Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Never thought to mention, i hide my ISP address to use American netflix (using some other website that costs about 4 quid a month) . OK, Gamepass will know i signed up with an Irish credit card, but will hiding the IP mean they won't know if i'm in the UK/Ireland at the time i'm logged in, and hence should not be restricted by the Sky blackout that is applicable to those watching in the UK and Ireland?

Any ideas folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭boccy23

Never thought to mention, i hide my ISP address to use American netflix (using some other website that costs about 4 quid a month) . OK, Gamepass will know i signed up with an Irish credit card, but will hiding the IP mean they won't know if i'm in the UK/Ireland at the time i'm logged in, and hence should not be restricted by the Sky blackout that is applicable to those watching in the UK and Ireland?

Any ideas folks?

Gamepass is not available in the US. So with an american IP you would be blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    padraig_f wrote: »
    Had it for the last 2 years. Will get it again if they don't have the UK restrictions. Won't be getting it if the UK restictions apply.

I don't have Sky, so if the UK restrictions apply, I'd have to get both Gamepass and a Sky subscription just to get what I had in Gamepass last year (won't be doing that).

Padraig, check out this site:

http://www.flashsportstreams.tv/

You can get a years subscription on there for around €35 once they start doing their season ticket promotions. Excellent quality and they do Sky Sports on 24/7 as well as all the 3pm kick offs on the Saturday for soccer and loads of other sports.

I have used it for the last 2 seasons and it's been great. Very handy for watching the NFL on Sky.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Gamepass is not available in the US. So with an american IP you would be blocked.

I thought those address blockers were not so much to show you are in the States, but more so to show you are NOT in a particular region? As in Gamepass would not knowthat i was in the UK/Ireland, but not necessarily in the USA (could be somewhere else). Oh well, suppose you have to show up being SOMEWHERE! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

To be honest, as a poor person, I've never had the money for Gamepass or Sky or whatever.

I've been getting on ok with Internet streams. ****e quality most of the time, and sometimes none at all because the Bucs aren't the most popular. Give me a year or 2 with full employment and Gamepass will be an option.

Then reliablity of it is the biggest plus. Last year on NFL.com, they sometimes gave a 5 minute preview of games with gamepass with streams running at 3000mb/s (pretty much HD), and it looked so good.

Anyway thats my sad ramble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

I'm in 4 channel land this year, after a few years with Sky, so thinking of getting Game pass. Can I just confirm about the blackouts.....they're only for Sky games, right? So I'd miss three a week, on average, the 6pm, the 9pm and maybe a Thurs or Sat game. So far the C4 late game or the MNF games are not included in the blackout. Am I right in this?

Also, what do people do for the playoffs? This to me is a big problem if you only have what they call 'full replays' of playoff games. Is there another package for the playoffs, and is it worth it?

Somebody said earler only Sky Sunday 6pm and 9.15pm games are subject to a blackout. Anyone know for sure if a Sky game is on a weeknight does it avoid the blackout?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭titan18

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    fisgon wrote: »
    I'm in 4 channel land this year, after a few years with Sky, so thinking of getting Game pass. Can I just confirm about the blackouts.....they're only for Sky games, right? So I'd miss three a week, on average, the 6pm, the 9pm and maybe a Thurs or Sat game. So far the C4 late game or the MNF games are not included in the blackout. Am I right in this?

Also, what do people do for the playoffs? This to me is a big problem if you only have what they call 'full replays' of playoff games. Is there another package for the playoffs, and is it worth it?

If it's the same as the UK last year, it'll be a 6 day delay for games on Sky, including playoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I have sky anyway but I get game pass to follow the Raiders so will be getting it again no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I've had gamepass every year since it started and I've bought the season pass for this year.

Am I missing something, is it not 100% clear that if you are in the ROI with a ROI IP then there are NO blackout restrictions?

Redzone was cool and will be missed if it is in fact gone for us. But as long as I get to see my beloved Bolts week in week out and the odd other game I'd be interested in then I'm happy. The pricing seems good at the mo for the season pass (only a few quid more than the team pass which is what I have bought up to this year).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Going back to the IP issue, what's the story with Gamepass in other regions, e.g. Germany, France etc? If I use my VPN to give me an IP address for there, will I get around the blackout/no Red Zone problems or will my Irish credit card give me away? Other restrictions could apply in those countries too I suppose but if the credit card isn't an issue surely there's some region with no restrictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Going back to the IP issue, what's the story with Gamepass in other regions, e.g. Germany, France etc? If I use my VPN to give me an IP address for there, will I get around the blackout/no Red Zone problems or will my Irish credit card give me away? Other restrictions could apply in those countries too I suppose but if the credit card isn't an issue surely there's some region with no restrictions?

as far as I can see, yes, but i havent tested it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Didn't get it last year and thought about it this year but wouldn't have the time to make full use of it. Have Sky at home so I either have the Packers on the TV when they're on and then a Redzone stream on the laptop, or vice versa.

so it seems most people will be signing up soon, a poll would be nice!!

Whats the story with the price? Is the current price a deal for early buyers or will it be the same in Septemer. I don't expect to see Sky putting on the Redskins too much so I might be interested in getting it but not if the price goes up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

titan18 wrote: »
    If it's the same as the UK last year, it'll be a 6 day delay for games on Sky, including playoffs.

what about MNF games? Last year were they avalible to watch on gamepass on the Tuesday evening or are they subject to a delay aswell?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Last year the restrictions were:

Whatever games were on at 6pm and 9pm on Sky were subject to a 6 day blackout
    RedZone was completely unavailable.

No restrictions on SNF or MNF games.

There were blackouts for certain other games I think such as thanksgiving and Christmas Day.

The Playoffs and Superbowl will also be subject to a blackout.

The TV deal for this year is not yet worked out so the restrictions may be relaxed (possibly a shorter blackout period) but we won't know that until just before the season starts.

I tried running gamepass through a proxy server (Spanish) and it seemed to work ok and was fast enough. The UK flag was dropped from my profile so it seems that would be one way to get around restrictions however I won't know for sure until the season gets under way.

Whats the story with the price? Is the current price a deal for early buyers or will it be the same in Septemer. I don't expect to see Sky putting on the Redskins too much so I might be interested in getting it but not if the price goes up

last year I'm pretty sure the price went up closer to the season...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,320 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    adrian522 wrote: »
    Last year the restrictions were:

Whatever games were on at 6pm and 9pm on Sky were subject to a 6 day blackout
    RedZone was completely unavailable.

No restrictions on SNF or MNF games.

There were blackouts for certain other games I think such as thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
    This was in the UK though not in Ireland. I had it last year, had Redzone and no restrictions.

Poll added, I think I have all the options covered there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

eagle eye wrote: »
    This was in the UK though not in Ireland. I had it last year, had Redzone and no restrictions.

Yeah, sorry I was talking about the UK restrictions from last year, which we are apparently getting this year.

Does the fact that they are restricting Red Zone make it more likely that Sky or whoever ends up showing the games will have this too?

Same here.... why are lads thinking it might be different this year in Ireland?.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry I was talking about the UK restrictions from last year, which we are apparently getting this year.

Where are u getting this from?.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79564039&postcount=12

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Same here.... why are lads thinking it might be different this year in Ireland?.
    If you go onto gamepass there is a UK flag in the top right hand corner of the screen which suggest we are being viewed as UK customers and such those restriction apply. There is a section where it says that this will apply in Ireland but then when you read the FAQ it only says UK.

Check out the first page of this thread, I had a chat with them and they told me to come back to them on Monday.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    If you go onto gamepass there is a UK flag in the top right hand corner of the screen which suggest we are being viewed as UK customers and such those restriction apply. There is a section where it says that this will apply in Ireland but then when you read the FAQ it only says UK.

Check out the first page of this thread, I had a chat with them and they told me to come back to them on Monday.

I think the FAQs are still from 2011 and haven't been updated yet

Yep, see the flag but did I not read somewhere that ROI IP addresses are not being included as part of the UK and so we'll not have the restrictions they have?.

Just read the above link... like u said I guess it is a wait and see to find out what the full story will be. I bought it regardless. Thanks.

I think the FAQs are still from 2011 and haven't been updated yet

Yeah I noticed that too, those FAQs are ancient. Let's wait and see what neulion say next week. In the meantime #boltup!!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭deisedude

I know this is going off topic but is there an equivalent of GamePass for college ball?

Advertisement