Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moss, probably the most beautiful gaming experience I've had.

• 09-03-2019 1:51pm

Watching the gf play it now after I've done some.

It's just such an excellent game to give to someone, especially if they've just been into Beat Saber and games like that.

Easily the prettiest and most engaging game going.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I'll seriously have to pull the trigger on this one sometime. I've heard nothing but good things about it and it does sound like a nice change of pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I completely agree, an absolutely beautiful game.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Stopped playing this as soon as I got Beat Saber. I must go back to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

What platform did you play it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

Pretty, but not a patch on Astro. Nothing beats it IMO.

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    Pretty, but not a patch on Astro. Nothing beats it IMO.

agreed, but no idea if OP was using a PSVR or a Rift/Vive

Incidentally, this is coming out on Quest too. All the best games will be on Quest it's going to be massive... and portable, can't wait.

OP here. Using the Rift, and it appears that Astro game is only on PS4. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,943 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I downloaded the demo of AstroBot a couple of months back, played it myself and really enjoyed it, then forgot about it.

The other day the young lad, who is usually a Fortnite and Fifa player, was on the PS and I asked did he fancy a bit of it. He knew nothing of it, but he was buzzing when playing it, and he is now mad to get the full game. It was great to see him so excited by it.

It really is the Mario Kart of the PS4 generation I think.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I downloaded the demo of AstroBot a couple of months back, played it myself and really enjoyed it, then forgot about it.

The other day the young lad, who is usually a Fortnite and Fifa player, was on the PS and I asked did he fancy a bit of it. He knew nothing of it, but he was buzzing when playing it, and he is now mad to get the full game. It was great to see him so excited by it.

It really is the Mario Kart of the PS4 generation I think.

Its the same as Mario 64, just a completely ground breaking, game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How does the VR work in Astro? Are you constantly adjusting the camera angles or what? Im trying to imagine how a platformer like that would play but even watching Youtube videos Im struggling to picture it.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    How does the VR work in Astro? Are you constantly adjusting the camera angles or what? Im trying to imagine how a platformer like that would play but even watching Youtube videos Im struggling to picture it.

Do you have the vr already?

Thargor wrote: »

No the levels are designed in such a way that you can always see where Astro is, whether he is above you, or to your side... plus occasionally you'll need to peer around corners or over edges to see where he has gone, plus you interact with the world to fight off opponents while also controlling the little guy separately.

It's truly the most ingenious game I've ever played, a real work of art since so much thought went into literally every part of every level.

I'm so incredibly curious about this Astro game.. Going to tell my friend with psvr to get it so I can try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Was one of the first games I got for mine. It is a beautiful game to be fair. You can't help but smile while playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,943 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Was one of the first games I got for mine. It is a beautiful game to be fair. You can't help but smile while playing it

Yeah, some very good humour in it as well.

I've just started into Chronos on my Rift.

Oh. My. ****ing. God!

The graphics are outstanding... get that if you liked Moss, but imho it's far superior to Moss' graphics. Supposed to be huge too.

Put all graphic settings up to Ultra.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/929508627125435/

Advertisement