Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need people to check my website ASAP before TV appearance!

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

tacofries wrote: »
    Mods, can I reply here if the question is about the Den experience and not the business?.

Yes, go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Tej, Touker and Sara split the investment.

haha Gloomtastic she was actually so encouraging!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Mods, can I reply here if the question is about the Den experience and not the business?

Jimmii, they initially asked for about 100 pieces of due diligence. I said no chance am I doing it and then they reduced it to 10 things.

The Dragons were really easy about the DD, it was their staff that were pushing for it but once I told the Dragons and showed them what I was being asked for they agreed it was ridiculous.

The Dragons themselves were so down to Earth and the show was highly edited as the actual pitch lasted two hours. Deborah was actually very very close to investing and I got on really well with her.

Wow that's ridiculous! I would imagine Touker and Tej being pretty chill about stuff like that! Were you like hey touks can you sort this out mate but ridiculous right lol!

Now the dust has settled how do you feel about snagging 3? Do you think it means it's likely to be harder to get everyone together or does it just make it easier to at least get hold of one of them? Sara has such perfect experience for you that must be really exciting!

Missed the dragons. Who do you have with you?

No one he was flying solo. Worth a watch just to see their faces when he wont say where the glue is made lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Just watched this on Iplayer. Congratulations on the deal. I have one myself & it's a great product. I'm so proud that it's 100 percent Irish (except the glue). I'm amazed that you have gotten onto RTE, BBC & I've heard you on the radio. You also show up on my Facebook feed.

I hope this goes supersonic for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Just watched this on Iplayer. Congratulations on the deal. I have one myself & it's a great product. I'm so proud that it's 100 percent Irish (except the glue). I'm amazed that you have gotten onto RTE, BBC & I've heard you on the radio. You also show up on my Facebook feed.

I hope this goes supersonic for you.

But he started off here on Boards! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Yes he did. I'm glad the mods are giving a little slack in this case.

Thanks Sleeper :)

Jimmii, it wasn’t aired but I went back and forth with the Dragons for 20 minutes knuckling down how it would work saying to them that too many cooks spoil the broth. It turns out that Touker and Tej do a load of business together so are very versed in how the job sharing works. Sara also laid down exactly what her area would be so there wouldn’t be too much confusion.

I was hoping they’d air more of the negotiations. It went on for a lot longer then what was shown and I pushed them way harder. Ended up with an unsecured low interest line of credit and free access to staff also but again it didn’t make the tv. So much didn’t get on air. You could actually write a book on it..

And the elevator is not an elevator as it’s a one story building !

Jimmii, it wasn’t aired but I went back and forth with the Dragons for 20 minutes knuckling down how it would work saying to them that too many cooks spoil the broth. It turns out that Touker and Tej do a load of business together so are very versed in how the job sharing works. Sara also laid down exactly what her area would be so there wouldn’t be too much confusion.

I was hoping they’d air more of the negotiations. It went on for a lot longer then what was shown and I pushed them way harder. Ended up with an unsecured low interest line of credit and free access to staff also but again it didn’t make the tv. So much didn’t get on air. You could actually write a book on it..

Interesting how much longer it goes on for! Cant believe they trick us with the list I guess it goes back to the original series in the warehouse and keeping that vibe a bit maybe? Even with the lie it's still better than the shark tank entrance!

Would be good if they published the full thing online I'm sure people would be interested to see what really happens.

So the deal was the 24% we seen PLUS the line of credit? I always thought it was strange we didnt see more of that sort of deal. The UK version gives the impression its equity deals only always thought that was strange.

• Advertisement

Yes indeed- I remember dedicating the Late Late Show thread to him on his appearance there :D

Well done Taco- great performance last night- but remember, it's not just the bathroom- those dragons will own your bedroom, hall, living room, kitchen, scullery attic, under stairs etc products as well- it's all on tape :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭zapper55

Taco fries I wouldn't give any more details on the discussions/ TV show in case it jeopardises your deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I was hoping they’d air more of the negotiations.
    They most likely omit these details so that the next person can't use the same techniques.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Where is the big obtrusive cookie consent message? Do you not use cookies? Feels weird not having it.

I'd make the links in the menu selectable on the block or just the text. Minor usability improvement but quick to do.

Looks good on my phone which is a galaxy 7 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Thought there was going to be a Mexican standoff over the country and origins of the glue which would have been ridiculous to try and make you reveal that on-air.

Jones can be a bit of an idiot trying to force people to reveal private info on-air when there is no reason for it but his ego winning out.

The glue questioning went on for 5 minutes longer than what was shown on tv. All the dragons started randomly shouting out countries, it was actually pretty funny.

Jones was a pure tv guy. I know the guy before me got a lashing from him also!

It was recorded 5 months ago Zapper so all good!

The glue questioning went on for 5 minutes longer than what was shown on tv. All the dragons started randomly shouting out countries, it was actually pretty funny.

Jones was a pure tv guy. I know the guy before me got a lashing from him also!

It was recorded 5 months ago Zapper so all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

just watched it there on the iplayer. fair play to you, best of luck with it. if you havent already, you might check out design thinking workshops. great for getting new ideas and validating real pain points.

just watched it there on the iplayer. fair play to you, best of luck with it. if you havent already, you might check out design thinking workshops. great for getting new ideas and validating real pain points.

Never heard of them before but i will definitely check them out, they sound great.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Never heard of them before but i will definitely check them out, they sound great.

Its a whole school of thought on the the design process. there are some meetups around Dublin on it.

But you can check out a beginners guide here https://dschool-old.stanford.edu/sandbox/groups/designresources/wiki/36873/attachments/74b3d/ModeGuideBOOTCAMP2010L.pdf

It basically puts some structure on what you seem to have already done (pain points in the shower).

You focus on the pain points first before you even start considering a solution. And you prototype fast and get customer feedback to ensure you dont end up with a Homermobile :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement