Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Banners brokers - Money Taken

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 the_juice

Doughbag wrote: »
    I never said anything about anything being legit in 2002.
    I asked you, if your saying Bannersbrokers is legit and Ponzi-Schemes are legit. Nothing whatsoever about the housing. I only pointed out that even if something is legal, does not mean it’s not a Pyramid Scheme.
    However, just to remind you, I quoted myself.

Also, I pointed out that Banners Brokers is a scam on the real previously existing Banner Brokers - however now defunct company.
    And do to the fact, that you do not have to invite other people, it is in the grey area of being legal. However, not sure how the national consumer agency thinks about this.
    This is a very elaborate Ponzi Scheme, but it is a Ponzi Scheme.

i really have to hold your hand dont i??

it was you that said buying a HOUSE in 2002 SEEMED LEGIT AT THE TIME, thats what i was referring to!! christ READ THE POST BEFORE POSTING!!!

so due to the fact you can remain passive it is still a ponzi scheme??? do me a favour pal, just stop responding, or else get a clue!!

Again look at my example of A BROKER SELLING LIFE INSURANCE .....

the_juice wrote: »
    banners broker ireland ltd, its on the company registration office website, everyday you can see your panels going up bit by it or not at all, thats the way i see my adspace is viewed, although if you have your own business, give bb a banner and send it out virally then you can get a report on how many impressions were used and how many clicks per impression (CTR)
    http://www.cro.ie/search/CompanySearch.aspx
    Can you give us the CRO number - I can't find it online?

If it is a new company it probably wouldn't have accounts filed yet but it should have all the set up information.
    Graham wrote: »
    You buy the traffic from a reputable source, I'm sure boards.ie can give you a rough estimation of their traffic.
    What do you mean by this? As i understand it you get your money back once it has been viewed enough times - do you spend your own money to get these views?
    danmacca wrote: »
    in November i started with 4k. i topped it up a month later with another 4k and as of today my earnings are sitting at over $23k which is constantly reinvested by buying more banners.
    Edit: Maths fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

At first I thought these guys defending this scheme were shills.

Now I'm of the opinion they have lumped on this in a big way. If that's the case, get out quick.....

The rash comments and petty insults are detrimental to their argument though and I'm surprised they aren't banned.

At first I thought these guys defending this scheme were shills.

Now I'm of the opinion they have lumped on this in a big way. If that's the case, get out quick.....

The rash comments and petty insults are detrimental to their argument though and I'm surprised they aren't banned.

jack where have i insulted you? i am certainly frustrated by having to explain over and over to doughboy and having this company compared to the way yahoo advertises, the housing slump etc. Anything you have asked i have answered to the best of my ability. At least one side has an arguement to make,show me the evidence that after almost 18 months someone has claimed to have lost money in BB,not the OP who has somehow lost her money through STP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Maybe the onus is on you guys to prove this scheme is legitimate?

You are the ones with a vested interest here, no one else.

It is of no consequence to me whatsoever whether this scheme really is the first recorded instance of a get rich scheme which actually works, or a giant ponzi scheme designed to bilk you and your fellow investors out of cash.

I merely posted here as this, to me, bears all the hallmarks of a ponzi scheme, it it has a bill, webbed feet and feathers its probably a duck.

What amazes me is that people are still blinded by greed to the extent that they disregard all warning and logic.

There was a big pyramid scheme in the cork area which went bust as recently as 2006 for gods sake.

• Advertisement

Can you give us the CRO number - I can't find it online?

If it is a new company it probably wouldn't have accounts filed yet but it should have all the set up information.

What do you mean by this? As i understand it you get your money back once it has been viewed enough times - do you spend your own money to get these views?

Edit: Maths fail

no problem PG, its 506852

As for buying traffic, yes if you want to remain passive you pay for traffic. This basically means that someone who looks up a website will be directed to a website with your adspace on it. This costs a fraction of your adspace so for instance you buy a 10 dollar panel (adspace) you would need to spend 2.50 dollars to make 7.50 profit on that panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Doughbag

i really have to hold your hand dont i??
    it was you that said buying a HOUSE in 2002 SEEMED LEGIT AT THE TIME, thats what i was referring to!! christ READ THE POST BEFORE POSTING!!!
    so due to the fact you can remain passive it is still a ponzi scheme??? do me a favour pal, just stop responding, or else get a clue!!
    Again look at my example of A BROKER SELLING LIFE INSURANCE .....

Apparently you do need to hold my hand, since you are clearly unable to read.
    I NEVER said “buying a HOUSE in 2002 SEEMED LEGIT AT THE TIME”, what I actually said was:
    Your saying it is legit? Maybe, but so was getting a morguage in 2002 for a house you bought ……..
    So reading or repeating it the way you like, doesn’t change the facts.

However, your “A BROKER SELLING LIFE INSURANCE” example is kind of false. Since a life insurance broker doesn’t just charge you some €500 to invest into the company in some Hotel down the road. They usually have an office down the road, a fixed landline, a contract with a reputable company etc…. .
    Maybe I’m missing out on the greatest money making opportunity in world history since the tulip wars, but I don’t want to end up with just a tulip.
    keetzer wrote: »
    Still no evidence just blah blah blah, and unsubstantiated blah blah blah
    all yap and no proof coz there is none !

Apparently you cannot prove anything properly either – You’ve been asked several times.

Maybe the onus is on you guys to prove this scheme is legitimate?

You are the ones with a vested interest here, no one else.

It is of no consequence to me whatsoever whether this scheme really is the first recorded instance of a get rich scheme which actually works, or a giant ponzi scheme designed to bilk you and your fellow investors out of cash.

I merely posted here as this, to me, bears all the hallmarks of a ponzi scheme, it it has a bill, webbed feet and feathers its probably a duck.

What amazes me is that people are still blinded by greed to the extent that they disregard all warning and logic.

There was a big pyramid scheme in the cork area which went bust as recently as 2006 for gods sake.

i know that and remember it, all i am saying is because of the illinformed comments at the start of this thread by people who didnt even google the company i had to make some sort of defence of it. And yes i agree,with something like this the onus is on us to make a defense and i think i have explained everything as best i can. Even the OP said the comments were overly aggressive! I think also the onus on any detractor is to at least provide some proof of what they are insinuating or for gods sake at least know how the thing works before running their mouths off.

Apparently you do need to hold my hand, since you are clearly unable to read.
    I NEVER said “buying a HOUSE in 2002 SEEMED LEGIT AT THE TIME”, what I actually said was:

So reading or repeating it the way you like, doesn’t change the facts.

However, your “A BROKER SELLING LIFE INSURANCE” example is kind of false. Since a life insurance broker doesn’t just charge you some €500 to invest into the company in some Hotel down the road. They usually have an office down the road, a fixed landline, a contract with a reputable company etc…. .
    Maybe I’m missing out on the greatest money making opportunity in world history since the tulip wars, but I don’t want to end up with just a tulip.

Apparently you cannot prove anything properly either – You’ve been asked several times.

right so lets go through this again.... you said and it might seem legit but so did buying a house in 2002 and whatever waffle you said after that implying that buying a house in 2002 was not really legit,comprende??? If you think the housing market was a scam etc then thats your opinion but i just think people were mugs to pay over the top prices. Why you have brought this example up i dont know and thats what i dont understand.

now lets get to my life insurance broker example...first of all what hotel??? its a business park,an actual office,physical office that you dont bring money to. You deposit the money in AIB, they buy a package of adspace for you and sell it on again,in an open market place,difference is they share the profits unlike most companies so that they can grow and grow,i cant really go back into it anymore times with you as your clearly not getting what a BROKER does.

ive answered all i can best i can so as ive said ill be posting 1st september, good luck

• Advertisement

Your Company and Business Name search for "506852" yielded no result.

Your Company and Business Name search for "506852" yielded no result.

right just for my friend here

type in bannersbrokerireland and click on "both", press return

like dealing with a 10 year old

right just for my friend here

type in bannersbrokerireland and click on "both", press return

like dealing with a 10 year old

So a multimillion dollar operation is done from somebodys bedroom in some housing estate in the Northside of Cork.

If nothing else confirmed it before that it is a scam, this did... Thank you!:D

So a multimillion dollar operation is done from somebodys bedroom in some housing estate in the Northside of Cork.

If nothing else confirmed it before that it is a scam, this did... Thank you!:D

if you bothered downloading the company certificates you will see when the company was registered, december 2011, now have a guess when the office in the regus opened??? thats right 2012 so im presuming you cant register a company with no address?

now go away as your really an embarrassment at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

If this is a legitimate company why do they hold investment evenings in Cork City hotels?
    In the past this was how pyramid schemes gathered new recruits so why do Banners Brokers go down this road? If the returns are as good as is claimed then venture capitalists would be queuing up to invest?
    Has any major multinational gone down the road of funding themselves in this way when they were in their infancy? I certainly cant think of any.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mod Note: Cut out the handbags, the name calling and the abuse. This thread is going nowhere, either get it back on track or its being locked. I'm handing out bans to anyone who continues with the personal abuse.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

keetzer wrote: »
    It just gaulls ye that people are smarter than ye at making money..and ye dont have the balls or your not allowed by your other half to have a go at something legit...what is it your brobably saying "i swear honey..this one is different" ... ignorant muck savages the lot of ye !

As juice says....please supply one person who has lost money with BB.
    NB : curranbun hasn't lost money...their still making money behind the scenes

Can't say I've ever fallen for a get rich quick for very little effort scheme, you have still yet to explain how this works.

Please feel free to go off at a tangent again either by

a) Waffling on about 2002 property investments.
    b) Calling anyone that hasn't yet fell for this a much savage

Alternatively, answer the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭sirreally

Folks, let's be sensible here. No company that generates profits like those being claimed here would operate this way. Instead of scrounging around, picking up €500 here and there from random Irish people, they would simply raise large amounts of money from investors, who wouldn't demand anything near the returns being claimed. And instead of repeatedly teaching individuals how to use their system, they would employ people to do it, without having to give away so much profit.

