Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why I began to hate soccer.

• 18-12-2018 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

Besides all the players falling all over the place, I really began to detest soccer for the following reason.

José Mourinho 2013-2016 - Chelsea Manager
    Every Manunited fan: He's scum, he's ****, He's a (Rude work for masterbater)

José Mourinho 2016 signed for Man Utd Manager
    Every Manunited fan: God bless Mourinho, He's class, I love how he is in press, He's all about mind games, I would lick his ***.

José Mourinho today:
    Every Manunited fan: Thank god he's gone, he's useless, hes scum ect...

This loop continues for every player that's out there too.

Please tell me I'm not on my own when I see this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

My interest in it has waned because of the gap between the top and the rest just increasing year on year. When I was a kid we'd look at Rangers and Celtic absolutely miles out in front at the top of the Scottish League and laugh, now most of the top leagues in Europe follow a similar pattern.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Sounds like you're bored with the Premiership as opposed to football?

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Chauncey Gardner

Don't let a few bone heads put you off the game. I was a handy enough soccer player back in the day but always was very uncomfortable with some aspects of the game, particularly the unbridled aggression from team mates when the game wasn't going their way. I learned that was their problem and was not a part of the game.

As for supporting soccer, I again was always very uncomfortable with the Celtic-Rangers thing as some aspects of their support did little for sectarian healing in the north.

As for extreme United commentary on managers etc, I wouldn't pay too much heed to that. I've learned over the years that the overwhelming majority of soccer fans are totally reasonable and I ignore the extreme comments that are most likely to appear in the gutter press and social media.

As far as soccer is concerned, and I can empathise with your feeling about it, but it is indeed a very beautiful game, and try not let a few bone heads put you off it.

One of the lads that started the premier league was on the radio there a few months ago..he referred to the players as "the heroes for the zeros"..Make of that what you will..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

How about the League of Ireland? It definitely offers a different perspective than PL football anyway! :pac: :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Farfromhome02

How about the over analysis of everything by sky sports
    Overpayed babies is all footballers are
    Game is riddled with cheats
    Tackling is gone from the game
    Absorbident transfer fees
    The likes of pogba,image over substance
    Id love to see Roy Keane sort that lad out in training in his prime
    The game is f ed like many things in the world now days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Agreed with Farfromhome02,

Back in the 90's when tackles were tough, Men would get up dust themselves off instead of completing the 2016 Olympics acrobats winning routing while screaming.

Its just so fake now, and all about what team can get most money from sponsorship to buy the best players.

What is the percentage of English born players in the top 5 teams in premier league?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

SPORTS FORUM CHARTER - NO SOCCER THREADS ALLOWED!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement