Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Banners brokers - Money Taken

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

the_juice wrote: »
    everything is geared towards gettin more and more members

I would have thought everything should be geared towards selling more banners. Banners are obviously not the main source of business/income, getting more members is.

How is that not a pyramid scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I have to laugh at the advert appearing at the bottom of this page :D

picture.php?albumid=1261&pictureid=12187

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

The pyramids were built in Egypt next to denial.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Doughbag

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Seriously? People fall for this?

I've a fair bit of experience in online advertising etc, and I'll tell ye one thing, online ads are worth practically nothing. Your impressions alone would have to be in the 10's of thousands a day to even get a few (say 10+) clicks.

Now if someone is taking 100 euro and making 100 euro profit on top out of a few clicks, well, there is something up. I would imagine that if you were to add up the amount of people required to be viewing these ads for them to turn such a huge profit, it would probably double the amount of people on the internet!

Has anyone ever even seen on of these banners?

Not a soul has seen those banners.
    Not a single Banner even promoting Banners Brokers.
    Main income is from new members.

So far I was not able to get a single link to a website, that actually uses banners from Banners Brokers. Nada, nothing.

All they say is, they make money - in some ewallet, meaning virtual money.

To make those returns, so fast via internet ads is not possible. not even Google themself doubles their money every month with millions of websites, but this small operation can.

Sure it's registered - all you need to do for this is:
    File a form, pay your fee – simple.

I previously pointed out, that Banners Brokers started shortly after Banner Brokers went out of business, a company started in 1997. Trying to cash in on some brand naming and some pseudo legality.
    This a well thought out system working on the edge of legality, but it is still a pyramid scheme.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mod Note:

Right folks this thread has gone on long enough and is going round in circles. Its turned into a name calling and abuse thread by those of you childish enough to go down that route and is providing no contribution to the forum.

Thread closed - locked and throwing away the key.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement