Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aritech to HKC Upgrade - Sensor Compatibility

• 21-06-2019 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I have an Aritech CS250 with a dialler which currently works perfectly. However, I would like to upgrade to something with better communication (App etc) as we get a good few spurious alarms due to bird strikes and such like (big feckin' pidgeons!) and being able to narrow it down and reset would be a big benefit.
    Trawling the forum it seems like a HKC comes recommended by a lot of people.
    I have a mixture of wired (10 x GS613 + some PIRs), wireless (7 x RF620i4) and wireless smoke alarms (2 x RF572NSTi4). Bells are all wired.

Easiest (cheapest!) of course would be to keep all the sensors if they can be used on a HKC panel - I assume the wired shocks can but would I need to change all the wireless devices? Is the communication standard or could I get some kind of bridge or would it just be best to replace them all?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Donnacha_

Keep all the wired devices , change the wireless , review your gross & pulse settings for your sensors

Advertisement