Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(FOMC)F1 removes mods from racedepartment

• 24-03-2016 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭

If you’ve ever wanted concrete proof that the old men in charge of Formula One’s marketing department have lost touch with their core audience, look no further than the war currently being waged on RaceDepartment. Formula One itself have required RaceDepartment to remove an abundance of Formula One modifications and liveries from their website – for multiple titles. The sanctioning body has made it clear that Formula One – the world’s most prestigious auto racing series – has no place in sim racing, much to the dismay of F1’s most dedicated fans.

http://pretendracecars.net/2016/03/23/formula-one-declares-war/

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its a total joke, nobody is/was profiting form these fan made mods and liveries.
    F1 itself has spiralled downwards in a big way recently to what it is today a bloody snorefest, its governing body would be better served to get its own shop in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

F1 is so disappointing, I'd say the current line up of drivers is probably one of the greatest there's ever been. It's such a waste.

My attention for F1 had slipped a lot until I started sim racing. But I think rather than F1 I'll be forced to stick to FE and WEC.

Advertisement