Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Abbey127 wrote: »
    Hi does anybody know how the prison service feels about tattoos? Once they are coverd is it ok ? Do they wear short or long sleeve shirts on the job .

Nothing above the neck or on your hands. Once you can cover it with a shirt you'll be fine, even if it's on display in a short sleeve shirt.

Speaking from my own experience

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Phillip k

Hi has anyone got the Familiarisation Material yet ? And what it covers. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Phillip k wrote: »
    Hi has anyone got the Familiarisation Material yet ? And what it covers. Thanks in advance

Haven’t received it yet either and I don’t know what it covers exactly.
    We should get it this week hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

Hi does anybody know how the prison service feels about tattoos? Once they are coverd is it ok ? Do they wear short or long sleeve shirts on the job .

Common sense prevails here. Some Lads have serious tatts , some exposed on their arms but nowhere else. You'd be very lucky to get through with stuff on your neck , hands etc. It would be a rather large no-no I would say....

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Morning all.....is anybody having trouble trying to type out the the IPS clearance form?
    This has to be typed and cannot be hand written?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Arod13

JJss1988 wrote: »
    Morning all.....is anybody having trouble trying to type out the the IPS clearance form?
    If you go to print then select enable editing,type in your answers and details then print.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 packerdempsey

Hey guys, going to have an interview soon with the PAD people but I was thrown a wobbler when a friend of mine pointed out I might be disqualified in the medical examination for having a lazy and weak eye. Can anyone speak to this? Is it worth my time pursuing the interview and everything if my eye would just have me taken out of consideration as soon as I got to the next stage?
    New here, but thanks in advance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Arod13

Hey guys, going to have an interview soon with the PAD people but I was thrown a wobbler when a friend of mine pointed out I might be disqualified in the medical examination for having a lazy and weak eye. Can anyone speak to this? Is it worth my time pursuing the interview and everything if my eye would just have me taken out of consideration as soon as I got to the next stage?
    Definitely go for your interview.your friend said “MIGHT”,unless he’s a doctor he has as much knowledge on the situation as I do!1 thing I do know is if you don’t go for your interview you will DEFINITELY be disqualified!you’ve earned your interview,go pass it and let the doctors decide if your sight is good enough!
    Best of luck.

Arod13 wrote: »
    Definitely go for your interview.your friend said “MIGHT”,unless he’s a doctor he has as much knowledge on the situation as I do!1 thing I do know is if you don’t go for your interview you will DEFINITELY be disqualified!you’ve earned your interview,go pass it and let the doctors decide if your sight is good enough!
    Best of luck.

Hey I see what you mean. Thank you! Id better go prepare so..

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

Prepare for your interview! and book an eye test? If you can I know it can cost alot but an optometrist would be the best person for you to speak to and they will give you a thorough eye exam. They will also know about minimum vision requirements for medical tests so I suggest that. I went to specsavers myself found them very good and you can also do like a preliminary hearing test

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Filling out the security clearance form....I have 13 Aunts and uncles....I dont know half their addresses. What should I do?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

Hi does anyone know how to locate the application form you filled out at the start I can't seem to find it on public jobs .

Thanks in advance

I found it it's grand thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SmashFaceAndy1

Hi does anyone know how to locate the application form you filled out at the start I can't seem to find it on public jobs .

Thanks in advance

Is it nessasary to bring your application for the job?
    I hadn't seen that in the requirements for the interview day!

Is it nessasary to bring your application for the job?
    I hadn't seen that in the requirements for the interview day!

You don't need to bring but I'd say going over it and knowing what you out down would be a good strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Has anyone had their interview yet! And how did you find it?

Has anyone had their interview yet! And how did you find it?

Mines Monday so I'll update then :)

Have to say it was tough but if you think about your answer you'll do fine, written exam isnt too hard just listen and take notes, group session is all about teamwork so while you need to get your voice across let everyone have a say and come to a mutual decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ddmam

Have interviews finished now? Anyone know when we might get results?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

Hi Guys what number are they up to with Interviews now?

• Advertisement

Hi can anyone tell me how much I would be looking at weekly? Would it be around 650 after tax ?
    Also do you get paid weekly or monthly

Thanks in advance

Have to say it was tough but if you think about your answer you'll do fine, written exam isnt too hard just listen and take notes, group session is all about teamwork so while you need to get your voice across let everyone have a say and come to a mutual decision.

I’m sure your glad it’s over! Thanks for feedback, were there many for interviews?

I’m sure your glad it’s over! Thanks for feedback, were there many for interviews?

12 in my group I think. I was sweating after the interview its intense!

Je I thought there would be more! I’m just anxious as I’m waiting to be called and wondering where about they are regarding numbers! I’m not too far down but this waiting!!!

Did anyone eles have there interview today how did you find it ? I felt it could have gone better some of the questions where hard .

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JD1982

Did anyone eles have there interview today how did you find it ? I felt it could have gone better some of the questions where hard .

You might have done great and just being too hard on yourself.

What questions did the ask you that has you feeling that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Arsenal91

When will we know the results of our interviews does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

Does anybody know how far they are up the panel for interviews I’m in the
    200’s just wondering will I be called soon or at all

Does anybody know how far they are up the panel for interviews I’m in the
    200’s just wondering will I be called soon or at all

Hi had mine during the week I was below 50 not sure where they are but you won't be waiting that long maybe a month at most

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 JD1982

JJss1988 wrote: »

Where did you find the clearance form link?

Advertisement