It's obviously a scam and a pyramid scheme. Sensible people would be best advised to avoid it and to warn others away from it, and those who made the mistake of getting involved should get out immediately.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Can't say I've ever fallen for a get rich quick for very little effort scheme, you have still yet to explain how this works.

Please feel free to go off at a tangent again either by

a) Waffling on about 2002 property investments.
    b) Calling anyone that hasn't yet fell for this a much savage

Alternatively, answer the question.

Firstly he is on a ban for his previous comments. Secondly I clearly stated keep it on track or bans will be handed out to others. So no dont feel free to go off on a tangent or post comments that are neither useful or contributing to the thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Paul

Whats with the other 'banner' website linked to you as well - is that tarding under the same 'system'!

Personally I think is a daft idea- all the site i maintain will stick with reputable companies.

blue4ever wrote: »
    Paul

Whats with the other 'banner' website linked to you as well - is that tarding under the same 'system'!

Personally I think is a daft idea- all the site i maintain will stick with reputable companies.
    Apparently you do maintain websites and run properly some ads on some of them.
    Did you ever come across Banners Brokers?
    I certainly haven't.
    Also, I do block lots of ads, trackers etc within networks that I setup for companies and I never came across Banners Brokers or the need of blocking it.
    Also, I never really saw any banner ads of Banners Brokers itself to begin with.
    If this is so successful, they properly would use Banner Ads to grow their own business.

But this is obviously a pyramid scheme, that operates within the grey area of the law, the Gardai cannot do anything about it do to the fact, that they do not require the parties to get new people involved – it’s optional. But you can only really make money, if you get new people into the scheme.

blue4ever wrote: »
    Paul

Apparently you do maintain websites and run properly some ads on some of them.
    I certainly haven't.
    Also, I do block lots of ads, trackers etc within networks that I setup for companies and I never came across Banners Brokers or the need of blocking it.
    Also, I never really saw any banner ads of Banners Brokers itself to begin with.
    If this is so successful, they properly would use Banner Ads to grow their own business.

But this is obviously a pyramid scheme, that operates within the grey area of the law, the Gardai cannot do anything about it do to the fact, that they do not require the parties to get new people involved – it’s optional. But you can only really make money, if you get new people into the scheme.

Did I not point out how it is possible to actually earn money passively earlier? So you can't provide any evidence of your claim, you refuse to do any due diligence to back up your claim, you can't even find the company on the CRO without being pointed out step by step on how to do so, and you set up companies??? My god what are they teaching in schools that you were able to pass so that you could point out that "they properly would use banner ads to grow their own business". You writing this driving your Massey ferguson or what?

Mods lock thread or ban me please, it's like putting a hamster in a spinning wheel with this thread, same insinuations, claims but not one of them backed up with any evidence or not one person,from what it looks like, trying to even look for same.

As for buying traffic, yes if you want to remain passive you pay for traffic. This basically means that someone who looks up a website will be directed to a website with your adspace on it. This costs a fraction of your adspace so for instance you buy a 10 dollar panel (adspace) you would need to spend 2.50 dollars to make 7.50 profit on that panel.

I'm still trying to understand the logic behind this 'passive' income. You buy a panel off them $10, spend $2.50 with them for traffic and they pay you back $20 right?

Why do they bother selling the panels in the first place, why don't they just keep them and pocket the full $20?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

I take my hat off to Banners Brokers,because if you google " banners brokers scam" every result is along the lines of :"Is banners broker a scam -no,I've made
    a fortune -Let me explain how"

I certainly haven't.
    Good point;

can anyone point us to any reputable websites where the banner ads are served by banners brokers?

I'm still trying to understand the logic behind this 'passive' income. You buy a panel off them $10, spend $2.50 with them for traffic and they pay you back $20 right?

Why do they bother selling the panels in the first place, why don't they just keep them and pocket the full $20?

Hi graham,

You get 10 dollars in cash ( well in your ewallet) to take out whenever you wish and you get another 10 dollar adspace, they continue making money off the old one, that's how they make their money plus the monthly membership fees,everything is geared towards gettin more and more members, hence more buying power, access to a larger ad network, set up a social network site, which is almost finished, called promo121 and from what I gather maybe a search engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

So you spend 10 to get 7.50 back ?

vandriver wrote: »
    So you spend 10 to get 7.50 back ?

Lol that just sums it up, see ye 1st sept lmao

• Advertisement

Seriously? People fall for this?

I've a fair bit of experience in online advertising etc, and I'll tell ye one thing, online ads are worth practically nothing. Your impressions alone would have to be in the 10's of thousands a day to even get a few (say 10+) clicks.

Now if someone is taking 100 euro and making 100 euro profit on top out of a few clicks, well, there is something up. I would imagine that if you were to add up the amount of people required to be viewing these ads for them to turn such a huge profit, it would probably double the amount of people on the internet!

Has anyone ever even seen on of these banners?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement