Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-06-2019, 13:33   #1
brookers

Interior window sils

Hi we have contemporary style windows, tilt and turn, they have lovely wood frames on the inside, we dont have curtains or blinds on them. We would love to get stone/quartz covers for the window sils. Not too thick, a centimetre would be enough. Anybody any ideas where i might find that, dont mind travelling....murphy stone were extremely expensive.
Advertisement
12-06-2019, 21:40   #2
Dr_Colossus

Don't think you'll be able to get 10mm cut stone. I tried a number of places last year including fireplace manufacturers and thinnest they had was 20mm and at that it was just black granite. Here's a post/recommendation I made previously who had 20mm in black granite as well as a number of different colour quartz in 20mm.

"I've been looking for three small cut stone pieces for a shower and was limited to 20mm for the window sill. Tried 6 different places in the greater Dublin region and by far the most reasonable and also previously recommended here was Atelier Stone near the Walkingstown roundabout (http://www.atelierstone.ie/) Finally made my way out to them today with templates and an impressive set up and great customer service."

The completed works were exactly to spec and a great fit.
12-06-2019, 21:53   #3
Graham

Take a look at some of the sintered stone products, they're probably better suited to the very slim profiles than granite/quartz. Dekton and Neolith have some fantastic finishes across their respective ranges.

Last edited by Graham; 12-06-2019 at 21:58.
14-06-2019, 10:53   #4
brookers

Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion