking forward to this.

• Advertisement

So surprisingly no discussions about his set in London last night, it sounded like a majority of tracks came from his soundcloud dump, heard tinkly piano track over an hour into set, sounds like Polygon Window outtake of if it really is me from surfing in sine waves. The only other clip with this track I've heard is from RockNess festival in Scotland 2010.

I also recognised Red Calx going into Stone in Focus and I swear I heard Fork Rave too, this was a hard hitting acid techno set with some nice DnB and jungle moments and probably one of the first to not feature a Gabba moment, I took a wee video clip of my projector screen, i hope you like my Glaswegian style Beavis and Butthead commentary. :)

Well it looks like Richard has uploaded the full gig clocking in over two hours instead of the expected hour and a half which is all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I've been watching that a lot over the last few days, it's really incredible. Next time he announces a show in europe I'm going to book flights and go. I should have gone to that London show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I was at it, it was really good but could've been better. People rave about the sound in printworks as well but I thought the bass did him a disservice at some points. Maybe I was too far back. It was a bit slow to start for the first 20mins, I actually thought he might have been taking the piss in the beginning (as he's known to do) but the last hour was great.

Mad but brilliant

Woo hoo! Wake aN Blake is back.

Any Tuss fans out there have been really digging the Rushup Edge album and Confederation Trough EP. Favourites are Synthacon 9, Last Rushup 10, Rushup Bank 12, Death Fcuk, Goodbye Rute, Fredugolon 6, Alspacka and GX1 Solo. I find it really bridges the gap between Drukqs - AFX's Analord and Orphaned Deejay Selek 2006 - 2008 to Syro and Collapse and from 2005 to at least 2012 Richard featured lots of the Tuss tracks in his sets, dropping about five of them at the RockNess festival set in 2010.

some nice warp stuff released today

• Advertisement

Warp records box set just arrived, can’t wait to get stuck into it.

The sleeves are beautiful

Got my new Aphex Twin Collapse t-shirt through Aliexpress last Tuesday. :)

73375538_10217924435036683_4408364246614671360_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=mt39P1NGBlgAQmaaP3Y0gkWN0WbuoP2vIcwz1M_yL8P1RX9UY1ZeavSfg&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=b4df788cdd25383f325183b5a18e4f9e&oe=5E49727E

The boards of canada peel session is so good. Not sure if its online anywhere but if it is its worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭TTTT

MadYaker wrote: »
    The boards of canada peel session is so good. Not sure if its online anywhere but if it is its worth a listen.

here

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

Aphex's set from Manchester last September will be streamed this Thursday.
    Happy Christmas to all
    (7\)

https://thequietus.com/articles/27609-aphex-twin-warehouse-project-broadcast-boxing-day

That was fúcking excellent. I'm glad I stayed in tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭buried

A Nothing immediately related to the man himself bump but this LP was released last Friday and RDJ has been playing a lot of this mans tunes in his various sets the last few years through the Aquarian/AQXDM moniker. LP is very good, can see why Richard be enjoying all this work, very very good, well worth checking out this stuff

https://boomkat.com/products/the-snake-that-eats-itself

https://open.spotify.com/album/3sKJMbg55LgZNivKvR9wqq?si=lR9Jkt_jTBSI_GGKjxmy8Q

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement

So do you think Aphex Twin will come up with some experimental music that can kill the Coronavirus stone dead. :)

Advertisement