Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your art/craftwork - show it here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Rolllo

That piece is amazing, do u show your work on Instagram or anything? Pm if u do. Would love to see more

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Not a single mountain gorilla was harmed in the making of this piece by Johnny:)

457828.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

My weird and wonderful story..

TLDR - Drew an astronaut, said astronaut posed with it on the space station, I met him and he signed it.

LhNRrxu.jpg?1

ypVJwWS.jpg

OKdjMTL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Is knitting allowed please? A long time professional here and sometimes an order comes in for something very fine and very complicated.

The Christening Robe is in fine lace.. I made a few and one is now in a Museum in Canada, on an antique doll..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Do you have better photo showing the detail Grace. Slainte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

beauf wrote: »
    Do you have better photo showing the detail Grace. Slainte.

sorry no. . It is a fine hand knitted lace in 2 ply yarn, incredibly effective and delicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Current work -

49449272_10156996916352292_4622878127675146240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=71721939b1dd16fe4f7dbfb91ec57baf&oe=5CC260A0

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Bloody hell!! :eek:

You've got it in spades...

beauf wrote: »
    You've got it in spades...

:D I see what you did there...

49343403_10157002074182292_8982119467525865472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=46f3527d574d288ff314f426cca6684c&oe=5CBEC8BB

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

Finished!

49793700_10157006937692292_2044878653120053248_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=0caafbedd303a2f23510e23b8c0b12d3&oe=5CCD3E9B

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Penfailed, you're definitely PencilWon. Wow.

New Home wrote: »
    Penfailed, you're definitely PencilWon. Wow.

Haha! Thank you! I've just seen this on the computer screen rather than the phone...I'll have to take a better photo of the drawing. That's ^^^ a crappy, slightly out of focus phone pic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mongoose_Bike

Penfailed wrote: »
    Finished!

Hah. "Hey you!" That's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mcgragger

That's amazing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Here's a few of my paintings from over the past 14 years
    A memorial for a colleagues dog

kJD5GIvl.jpg

A nice photo I found, made a lovely picture

GpxN2KQl.jpg

My brother's in-laws had a family home in Manchester being sold, so they wanted something to remember the place by. There was nothing exceptional about the house, but I thought I could make a triptych that would embody the lives spent there. Worked out okay.

Wn7kctel.jpg

A friend came back from Malta with a lovely spontaneous shot of their kids, thought it would make a cracking painting.

RO0sNrIl.jpg

And when I was dropping it off I noticed this on the wall, another painting of Malta I had done some ten years previously!

JjOUjetl.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I do see the limits of my painting, and hope to get better, we shall see.

Your palette of colours is especially pleasant.

My favourite is the Manchester house. Seems nostalgic. Not entirely sure why.

I try to strongly limit the palette, making it all just fit, if you know what I mean.

As for the house, that was the idea.

I have done comissions of house portraits before, and here tried something a little different, to try and capture not just an image or representation of the house but also those aspects that good memories are made from, playing in the back garden, the lane-way to the back of the house, the arriving facing the front door, those things that turn it from a place to live in and into a home.
    The customer was pretty happy with it, if very reluctant to pay for it!
    I had to fight to get the few bob for it!

Just finished this one the other day,
    Lv4VMDzl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Kensoren

Great artwork, you're very talented!

Me wife painted this

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

mcgragger wrote: »
    Me wife painted this

Wow, the eyes! I really like this.

Silverfish wrote: »
    Wow, the eyes! I really like this.

She calls it "alright chicken "..... said in a Dublin Accent

Great stuff.

For the same buyer as my last one, this is Trinity College, Dublin.
    Certainly, the last time I'm painting with this much grey!

s5A8Xvu.jpg

My latest work in progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nessel

Bit nervous posting here for the first time as everyone is so good. I've just finished this piece. It took forever and had real life references for everyone. Lineart made digitally and coloured with copic markers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Nessel wrote: »
    Bit nervous posting here for the first time as everyone is so good. I've just finished this piece. It took forever and had real life references for everyone. Lineart made digitally and coloured with copic markers.

That is fantastic! I love it!

• Advertisement

Finished!

Advertisement