Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-07-2013, 04:52   #31
Sir Liamalot
Combobulator

Have you any 5 amp or higher 240vAC -110vAC to 12.4vDC transformers like this?

Things like pre-USB phone charger, power supply for internet router, laptop charger, tv/electronics power lead etc.
Advertisement
19-07-2013, 09:55   #32
Aidan_M_M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Liamalot View Post
Have you any 5 amp or higher 240vAC -110vAC to 12.4vDC transformers like this?

Things like pre-USB phone charger, power supply for internet router, laptop charger, tv/electronics power lead etc.
Did you mean to use that as a charger, Liam? Factory builds rarely use anything less than 15 amp chargers. I suppose to keep ahead of any drain if all the consumables are turned on.
19-07-2013, 12:33   #33
Sir Liamalot
Combobulator

No just a fused diagnostic tool. for a small load. I want to establish that the built in traffo that's tripping is not the problem by reproducing results on another traffo.

A 5A or higher is a lot easier to find in a domestic situation than a 20A brute.

Last edited by Sir Liamalot; 19-07-2013 at 14:43. Reason: + fuse + etc
19-07-2013, 15:08   #34
Sir Liamalot
Combobulator

Have you checked your hook-up lead for loose connections in the plug & socket?
It's an unlikely possibility as I'd expect it to take out your hook-up RCD too but worth a punt. As for it working on a bench it may be only a little loose. Check wires under cable crimp of plug & socket aren't broken/mashed too, most people do these up too tight. Feel flex for breaks and bulges.

Continuity check the 16amp hook up pins on the camper external with 230V set to off on the control panel. Check live/nuetral, live/earth and neutral/earth none of these should make continuity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrabbingHand View Post
I've also tried it without mains and its still turning off ??
Was the hook-up lead still connected at this time? It would be best to test this with the hook-up lead disconnected, not by simply switching 230V off at the control panel.

Last edited by Sir Liamalot; 19-07-2013 at 15:28. Reason: + +
19-07-2013, 20:27   #35
TheGrabbingHand

Ok. Had a mate of mine (elctrician) have a look at it. Its not internal van wiring, its not 220v lead( used 2 diff ones), its not the battery so he reckons its the control panel or the power unit itself.

Spoke to Ger down in Maynooth Motorhomes and am going to drop the van down to him to see if he can find the fault. Need it fixed asap as i'm off to the continent in 2 wks.

Thanks everyone for various suggestions. I'll let you know the outcome for future ref
Advertisement
19-07-2013, 22:43   #36
Sir Liamalot
Combobulator

Good luck getting it sorted, sounds like you made good progress.
08-06-2019, 12:47   #37
Barkee

Hi thegrabbinghand. Did you get to the bottom of this my camper is doing exactly the same thing. Same charger unit CBE

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion