Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SumUp Credit Card Processing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Something like this could be good for anyone wanting a mount: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I58VAZS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I got a few and they are pretty solid. They should be able to be secured well to any flat surface like a table top too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

cormie wrote: »
    Something like this could be good for anyone wanting a mount: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I58VAZS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I got a few and they are pretty solid. They should be able to be secured well to any flat surface like a table top too.

A bit ugly, grand for a car but wouldn't look very well in a shop.

This might do the job; http://designmi.co.uk/product/mistand-mini-space-grey/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Cianos wrote: »
    A bit ugly, grand for a car but wouldn't look very well in a shop.

This might do the job; http://designmi.co.uk/product/mistand-mini-space-grey/

Oooh that looks good!

I've ordered one of those mounts so I'll report back on how it suits when it arrives.

• Advertisement

Got the mount today and really happy with it. It's surprisingly sturdy, that micro-suction stuff is amazing.

It looks great, would definitely recommend.

tp9Wzkl.jpg

That looks really good. Expecting my card unit to arrive soon so will definitely order one of those to go with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cormac1982

Received mine today, had no problem buying it (used Visa card with the €59 promo code). Looks nice, works right out of the box. Would love to have keyed/customer not present ability, fingers crossed for the future. Comes with a cable too incase your device is older and doesn't support bluetooth 4.0/Smart Bluetooth. Handy if you wanted to pickup an old iPad to use with it as a permanent terminal.

I got mine today too. I see on the letter that came with the unit not to use it on metal as it may interfere with some magnets, maybe worth an email to sumup to check that aluminium stand won't mess it up after a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

Aluminium is not magnetic.
    Should be fine.

• Advertisement

Yeah, cianos processed a payment fine today he said, but not sure he had it on the holder at the time?

It says don't use on metal OR magnetic surfaces.

I can't use mine, my device isn't compatible, damn. I bought a new phone about 2 weeks ago but haven't gotten around to setting it up, it was in the list of compatible devices but my current phone isn't.

Anyone had a problem with a "Geo-location" error? It confirms a bluetooth connection between the phone and pin+ but when I click charge it comes up with the error GPS is on and other Apps are able to pick up a location fine. Have contacted them but thought someone here might have come across it!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cormac1982

jimmii wrote: »
    Anyone had a problem with a "Geo-location" error? It confirms a bluetooth connection between the phone and pin+ but when I click charge it comes up with the error GPS is on and other Apps are able to pick up a location fine. Have contacted them but thought someone here might have come across it!

Jimmi, only problem I had was when I tried it with my old iPad... Said server error, can't determine my location... Updated the App from app store and it worked fine then. GPS/location services must be active and the SumUp App needs to have access to same.

cormac1982 wrote: »
    Jimmi, only problem I had was when I tried it with my old iPad... Said server error, can't determine my location... Updated the App from app store and it worked fine then. GPS/location services must be active and the SumUp App needs to have access to same.

Only just downloaded the app you would hope it would be the latest version!! Will check the permissions tomorrow cheers.

Gah! My first real need for this and I was just about to send an email saying credit card payment was no problem, but then remembered I can't do customer not present sales with it :(

It would have been totally ok to ask for the 1.95% on top as most of the funds are for IKEA goods and if I was to take the hit, it would eat into a much higher % of my actual earnings.

Now, did somebody mention it's still possible to do the old "SMS" routine for customer not present sales as a workaround?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Now, did somebody mention it's still possible to do the old "SMS" routine for customer not present sales as a workaround?

I've been told that they're getting rid of it, but yeah if you go to Settings>Payment Methods you can switch on the Mobile Payment option.

Cool thanks for that. Their website is currently down at the moment. Between that and the card payment problem when ordering the device, I hope we don't run into too many problem processing payments from customers when needed!

Anyone ever had to contact them? Haven't had a response yet the pin+ is just sitting in a draw.

I rang them, got through to them without any problems.

Damn, I was checking out that mobile payment option and it doesn't seem like I have it available on my app? Have they gotten rid of it now?

I see it in a screenshot on google play: https://lh4.ggpht.com/3ZK8UoS87i0s-1xVbo-8XR_Hu2fGqAH3D2fOiAs499URkgo0Ko1RIvbGxLRyaFK3cg=h900

• Advertisement

There's a checkbox in settings to turn it back on, but it doesn't seem to have an immediate effect for me anyway.

I can't see it anywhere :o What version of the app are you running do you know? iPhone or Android? All I see on the menu is:

Sales History
    Card reader
    Printer
    Advanced Mode > on
    Product management
    taxes
    support

Log out

Android, 1.50.3

The toggle is at the top of the page called Payment Methods which on my app is where you have Card Reader between Sales History and Printer.
    I wonder is this because I also have the original card reader with SumUP from last year that didn't do VISA.

Ok, I don't know where I found the number last time, but I think maybe they have removed their contact number. I can't see the mobile payment option anywhere, I've tried all options and it doesn't look like it's there at all :( thanks for your help!

Still no reply to my mail to sumup support sent on Monday at 09:30, with that kind of response time and no contact number on site anymore and their site being down the other day and the error with taking card payment for the pin+ order, I hope I won't need to contact them again :o

Still no reply to my mail to sumup support sent on Monday at 09:30, with that kind of response time and no contact number on site anymore and their site being down the other day and the error with taking card payment for the pin+ order, I hope I won't need to contact them again :o

I emailed on the 13th and got a reply yesterday don't hold your breath. The response was ridiculous too.

Just used it for the first time there very quick processing I must say! How do you get the authorisation number nothing popped up when the payment went through?

Finally heard back, doesn't look like customer not present payment is on the cards at all, infact the complete opposite :( I wonder what the reasoning behind it is?

Finally heard back, doesn't look like customer not present payment is on the cards at all, infact the complete opposite :( I wonder what the reasoning behind it is?

I guess its the increased risk involved. A lot easier to commit fraud if you don't need the card or the pin number! When I run the app it still has the mobile payment option is that not going to be there soon?

• Advertisement

I guess not according to their reply. Pity about that, would have been a great system!

Advertisement