Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

I liked the Baker signing,

A lot of people seem to be happy with Beckwith, haven't seen much of him but looking forward to seeing him back from injury

Getting close to training camp now, very excited.

Big expectations this year, hopefully we can make a good playoff push

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Getting close to Hard knocks!

Yeah exciting we'll be able to get a good look at the team before the season even starts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

When is hard knocks out?

Interested in seeing how McNicholls fairs. Disappointed for him that there hasn't been much buzz about him to date.

Edit forgot about his shoulder injury. Hopefully he can go full blast in camp

• Advertisement

August 8th in Americonia, 10pm EST

Godwin lighting it up in camp so far, good to see. I loved this pick

Enjoyed that, great having it back, Gamepass I love you.

Thought the Defense looked very solid, some lovely turnovers. Looked good against the run, I know it was only the Bears but good start.

Offence looked clean, Winston protected the ball well, not really any silly throws, Evans was getting a lot of 1 on 1, he's going to have a monster season.

Roll on game 2 and the VIkings, a tougher start but I think we win by 10

Brilliant start alright.

Question is, are we good or were they awful? Glennon was atrocious and the best player on their offense was a rookie... And those drops!!!

I'm more excited going into our 2nd game than I've ever been though. Up the lads.

I think its a bit of both. We executed plays well and defense was good, but Bears were poor as well. As you say we'll see Week 2,

I have us winning this game so its an important one on our schedule.

I was a tiny bit worried we would be rusty having missed week 1 as some of the big teams were the week before so after that win I only expect us to get better

• Advertisement

Well are we happy?

Surprised at the Vea pick but knew he was defo on the radar. Have to take my hats off to Licht on the deal, moving down 5 and getting 2 second rounds and then moving back in the 2nd to pick up a third. So going from 2 picks to 5 in round 3, hates off Mr Licht.

Like the Jones pick, had watched lot of tape on him and have been impressed.

Havent seen much on the corners so cant really comment there. But all in all im happy out.

5 new DLINEMEN coming in this year, please please please improve on our sack total last year ha

Well good start, I don't think anyone saw that coming but I did fancy it to be close.

Fitz - Amazing performance but wont get carried away as hes done this before, won us a big game and if we can get one more win in next two it will set us up nicely for Winstons return.

O-Line - Very impressed, lots of time for Fitz and some nice holes made in the run game, Jensen is a great addition at Centre and love his toughness

WR - Some excellent catches all round, good to see all 3 top receivers getting some good yards.

DEF - Not going to judge too much as against one of the better offences in the league, looking forward to seeing how our two rookie CB's perform this week with a win under the belt, some more pressure on the QB is needed, I thought Evans and Kwon both stood out on defense.

Roll on the Eagles, go Bucs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So this is what it's like to be divorced

• Registered Users Posts: 37,499 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Brady has moved from a great owner, great coach, great QB situation to terrible owner, good coach, great QB scenario.

I don't think it's going to work out very well tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

eagle eye wrote: »
    Brady has moved from a great owner, great coach, great QB situation to terrible owner, good coach, great QB scenario.

I don't think it's going to work out very well tbh.

Bucs have a very talented roster, they have drafted very well somewhat under the radar in the recent past and added quality free agents. The foundation has been laid, it’s not like they are trying to assemble a roster in one off season. Their obvious soft spot last season was Winston at QB.

Two year project for Brady to lift those around him and win his seventh ring. He will be in a much tougher division than what he is used to so nothing guaranteed, it’ll be fascinating to see it it unfold whether it works or not. Hope it doesn’t end up with him going to IR early in the season or something. I think they will make the playoffs and it’s a bit of a lottery after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I'd say Brees is less than thrilled by this move

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Two year project for Brady to lift those around him and win his seventh ring. He will be in a much tougher division than what he is used to so nothing guaranteed, it’ll be fascinating to see it it unfold whether it works or not. Hope it doesn’t end up with him going to IR early in the season or something. I think they will make the playoffs and it’s a bit of a lottery after that.

Brady would love to stick it to Belichick in the superbowl - personally I hope neither of them get the chance - they are both a*seholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,499 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Brady would love to stick it to Belichick in the superbowl - personally I hope neither of them get the chance - they are both a*seholes.
    You don't have a clue about anything. You come into threads spouting nonsense and putting up spam links. You are going on my ignore list from here on. Good riddance.

eagle eye wrote: »
    You don't have a clue about anything. You come into threads spouting nonsense and putting up spam links. You are going on my ignore list from here on. Good riddance.

Well - at least I know they are both a*seholes - I suppose now we will see two teams having to cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

Well - at least I know they are both a*seholes - I suppose now we will see two teams having to cheat.

Ignore.... See ya

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Earleybird wrote: »
    Ignore.... See ya
    You're better off.
    He doesn't think there's anything dodgy about Manning's HGH deliveries to his house (for his pregnant wife of course) that helped the Broncos win the SB. Nope, no cheating there at all :pac:

You're better off.
    He doesn't think there's anything dodgy about Manning's HGH deliveries to his house (for his pregnant wife of course) that helped the Broncos win the SB. Nope, no cheating there at all :pac:

Well given that Manning could only hobble and couldn't throw the ball in the SB - I doubt HGH helped much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Tampa Bay related posts only please

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Griselda

choo choo . all aboard

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Exciting season ahead for Bucks fans, it's strange seeing the pics of Brady in a bucks jersey, what's everyone hoping for, winning record, playoff run, more?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Loughc wrote: »
    Exciting season ahead for Bucks fans, it's strange seeing the pics of Brady i a bucks jersey, what's everyone hoping for, winning record, playoff run, more?

Hoping for playoffs. Big investment and clearly in win now mode.
    As always worried about OLine and the Secondary.

Hope the fact that the Defence hasn't lost any key elements this year will help them be a bit more secure.

FYI it's Bucs (Bucks are a Basketball team in Milwaukee) We are quite particular about that!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Hoping for playoffs. Big investment and clearly in win now mode.
    As always worried about OLine and the Secondary.

Hope the fact that the Defence hasn't lost any key elements this year will help them be a bit more secure.

FYI it's Bucs (Bucks are a Basketball team in Milwaukee) We are quite particular about that!

I had typed Bucs but autocorrect on the phone kept autocorrecting to bucks. I will watch it in future though :)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8428187/Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-tease-fans-look-Tom-Brady-new-uniform.html

Still Just looks odd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Any Bucs fans think they have a good chance of winning the NFC?

Hopefully the Brady-Brown TD was the sign of things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Don't think we have a hope of beating the Packers in Lambeau (despite what happened in Raymond James earlier in the year) or the Saints.

I think we should be beating WFT, but our secondary gets shredded far to often and missing Devin White is a big loss by the looks of how Minter played last night.

Bad time slot for us as well. Can't remember the last time the Bucs played well in the late night slot! I remeber beating the Panthers with a late Aguayo kick a few years ago but we played pretty awful that night despite the win.

Brady is incredible though. A pleasure to have on the team regardless of how the rest of the season goes. I just hope Mike Evans' recovers in time to play in the playoffs. The man deserves it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

They'll definitely beat the Redskins and my thinking on GB game was that there will be no fans & the cold weather wont be a problem for Brady.
    Even Brown is a proven cold weather performer.
    Plus GB might be caught cold themselves! Haven't really had any tough games the last while.

Dont know enough about the Saints. Other than i see they walloped them there in Tampa.

Advertisement