Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Whoever it was in the PGA admin who paired De chambollox and Day together must need their heads examined, I don't like Casey but kind of felt sorry for him being paired with those two

• Registered Users Posts: 27,007 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

^
    I know what we'll do, we'll put the two slow guys together then its only one slow group!

oh...wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

Paul Casey is every bit as slow as both of them guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭abff

Actually, there is logic to putting slow players together. It gives them a taste of their only medicine and forces them to speed up in order to avoid being put on the clock and possibly penalised.

• abff wrote: »
    Actually, there is logic to putting slow players together. It gives them a taste of their only medicine and forces them to speed up in order to avoid being put on the clock and possibly penalised.

Koepka has the right idea. Slows down early on or goes to the toilet or something so the whole group is placed on the clock. Then they are forced to play at his normal pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

If there is one thing in Golf I despise, it is slow play, and you can definitely see it filtering through to some club players following what some of the pro players are doing. I can understand that some shots at crucial times in tournaments need more attention, but some lads absolutely take the p1ss

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

I can't stand slow golfers. I don't care who they are. Yes they can all have a slow shot but consistent slow I can't support that player and Dunner is in that group

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

JB Holmes seems to always get lambasted for slow play yet media darlings Day and Rose are just as bad yet it's never mentioned

Final round 64 for Viktor Hovland in his 2nd event as a pro, currently T7. Had a good debut last week also. I heard Rich Beem during the US open predicting that he'd make the Ryder cup next year, one to watch for sure, it'll be interesting to see how he gets on.

Big win for Nate Lashley who has a fairly heartbreaking backstory

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2019/06/29/rocket-mortgage-classic-nate-lashley-personal-loss/39639931/
    While a junior at Arizona, his parents and girlfriend were killed in a plane crash on their way home from watching him compete at the 2004 NCAA West Regional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,484 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah, absolutely delighted for Lashley. It could be the start of something really special too. He was pretty awesome this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

Just shows how someones life can change in 7 days.
    They have just finished 1,2 on the PGA tour yesterday

This was last Monday 24th June, taken from Monday qualifying on twitter

'On mon these 2 guys were playing at a course about an hr away from Detroit CC After the round there was 1 media member and maybe 10 fans. When they posted Redman's score up on handwritten scoreboard and he got a few handshakes. Lashley walked directly to his car'

Has Wolfe dropped JP for good? Or is it just for this week?

Pretty short lived relationship if so.

This is a bit of a cracker tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Unreal finish

That was insane would have been great to see the last eagle putt drop but wow

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭rooney30

A sucker punch to De Chambeau, It was beautiful

• Has Wolfe dropped JP for good? Or is it just for this week?

Pretty short lived relationship if so.

Looks like he dropped him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

That was some finish. Bryson was too cocky thinking that the youngsters don't know how to win. Nice to see him getting stuffed.

Great finish, this Wolff lad has been given a huge buildup, didn't take him long to justify it :eek:

• Advertisement

Great finish. Someone on here tipping him to do big things a couple of months ago. Brilliant shout now!!

• Wolff's swing is absolutely ridiculous looking. But he is in a good position at impact so that's the main thing I suppose. Mad looking swing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Bump for the Sunday showdown
    Nice leaderboard to keep the interest going into the eve

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Koepka makes birdie, Rory misses an easy putt for what would be a great up and down. Can't afford to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭bren2001

Is this on the red button? Sky golf showing the senior open

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

bren2001 wrote: »

starting at 8pm i think

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

bren2001 wrote: »

Flicking inbetween at moment, with emphasis on Senior Open

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Rory misses 3ft birdie putt on p5 third. Koepka gets birdie. Intimidating McIlroy already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Koepka hit an 8 iron 210 yards on the last par 3!! That’s just ridiculous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement