Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autumn 2018 - General discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I am going to Belfast on Tuesday to see the Titanic museum. Then Game of Thrones tour on Wednesday. How badly will this effect my plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Sun, rain and a rainbow at the moment in Dublin 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

acequion wrote: »
    Sometimes people on here take everything too literally and never stop to consider that a poster may only have been tongue in cheek or perhaps somewhat misworded their post.

:rolleyes:

not applicable.

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Sun, rain and a rainbow at the moment in Dublin 5.

dark skies after a loud cold night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

mostly bright and sunny here, I have seen very little rain other than a few minutes of drizzle since I arrived home on Tuesday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Left Ashbourne and it was sunny, barely any clouds and breezy, get to Slane and its pouring rain, dark and miserable, Just horrible.

Sunny afternoon/evening after a dull morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cold but fairly dry

Still lashing here, but a clearance is looking close, i have to say, this September so far, is up there with been one of the worst i remember here...

Still lashing here, but a clearance is looking close, i have to say, this September so far, is up there with been one of the worst i remember here.

It's surprising to see how different the month has been considering how close we are to each other. September hasn't been bad at all here, good and by no means horrible.

• Advertisement

Artane2002 wrote: »
    It's surprising to see how different the month has been considering how close we are to each other. September hasn't been bad at all here

Yep, like i said, we left Ashbourne and it was sunny, got halfway to Slane it was drizzly, arrived in Slane it was lashing, about a 20-25km difference

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The last 10 days in the west have been very bad. Constant drizzle, heavy showers, high humidity and dark grey skies. I think one day we got a break.

Farmers in the west will be feeling the pinch. Ground must be getting very wet, even dry ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

The last 10 days in the west have been very bad. Constant drizzle, heavy showers, high humidity and dark grey skies. I think one day we got a break.

Farmers in the west will be feeling the pinch. Ground must be getting very wet, even dry ground.

Indeed. Be careful what you wish for springs to mind. In the past 6 weeks (4 weeks of summer and first 2 weeks of Autumn) it has rained damn near every day. People who were literally praying for rain had their prayers answered.........Its Ireland. It will always make enough rain. Maybe we can be allowed enjoy the next dry, sunny spell in June 2019........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Nah soil moisture deficits are still quite high outside of the west (which is basically at normal deficits now):
    https://www.met.ie/forecasts/farming

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A mixture of bright spells and heavy downpours in Castlebar today, 10.8mm of rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

km79 wrote: »
    Indeed. Be careful what you wish for springs to mind. In the past 6 weeks (4 weeks of summer and first 2 weeks of Autumn) it has rained damn near every day. People who were literally praying for rain had their prayers answered.........Its Ireland. It will always make enough rain. Maybe we can be allowed enjoy the next dry, sunny spell in June 2019........

June 2019? I’d say more like June 2039

• Registered Users Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It's been a foul week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

JCX BXC wrote: »
    It's been a foul week.

and things are about to get a whole lot worse. I'm really not looking forward to all this wind and unsettled muck over the next week. This will probably be the first properly unsettled and wet week nationwide in a long time. Meanwhile summer resumes over southern and south-eastern UK with mid 20s and warm sunshine for most of the coming week.

A wild loud gale raging here. Thought Helene had arrived early. Why always at night! West Mayo, offshore island

This is the offending post? Written tongue in cheek! I need my sleep at my advanced age! Ease up folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Graces7 wrote: »
    A wild loud gale raging here. Thought Helene had arrived early. Why always at night! West Mayo, offshore island

maybe you could talk to longtime residents there, they might be used to the weather and maybe reassure you if you are scared.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

maybe you could talk to longtime residents there, they might be used to the weather and maybe reassure you if you are scared.

Where in her post did Grace state that she was frightened of the weather conditions in her location?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭highdef

Where in her post did Grace state that she was frightened of the weather conditions in her location?
    To be fair, yellowLabrador seems to be offering helpful advice as the wording of grace7s reply did suggest a sense of fear or worry, Especially to any posters who are unaware of her background. The advice given was sound

It was a mild, overcast and breezy day in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

Graces7 wrote: »

Just been outside and the wind is really getting up. Wasn't expecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

raining down here in Cork City and some strong gusts of wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭picturehangup

Wind howling like crazy in Mullingar now at 11.20pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Very windy in Kildare now and anything loose has gone across the garden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

In Donegal at the moment and its a really wild night out there, first real windy night of the season. I've been off the grid a bit recently in terms of keeping up with the weather but just had a look at the models and looks like plenty more wildness on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Very heavy rain In cork city at the moment. That combined with a very strong gust of wind just woke me up. Wind died down for a bit but came back with the rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭older by the day

Very heavy rain In cork city at the moment. That combined with a very strong gust of wind just woke me up. Wind died down for a bit but came back with the rain.

Down near skibb here. Rain coming down in sheets, but feck it , we have world champions again today

Advertisement