Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taxi drivers!

Options
  • 23-11-2009 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Dont you just love them!:) whata bunch of cheerfull people!:D they bring you home whatever the time and they never complain or strike because their wages arnt high enough! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

I love taxi talk! Some of the drivers I ring are just so nice to talk to too, they have the most interesting stories.

I spoke to one lovely woman recently who was taking me to work and we were talking about homeless people. She was saying that there is one very young guy, maybe 16/17 who has been on the streets for two years nearly now. She said that he's a well educated, polite young man who always insists on paying his fare when she's taking him somewhere. Apparently he just got in with the wrong crowd and just got used to their way of living.

She had such a lovely take on the situation like it was lovely to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

my neighbor is a taxi driver and im happy for him :)

im even more happy for him cos there are no buses or anything today and its pissing rain out, im happy he is not suffering from the recession :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I love chatting to taxi drivers. Most of them are friendly.

Advertisement