Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Initial discussion

• 23-02-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Welcome to the new Maritime forum!

The forum will initially be moderated by the Soc Cmods and admins, we will appoint moderators through our normal process which takes a week or two to sort out.

Apart from discussion of whatever current events are relevant to the forum, I'd appreciate if you could have a read of the charter and suggest any changes to wording etc.

Cheers,
    Alastair.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

The Charter looks pretty good to me; indeed, some of it is vaguely familiar :D

Might it be an idea to add Angling, Surfing, Swimming, Scuba Diving, Canoeing & Kayaking, and perhaps even Extreme Sports and Outdoor Pursuits to the leisure oriented paragraph?

There's bound to be a certain amount of crossover one way or the other, but it might head off the really obvious stuff that should go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Woot.......finally I get a first post :D

or do I?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Fantastic!!!

The Charter says it all really....:)

Oh!
    Common sense rules of etiquette and good manners are to be respected at all times. You are expected to refrain from posting personal abuse, bad language, advertising, spam and failure to observe this may warrant a ban.
    you could just pop the word "to" in as shown....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Above changes made (and removed my sig).

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

This is great, we have a Maritime forum at last! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

Great to see this up and running.

Charter looks to be all in order.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

/Subscribes

C&T seems to be slowly pulled apart :D

What's the lines in regards to what goes here and what goes to C&T?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

What's the lines in regards to what goes here and what goes to C&T?

Commuting & Transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Commuting & Transport?

yes

Advertisement